In the Beginning

Into Our Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the Beginning

++

With a final grab to her guitar case, a piece of toasted bread and a final kiss to her mom, Heejin ran into the school bus and immediately sighed as she finally comfortably sat at the unoccupied row of seats at the back. 

Not too much kids are inside the bus. Just her and 3 other grade schoolers. Yup, definitely not a good idea for her to always commute with the town's school bus with bunch of grade schoolers when she's in High School already but who cares? 

Everything free is awesome.

Tucking her earphones on, she leaned back on her chair and let her eyes wander into the kids slowly entering the school bus as they stop. 

But what a godly surprise, a high schooler like her just happened to enter the bus and with how their uniform coincides, this just mean they're from the same school.

'Oh.' Heejin thought as she and the stranger locked eyes. Then the stranger's eyes wandered at the empty seat beside Heejin and she herself unconsciously looked at it.

'Is she going to sit beside me?' Heejin asked herself.

As what she expected, the girl moved beside Heejin and made herself comfortable.

Heejin just have the chance to look at her this close. Her eyes are cat-like and dark, small eyebags beneath her eyes and lips thin.

'Pretty.' She thought before looking away when she sensed the stranger shifting on her seat.

She kind of reminds Heejin the cat her neighbor, Mr. Hyun have. Cute. And nice to look at.

"Uhm, excuse me." A tap stopped Heejin from thinking of a certain cat and she looked beside her, grabbing out her earphones.

"Yes?" 

The girl looked at what she's holding and Heejin looked down as well, only to chuckle.

"You want to eat some?" 

The stranger looked at her wide eyed before slowly nodding. Not even a hint of embarrassment or fear.

Guess she think this toasted bread is that tasty. Heejin still gave it to her though, even when she could already feel the later on effect of her giving out the only food she could eat since she was late and breakfast wasn't really an option anymore.

With a smile, the stranger grabbed it from her hold and munched on it immediately, widening her eyes a bit at what Heejin wanted to assume is the taste of the bread. Heejin wouldn't lie, her mom just have this talent. She doesn't have that obviously.

Heejin couldn't help but smile as she saw the girl eating. She isn't feeling the hunger, since someone's enjoying what should be hers.

She likes sharing. Very much.

After what seems like minutes, the bread is no longer there and Heejin just realized that she had been looking at the stranger for like the whole time she was eating.

'That's creepy.' She thought.

"That's not creepy. It's actually fluttering." With a small smile, the stranger looked at her and Heejin widened her eyes.

"Did I said it out loud?" The stranger blinked before she slowly nodded.

"I guess....anyways, thank you for the bread. I am just getting hungry everytime I see bread around." This time, Heejin saw a tinge of pink into the girl's cheeks, coloring it perfectly.

Heejin smiled wider before shaking her head.

"It's fine. I'm Heejin by the way. Jeon Heejin." 

She extended her hand and the stranger gladly accepted it.

'Her hand's so soft.' Heejin thought before shaking it a bit.

"Hyunjin. Kim Hyunjin." 

Upon the mention of the name, Heejin widened her eyes before looking back at the girl in front of her with mouth agape. Did she just heard it right? Kim Hyunjin.

Kim Hyunjin?

"Uhm, you okay?" Hyunjin waved a hand at Heejin before freeing her own hand. She's worried that maybe her hand feels so rough for Heejin's silk palms? She doesn't know.

"You're the girl in my dreams." Hyunjin heard Heejin whisper more than to herself and immediately grew redder.

'This girl have some guts.'

Heejin, upon realizing what she just carelessly said, immediately waved her hand, cheeks getting red as well.

"N-not that way. Just, I think I heard your name in my dreams. I'm having them for like weeks so it's hard for me to forget it."

Oh.

Hyunjin nodded before awkwardly lookimg in front, Heejin doing the same. They remained silent all throughout the ride, although they'll glance with each other when the other's not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter