Brightly, eagerly and lively

Brightly, eagerly and lively

Brightly, eagerly and lively

 

It was a summer night.

Hara and Jinri were together in the same room and on the same bed. They were lying one on top of the other. One could feel the beat of the other, the warmth of the other and the breath of the other. It was as if there was nothing else besides them, it was as if there were no one else besides them. There were only the two of them in that room and on that bed. Their hearts, their bodies, their breaths. They were one, they weren't two. It was impossible to know where Hara started and where Jinri ended. They belonged to each other. Nothing else existed, not in that world within those four walls, no one else existed. All was well.

There was the scent of flowers in the air coming from the window; the make-up brushes and the nail polish scattered on the floor; the music in the background coming from the stereo. So many noises, so many smells. It was all mixed up.


But Jinri broke away from Hara to move to the center of the room in front of the window. She began to dance and sing. Slowly, softly, freely. She smiled, she fooled around and she laughed. Like a kid, like a child.

Hara was so happy to be with Jinri. Especially then, especially that summer night, especially there. She wanted to stay there and then with her forever on that summer night. She didn't want to leave her. Never, ever again. It seemed like a dream. It should've been eternal, it should've been infinite. An everlasting dream in which they could've lived together.

She stared at her from afar. She watched her. How she was dancing and how she was singing. She was free. So brightly, so eagerly, so lively. Hara thought of how much she loved Jinri. She was the most beautiful, powerful and magical flower. She would've wanted to take care of her. For the rest of their lives spent together.

It was her voice to bring her back to reality.

It were her hands to bring her back to reality.

It were her eyes to bring her back to reality.


How she talked to her, how she pulled her towards herself, how she looked at her.

It was so real, so meaningful, so true. She really wished it could've lasted forever and ever. She glanced toward the clock settled on the beside table. It was past midnight. If time could've blocked its flow, without moving forward or backward. Crystallized. They could've stayed in that dream. They would've been frozen in the warmest dream.


“Dance with me, unnie, sing with me,” Jinri said to Hara.

“But it's so late-” Hara replied to Jinri.

“Just for a while, just once, just for a bit,” Jinri said to Hara.

They chuckled in unison.

The sound of their laughter echoed between the walls, the image of their smiles reflected on the windows.

They were together, Hara and Jinri, and all was well.

All was well in their dreamy and fairy world.



 


 



I wanted to picture a fairy and dreamy scenario on purpose. I wanted it to feel like a sort of dream. I don't have anything else to say about this story, but I hope it may leave something warm in your heart and soul.