One

Liar Liar

Dahyun was pretty tired. They were currently unpacking their vans as their manager checked them into the hotel. They weren’t staying in Japan long, only three nights. Still though, despite the comparatively short flight, Dahyun was tired. It seemed she was always tired these days, the price you pay for the kind of lifestyle she has the privilege of living. A relatively small price, in Dahyun’s opinion.

 

“Ok girls, manager oppa just gave me the room assignments so listen up!” Jihyo commanded in her booming voice. Dahyun dragged her feet over to the vicinity of their leader, although truthfully, she would’ve been able to hear her just fine from 100 yards away.

 

“Jeongyeon and Tzuyu, room 306.” Jihyo announced as she delivered the room keys safely into the specified members hands. 

 

Jeongyeon and Tzuyu? Hm, I guess we’re rooming with the same people we roomed with in the Philippines. Dahyun thought to herself as Jihyo handed the next room keys to Nayeon and… Momo? I guess not then. If she remembered correctly, Momo had shared a room with Sana in the Philippines, or was it Thailand where they shared a room? Regardless, Mina and Chaeyoung were next to receive their room keys. That left herself, Jihyo and… Sana. Dahyun gulped. She had nothing against Sana personally, the girl just insisted on flirting with her constantly. It wasn’t so bad when they were in their dorm and had seven other people around, but just her and Sana alone in a room with nowhere to hide… no thanks. Dahyun was tired. The last thing she wanted to do was be bombarded by Sana’s affections for hours every night, after days full of schedules. Please, please, don’t let Sana unnie be my roomma…

 

“Sana and Dahyun are in room 312, here you go.” Jihyo finished and handed the room keys over to Sana, who was conveniently standing beside her. Dahyun groaned internally. Or at least, she had thought it had been internal. On the other side of her, Chaeyoung elbowed Dahyun in the ribs.

 

“What’s your problem unnie?” She asked.

 

“I don’t want to share a room with Sana unnie!” Dahyun whispered to her small friend.

 

“Jeez unnie why not? We barely spend time in the hotel anyway.”

 

“Because I’m not in the mood for all the… flirting.” Dahyun confessed in a small voice, looking down. Chaeyoung only chuckled.

 

“You’ll be fine unnie, don’t be scared of Sana unnie.” Chaeyoung patted her friend on the arm and walked off in the direction of her own room, looking rather smug to be sharing said room with Mina. Dahyun sighed and made her way over to Sana. Sana smiled at her and handed her one of the room keys, before turning and heading to their room for the night.

 

It wasn’t that Dahyun didn’t like Sana, it was just that the girl was brazen enough when other people were around- when cameras were rolling even- who knows what kind of courage she could muster while they were alone. Sana got embarrassed doing aegyo and being forced to display personal talents yet, she never seemed the slightest bit shy in regards to her shameless flirting. She was never deterred and never disheartened. It was no secret that Dahyun was the number one target for said shameless affections, a fact that left the younger girl red-faced more often than she’d like to admit. Despite Dahyun’s constant rejections (and sometimes acceptance), Sana’s resolve held fast. She always came back with more crushing cuteness and overt flirtations. It was one thing to be with Sana in public, another to be with her in their dorm with all their other members present, and quite another to be alone in a private room with her. Dahyun was too tired to deal with Sana tonight. Too tired and too shy. As they entered their shared room she sent one last plea for help to Chaeyoung, a text that would go mysteriously unanswered.

 

They were alone now, in their room. Sana was accommodating her things so Dahyun followed suit. Before long, the older girl turned to her, causing Dahyun to hold her breath,

 

“Do you want to shower first or second Dahyun-ah?” Sana asked sweetly. Dahyun blinked.

 

“You can go first unnie.” She replied, thoroughly suspicious of the older girl.

 

“Ok.” Sana chirped in reply before grabbing her things and heading for the bathroom.

 

When she heard the water turn on, Dahyun released the breath she had been holding. This was going to be a long night indeed, and they had to be up early the next morning. When the water shut off, Dahyun waited patiently for Sana to emerge from the bathroom. When she did, hair still damp and dressed in her pajamas, Dahyun avoided eye contact. She could see Sana’s long, mostly bare legs as they carried her from the bathroom safely into her own bed. Sana snuggled into the covers and took out her phone. Without looking away from the screen she called out to Dahyun,

 

“Dahyunnie you should shower now, we don’t want to be up late since our schedule starts early tomorrow.” Dahyun let out a noise suspiciously similar to a “hmph.” This snake was playing innocent, but Dahyun knew better. She suspected when she finished her shower Sana would probably be in Dahyun’s bed, offering some lame excuse about being cold. It wouldn’t be the first time. Dahyun entered the bathroom and took care to lock the door. She undressed and entered the shower, letting the hot water cascade off her body as it relaxed her sore muscles. After she finished washing herself up and was ready for bed, she took one last deep breath before stepping out of the bathroom. Here we go, she thought to herself as she readied herself for whatever antics Sana had up her sleeve.

 

Their room was dark as Dahyun made her way over to her own bed. She the bedside lamp before climbing in. Now illuminated, Dahyun could see Sana was still securely in her own bed, her back to where Dahyun stood in between their beds. She turned, peeking over her shoulder to look at Dahyun. Sana smiled,

 

“Goodnight Dahyunnie.” She told her roommate sweetly, before turning back around and presumably settling in for the night.

 

Dahyun climbed into her own bed, bewildered. She must be really tired, they did have a rather long day. A long week really. A long year, more accurately. They constantly had schedules that wore on anywhere from 1 in the morning to 5 in the morning. They rarely slept a full 8 hours and their days were filled with running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Most of the time it was utter chaos. It was plausible that Sana would be exhausted, despite her seeming to always have stores of energy. She was definitely their most… lively member. It was nice though, that she was always happy, always bright. Sana was the one who the members went to when they wanted some affection or unconditional comfort. Sana never turned anyone away and was never too busy to talk. In fact, she was usually the one getting turned away and told to calm down. It wasn’t her fault though, that she was just wanted to be happy and be hugged, there were worse things to want after all.

 

Still, it was a fact that Dahyun would be resting more easily should she be sharing a room with her best friend Chaeyoung, or the quiet and considerate Mina. She had no such luck though, she was instead sharing a room with Sana. Sana the shameless snake. A snake who loved to flirt and who loved attention. Typically, two things she frequently asked for from Dahyun. Typically, yet not tonight. But she was tired tonight. Just like Dahyun. Dahyun was known to be the most difficult to wake in the morning. Dahyun, who had been complaining about how tired she was all day yet, was currently lying alone in bed with her thoughts transfixed on the slumbering girl in the bed beside hers.

 

And that was how her night went, she spent the majority of it awake, tossing and turning and wondering what kind of devilish plan Sana was conjuring as she “innocently” slept.

 

Dahyun was less than thrilled to hear the alarm blaring the next morning. She guessed she had only slept for a couple hours max, as she let out a groan of disapproval. Sana got up relatively easily, reaching over to turn off the incessant alarm. Once up, she made her way to the bathroom, undoubtedly to get ready for the day just as Dahyun was supposed to be doing. When she returned she stopped at the foot of Dahyun’s bed. The younger girl hadn’t moved an inch and they needed to be downstairs for the hotel breakfast which ended in 20 minutes. Sana approached the girl’s bed, delicately placing her hand on Dahyun’s shoulder and gently shaking the girl. Dahyun was awake, of course, but Sana didn’t know that and Dahyun wasn’t about to give in without a fight. She groaned audibly and turned over. Sana only giggled in response.

 

“Come on Dahyunnie, we have to be downstairs soon and I don’t want to be the late ones again.” Sana begged, having had her fair share of scoldings thanks to Momo. Dahyun remained motionless, so Sana sighed heavily and tried shaking her once more. When it was clear the redhead had no intention of caving to Sana’s wishes, the older girl simply gave up.

 

“Fine. I’m heading downstairs for breakfast. Just please be ready by the time we need to leave or I’m sending Jihyo up here.” And with that the older girl turned and left, the heavy door clicking loudly behind her.

 

Dahyun sprung up in bed, angered. How could Sana just leave her? She hardly put any effort into waking her up. She didn’t coo in her ear like she usually did, or lay on top of her, or tickle her till she was out of breath. She didn’t do anything. She just gave up on Dahyun and left. What the hell?

 

Dahyun grumpily began readying herself for the day. She had barely gotten any sleep last night, just as predicted, and now her mood had been soured before she even set foot out of her own damn room. This snake was cunning indeed. When Dahyun finally made it downstairs, she was irked to find she was the last one to arrive. The hotel staff was already cleaning up the breakfast buffet and Jihyo was already going over their schedule with the managers. She walked over to what was left of the buffet only to find onion bagels. She hated onion bagels. Dahyun groaned for the millionth time that morning and decided she would simply starve, it wouldn’t be the first time anyway. She headed over to one of the tables occupied by her members and sat down next to Chaeyoung just as a plate of eggs, toast, waffles and a cup of orange juice were placed in front of her. Dahyun turned to meet Sana’s eyes, soft and warm as she kindly informed her that she had made a plate for her grumpy friend. Dahyun didn’t even have a chance to respond before Sana was gone, returning to her own table with Mina, Nayeon, and Momo.

 

“So how did it go last night?” Chaeyoung asked cheekily as Dahyun began wolfing down her breakfast. She could already see the staff loading up their vans so she knew there wasn’t much time left before they needed to head to their first schedule of the day.

 

“It was… weird.” Dahyun confessed around a mouth full of eggs.

 

“Weird?” Chaeyoung repeated in a quieter voice.

 

“Yeah weird. She barely talked to me.”

 

“Well, that’s what you said you wanted, isn’t it unnie?” Dahyun scowled at Chaeyoung’s remark.

 

“I didn’t say I wanted to be ignored!” She almost yelled, causing Tzuyu and Jeongyeon to look up at her. She smiled at them, letting them know her outburst was nothing to be alarmed about.

 

“She was probably just tired unnie.” Chaeyoung replied before lifting her cup and taking a sip of her tea.

 

“Yeah probably.”

 

Their day went by like so many others, a streamlined blur of activity. They had interviews and photoshoots and signings. By the time they were all packed into their vans and heading back to the hotel, half of them couldn’t even keep their eyes open. As she treaded up to her shared room with Sana, Dahyun once again found herself apprehensive. She knew Sana and she knew her well. Last night was a fluke, Sana was always lively and talkative and touchy and flirty. She would undoubtedly return to just that tonight, when Dahyun was once again exhausted. Sana’s van had arrived just before her own so Dahyun assumed she would find the older girl there when she opened the door to her room. To her surprise, their room was empty and the lights were off. Maybe Sana was held back to talk to one of the managers? Regardless of the stillness, Dahyun entered the room and headed for a much needed and highly anticipated hot shower. When she emerged a good half an hour later, Sana was still missing. How odd. But Dahyun was tired so she ignored the heavy silence and crawled into bed. Her eyelids drooped shut as her exhaustion caught up to her body. 

 

Yet, she couldn’t completely relinquish consciousness and accept the tug of sleep. Not while Sana was still gone and still undoubtedly scheming. At any moment, she would barge through the door- never having been one to have much regard for the quiet- and launch herself at Dahyun. Sana was always bursting with energy. Energy she would throw carelessly all over the place and all over other people. Dahyun should know, she had been on the receiving end of Sana’s endless vitality numerous times. Normally, Dahyun embraced Sana’s unyielding vibrancy and would match her energy level. But tonight, she was tired. Dahyun laid in bed, begging for sleep, dreading the inevitable return of her roommate all the way up until the door to their room opened and then shut. Anxiety filled her chest as she awaited Sana’s next move, certain now was the time the older girl would pounce.

 

But once again to Dahyun’s immense surprise, Sana did the exact opposite of what she expected. She went into the bathroom, showered, and then calmly and relatively quietly strolled over to her own bed and tucked herself in for the night. How incredibly strange. Maybe something was wrong with Sana? She definitely wasn’t acting like her usual self. At least, she hadn’t been during their nights together. All day today she had seemed normal. Well, normal for Sana anyway. She had pranced around their photo shoot set and giggled adorably with their fans at the signing. Nothing had seemed out of the ordinary all day. Nothing except that Sana had left her alone. She hadn’t ignored Dahyun per se, but she certainly hadn’t paid her any kind of special attention. Not that Dahyun had wanted any. Please, she hardly needed Sana’s animated affections to feel loved. Still though, her behavior was different than what Dahyun was used to and it was throwing her off. Surely, this was just another scheme, Sana was notorious for such sly operations after all. 

 

Or maybe it wasn’t. Maybe Sana was upset with Dahyun? She had been normal, normal for Sana, during the day. It was only when it came to Dahyun that the girl was acting odd. Maybe she had done something to upset her? Maybe Sana had been purposely avoiding her by not coming to their room until Dahyun had already gone to bed. It seemed plausible enough. Dahyun wasn’t perfect, she was capable of error. She could have upset Sana without even knowing it.

 

… Or maybe that was exactly what Sana wanted her to think. Sana had Dahyun doubting herself. Doubting how well she knew the other girl and herself. How tricky indeed. It is just like a snake to have you turning an entire situation against yourself. Of course it wasn’t Dahyun’s fault. Sana was simply up to something and she would have to wait to find out exactly what. 

 

The next morning Sana continued her charade, waking Dahyun gently before heading downstairs to meet their members for breakfast. Once again, she acted totally cool as Dahyun joined them and Sana delivered the meal she had saved for her. And as they filed into their vans to head to their first schedule, Sana once again boarded the front van, perfectly aware of Dahyun settling into the other one. 

 

As the day wore on Dahyun found herself obsessed with uncovering the imminent ploy Sana was surely contriving. Chaeyoung had approached her on several occasions only be shooed away by Dahyun and named a distraction from her attempts to watch Sana closely. She documented her every move and took note of every possible clue. By the evening, as they made their way to their respective rooms for their third and final night, Dahyun’s paranoia had mounted tremendously, leaving her constantly aware of Sana. When they reached their room, once again Sana’s behavior was maddeningly mild as she took her shower and then crawled into her own bed without even sparing Dahyun a single glance. What the hell. Thoroughly perturbed by her roommate’s actions, Dahyun followed her lead and took her own shower before readying herself for bed and climbing in. 

 

“Goodnight Dahyunnie.” Sana called out to her in the dark stillness. Dahyun didn’t bother replying. 

 

Dahyun lay in her bed awake, once again finding sleep as elusive as the details of Sana’s ploy. Sure, their days had been long but was it asking for too much for a little conversation from Sana? She was usually almost as chatty as Nayeon. Why did she suddenly seem to have nothing to say to Dahyun? They always talked comfortably and at length. Why had these past 3 days been so different? It was increasingly infuriating. Dahyun had assumed Sana would shower her with affection during their alone time together, when there was no need for inhibition. Dahyun had presumed Sana would flirt with her endlessly during their alone time together, with no other outlet in the vicinity for said flirtations. Yet, neither of those things had happened and Dahyun found she was irked by their absence more than she had been irked by their presence. It was infuriating and was once again plaguing her mind into restlessness. Was she really about to be subjected to another sleepless night at the hands of one Sanake? I don’t think so. 

 

Dahyun sat up in her bed and the lamp beside it, folding her arms across her chest as Sana stirred.

 

“Sana unnie.” She called out, her tone demanding. Sana rolled over in bed to face Dahyun, her face a mix of confusion and exhaustion.  

 

“What’s up Dahyunnie?” She asked, her voice hoarse, giving it a distinct and seductive rasp. 

 

“What’s going on?” Dahyun questioned, tightening the folded arms across her chest. 

 

“What do you mean?” Sana answered, her brow creased. Dahyun huffed.

 

“What’s going on with you? You’ve barely talked to me since we’ve been in Japan and we’re roommates.” Dahyun accused, studying Sana’s face. Mostly, the older girl just looked tired.

 

“I don’t know? You looked tired and you kept saying how tired you are so I thought I would just leave you alone.” Sana’s response seemed genuine, but it was hardly what Dahyun had wanted to hear. 

 

“We can talk now?” Sana offered then, her eyes soft and warm. Dahyun had to look away. 

 

Although she wasn’t sure what exactly she had wanted from Sana, or what she even expected from her at this point, Dahyun felt like she wasn’t getting it. She sighed. She had thought she wanted Sana to leave her alone, to let her be, but when Sana had done just that, it had enraged Dahyun. Perhaps it may be time to concede that having Sana leave her alone wasn’t what Dahyun had wanted after all.

 

“It’s late now and I can tell you’re tired unnie. I just thought something was going on.” Dahyun lamented, fiddling with the sheets of her bed. Sana furrowed her brow further,

 

“Why did you think that?” Sana inquired innocently. Dahyun sighed again.

 

“I don’t know. Normally, you talk to me a lot and you, like, pay more attention to me…” Jesus, it sounded pathetic coming out of now. 

 

“Aw I’m sorry Dahyunnie.” Sana whined, climbing out of bed to rush over and envelope the pouting Dahyun in her arms.

 

Despite having clearly expressed a desire for the opposite on more than one occasion, Dahyun was more than relieved to find herself in Sana’s embrace once again. Though blushing, Dahyun couldn’t keep the wide smile off her face as she returned Sana’s hug, burrowing her head into the spot between the older girl’s shoulder and neck. Sana giggled lightly, rubbing Dahyun’s head gingerly. 

 

“Better?” She asked, and Dahyun merely nodded the head she still had rested on Sana’s shoulder. 

 

When they broke apart, Sana still holding Dahyun at arms length, they gazed into the other’s eyes. Sana’s eyes revealed her amusement, a playful glimmer in them. 

 

“Did my darling miss me?” She asked, with blatant and crippling aegyo. Dahyun blushed slightly and shoved Sana half-heartedly.

 

“What if I did…” Dahyun didn’t dare look Sana in the eyes as she responded, her nerves getting the best of her in the older girl’s presence. 

 

“If you did then all you have to do is say so. You know I’m more than happy to give my darling all the attention she wants.” Sana proclaimed proudly, smiling broadly. 

 

Ah now this is the Sana unnie I know. Unabashed and always flirty. Dahyun chuckled to herself, a bit uncomfortable in the best of ways. 

 

“You should just know.” Dahyun scolded to which Sana replied,

 

“Ah, but Dahyunnie how am I supposed to know when you talk about how tired you are and tell Chaeyoungie you don’t want to room with me?” 

 

Oh crap. She knows about that?! How the hell did Sana know about her conversation with Chaeyoung? Did the younger girl tell her? More importantly, should she lie to Sana about it? Dahyun considered the prospect, although ultimately she decided it futile as clearly, Sana knew the truth already.

 

“How did you know that?” She asked lamely, too ashamed to look at Sana. 

 

“I heard you. You’re not as quiet as you think Dahyunnie. And as a matter of fact, neither is Chaeyoung.” Sana didn’t look upset. This should have been a good thing, but Dahyun felt perhaps this was worse. Sana seemed to have almost anticipated this. That thought, the one where Dahyun realized that Sana expected her members- and her darling- would grow tired of her, was far worse. Dahyun had some serious explaining to do. 

 

“I’m sorry unnie it’s not what you think.” Dahyun tried, though Sana brushed it off.

 

“Don’t worry Dahyunnie, I’m just glad we’re ok now.” She said, offering Dahyun a very warm, and undeserved, smile. 

 

“But maybe next time, if there’s a problem with me, you should come and talk to me.” There was the tiniest hint of sadness in her eyes as she said this, Dahyun’s heart tearing at the sight. Without another word, Sana moved to get up and make her way back to her own bed for the night. A sudden surge of panic ripped through Dahyun at the thought of them leaving things where they were. Without hesitation, Dahyun’s arm shot out and grabbed a hold of Sana’s wrist, causing them to face each other once more.

 

“Sana unnie I’m sorry, I was being stupid when I said that to Chaeyoung. I was just, I mean, I just thought…” Damnit

 

How exactly was she supposed to finish that sentence? By telling Sana her affection made Dahyun uncomfortable? By revealing how inexplicably anxious she had been to share a room alone with Sana? By confessing that while Dahyun had “rejected” Sana’s flirtations at times in the past, she actually craved them? A fact that was painfully confirmed when Sana had done just as Dahyun had claimed to have wanted, and stopped showering her with unconditional adoration.

 

For her part, Sana simply stood and patiently waited for Dahyun to continue. When it became clear the younger girl was struggling to find the words, Sana thought she might help. 

 

“You didn’t want me to flirt with you Dahyun. I get it. It’s ok.” The way Sana had said those words struck something deep within Dahyun, her guilt tripling. 

 

“No, no it’s not that, it’s just that you make me nervous sometimes!” Dahyun attempted once more, though Sana’s face was growing increasing solemn as their conversation digressed further. 

 

“I don’t get you Dahyun.” Sana told her friend, wrenching her wrist free from Dahyun’s grip. 

 

“First, you tell Chaeyoung you don’t wanna room with me so I leave you alone to try and make you feel comfortable. Then, you say you miss the way we were and tell me you like when I give you attention, which by the way, you ask for half the time. Now, you’re saying I make you nervous? I don’t know what to do. How exactly do you want me to act around you, Dahyun?” Each accusation thrown at Dahyun by Sana had been more aggressive than the last, culminating in Sana being more worked up than Dahyun had seen her in a long time. She stood staring at Dahyun, her brows drawn and displeasure evident. Dahyun gulped. 

 

How exactly do I want Sana unnie to act around me? Now that was a good question. First, Dahyun had thought the affections Sana smothered her with had been too much, and she would prefer to do without them. But then it had become increasingly obvious that that was not in fact, what Dahyun wanted at all. Now, Dahyun had told Sana that the older girl made her nervous, and although that were true, it was a statement that clearly contradicted Dahyun’s devastating yearning for Sana. So what exactly did she want? 

 

“I don’t know unnie.” Was Dahyun’s feeble response. It was Sana’s turn to huff, which she did adorably. 

 

“Well I don’t know what to do then Dahyun.” Her voice lacked the agitation of before, now it only carried sorrow. 

 

“Me either unnie. I guess I don’t know what I want and I’m sorry.” Dahyun was staring at her lap, fiddling with her sheets. 

 

“Let’s figure it out then.” Sana proposed, plopping down on the bed, facing Dahyun. 

 

“What?” Was her eloquent reply. 

 

“You don’t know what you want right?” Dahyun nodded, so Sana continued, “Then we’ll figure it out. You and me. Right now.” There was a determination to Sana’s tone that left Dahyun with a mounting feeling of dread. Surely, this could not go well. But before Dahyun could protest, Sana was already talking again.

 

“When exactly do I make you feel nervous?” She asked, eyes focused on Dahyun. 

 

“Um, I mean, I don’t know?” Sana narrowed her eyes, displeased with the response, so Dahyun tried again, “maybe when you call me ‘darling’ and say, uh, suggestive things?” It sounded more like a question than a statement, but Sana considered it nonetheless.

 

“Ok, then I won’t call you ‘darling’ or say suggestive things to you.” Was her simple solution. Though, somehow, Dahyun hated it.

 

“No, no. That’s not what I want either.” Dahyun wailed, recalling fondly the flutter in her chest whenever Sana looked at her adoringly and brazenly flirted with her. Sana simply shook her head, Dahyun’s indecisiveness proving worse than she thought. 

 

“Ok how about you tell me the things I do that you don’t like then?” Sana renewed her attempt at discovering what on earth was going on inside Dahyun’s head. Dahyun took a moment to consider the question, scouring her mind for an appropriate response.

 

“Just be honest. It’ll be easier that way.” Sana offered when it became clear Dahyun was putting far more thought into the question than should've been necessary.

 

“Ok then, I don’t like when you go out in the rain without an umbrella. Or when you go out in the cold without a jacket. Or when you hurt yourself from being clumsy. I don’t like it when you call Eunha unnie your girlfriend. Or when you go to lunch with Momo unnie without asking me what I’m doing. Or when you go all day without talking to me. I don’t like when you sit somewhere else when there’s an open seat next to me. Or when you let the members pick on you. Or when you don’t eat enough.” Sana appeared surprised by the length of Dahyun’s response, her eyebrows having shot up as soon as Dahyun had opened and let the words tumble out carelessly. 

 

“You said I should be honest.” Dahyun defended with a shrug. 

 

“I did say that and I’m glad you were honest but I had no idea you were going to say all that. I’m not sure I can promise I won’t do any of it again but I can try.” Dahyun sighed. She wasn’t certain which of Dahyun’s dislikes in particular Sana was saying she wouldn’t promise not to do again, Eunha’s face immediately coming to mind.  

 

“It’s pretty sweet what you said Dahyunnie, though I didn’t hear you say anything about not liking the way I am with you.” Sana commented, a sly smile forming on her lips.

 

“Does that mean you like it?” She asked, one brow raised and that same smirk on her lips. Dahyun swallowed thickly, her cheeks warming up. 

 

“Yes.” She replied meekly, averting her gaze anywhere but Sana’s. She could hear the older girl giggle though, it was equal parts sinister and enchanting. 

 

Then Dahyun became painfully aware of Sana leaning closer to her, the temperature in their room climbing.  

 

“So, would you say then, that you like it when I flirt with you and call you ‘darling’?” Sana batted her eyelashes charmingly at Dahyun, the younger girl only meeting her gaze for a moment before dropping it once more. 

 

Is she trying to kill me? Dahyun wondered, painfully aware of their proximity and the fact that she was blushing- hard

 

“Y-Yes.” Her voice was quaking, a fact that was horribly mortifying to the poor, cornered, Dahyun. 

 

“What about when I touch you? Do you like that, Dahyunnie?” 

 

How could such a lewd question sound so innocent and even cute? Only Sana could pull such a thing off. Dahyun knew better though. She knew- as she had always known- that Sana was sly. She was a shameless snake and a cunning fox, a formidable and intoxicating hybrid. It was both tremendously vexing and incredibly alluring. Dahyun had been lying to herself, she knew that now. She had fed herself lies that were wrapped in truth because she didn’t understand her own reactions, and falsely believed that Sana’s advances were unwelcome and that they had just been playing around. Dahyun isn’t sure when it stopped being play, and started morphing into something else entirely. All she knows is that somewhere down the line, their attitudes towards each other had stopped being innocent- and stopped being platonic. Was there a use in fighting it? Evidently not. She had done just that at the start of their trip, mindlessly telling Chaeyoung she didn’t want to room with Sana and dreading their interactions. But perhaps that dread had been mislabeled. Dahyun had said Sana made her uncomfortable, and nervous, as a result of her scandalous behavior. She hadn’t however, asked herself why exactly those things made her uncomfortable. She had thought the answer obvious, but now she wasn’t so sure. And when Sana had granted Dahyun her “wish” and left the girl alone, it had been utterly miserable. 

 

Now the answer was staring her in the face. Her body screaming at her what she already knew if she had just had the courage to look. She liked Sana. And the older girl’s affections were more than just welcome, they were coveted. So with a lump the size of her fist in , her cheeks burning, and her heart hammering, Dahyun admitted to Sana her truth.

 

“Yes.”

 

And then Sana leaned the rest of the way in, placing her lips softly yet firmly, on Dahyun’s. 

 

The last night they had spent together in their hotel in Japan had been magical. Sana had been overjoyed when Dahyun had practically confessed as a result of her incessant prodding. And Dahyun had been ecstatic when Sana had kissed her- properly, on the lips- for the first time. One kiss turned into two, and two had turned into ten, and ten had turned into roaming hands and panting breath. It had been a particularly heated moment, with Sana’s lips attached to Dahyun neck and her nimble fingers working under her shirt, when Dahyun had halted the older girl, Sana immediately getting the hint. The remainder of the night had been spent with Dahyun’s head against Sana chest, the steady rhythm of her heartbeat lulling Dahyun into the deepest and most serene sleep the redhead had known. Though she had used her exhaustion as an excuse to stay away from Sana, ironically it had been Sana who had proved to be the cure for easing Dahyun’s troubled mind, finally allowing her to rest peacefully while in the older girl’s arms.

 


Feedback is always appreciated(: