Part I - Learn the art

Untameable Flames

Whipping brown locks, wild in the wind. A simple white shirt and jeans. He grips on tight to the animal he rides, short, weak legs struggling to support himself. The rope looped across the animal barely helps. The small figure rides on in the browning fields that seem to never end.

 

Suddenly, the young boy falls to the ground as the animal rears upwards.

 

Thud.  He falls with significant impact and is motionless on the ground.

 

A beat.

 

He gets up, face marred with soil and a bit of blood trickling downwards. He walks in the direction of the disappearing animal, limping with obvious pain. But he walks on, through the endless field that seems to swallow him up. The sight of the wild horse and the boy, leave Kyungsoo, breathless.

 

Kyungsoo watches from the enclosed, safe space of his 4 storey house.

 

He is D.O Kyungsoo, heir of the D.O’s. Never really one to stand out in the crowd be it wits or tongue or physique, but he quietly observes always. However, dressed in posh clothing, one can differentiate him easily from the rest.

 

 It never ceases to amaze him of the stable boy’s grit, one year younger than him at the age of 14, learning to tame the untameable.

 

With this, Kyungsoo takes in what unfolds beyond the glassed window, memorising the details with a certain hunger.

 

 

At the age of 16, Kyungsoo has finally been given the permission to set his on a horse and begin riding. His riding lessons begin at the crack of dawn, at his family’s stable where they own a few horses, all tamed by the Kim family. And of course, the stable boy appears by Mr Kim’s, his father’s side during Kyungoo’s training sessions. Eyes peak out occasionally from behind locks of hair, should Kyungsoo take a fall or simply watch him struggle to get up on the horse.

 

The start was rough, rougher than the times he saw the stable boy take the fall from all the wild horses. Quiet and sheltered, and most of all, prideful, Kyungsoo tried his best to take it like a champ, often whimpering lowly to himself, cursing at the falls he’s taken.

 

Many sessions down, Kyungsoo trains on his own, however, still falling.

 

Thud. He hits the ground, and the horse grunts, as though in frustration too.

 

“What are you grunting about, not like I don’t want to ride properly…”

 

Kyungsoo huffs, thick eyebrows furrow as he struggles to figure out why he could not get it right.

 

“You’re not giving into the movement of the horse,” Kyungsoo whips his head around, in shock. The stable should be empty, it was 1am after all.

 

“You see… you’re always resisting…. Mr D.O.” The stable remained dark and dreary, barely lit with a tungsten lamp. The exterior lamp shone through into the stable, illuminating only a silhouette but, Kyungsoo knew within a heartbeat who this was, the stable boy.

 

The silhouette of the now more matured boy, stood tall to Kyungsoo who remained on the ground. It perhaps intimidated the heart-shaped lips boy as they parted perhaps a little in awe. On the contrary, Kyungsoo’s feelings for the boy that he watched fall and get up so many times, he couldn’t help but feel some sort of odd admiration for the boy he never knew but observed on numerous occasions.

 

The stable boy moves forward, into the yellow light, and his features finally revealed. He was… breath-taking. Brown locks like what Kyungsoo always remembered, but his jaw now sharper, face marred with perhaps a one too many scars, but nonetheless, there was a certain softness about him…… Kyungsoo’s eyes traced where the stable boy was looking at, and ah yes.. of course it was the horse.

 

The horse stood restless, stomping in place, huffing at its rather useless rider. The stable boy approached the horse steadily, held the animal at its neck and soothed it with comforting . Kyungsoo stared.

 

The horse calmed down as Kyungsoo dusted himself off, embarrassed and ready to retreat at all moment.

 

With tail tucked between his tail, Kyungsoo was ready to dash off.

 

“Mr D.O?” Kyungsoo turns back reluctantly, not ready to interrupt the moment shared between the stable boy and his spirit animal.

 

“I’m Jongin. Kim Jongin.” The stable boy stretches out his hand, a shy smile envelops his features.

 

Kyungsoo hesitantly brings his hands up to the boy that he has been watching for a long time now,


“Kyungsoo, just Kyungsoo is fine….”

 

Summoning the remaining amount of courage left within him, Kyungsoo takes a deep breath,

 

“Jongin, will you teach me to ride?”

 

Sounds of laughter ring through the same brown fields with long grass that seem to swallow up anyone who passes through. The field is still dark and mysterious, the grass split apart and make way. Two young men, ride across, confident in their strides and ready to surpass each other in speed. They bend forward, knocking their heels with eager anticipation and shouting the names of their respective horses.

 

They head towards a shimmering lake, lit up by the cracks of dawn. Their horses sped through, before slowing down after crossing a certain rock mark.

 

“I won Jongin!!!!! Again!!! That is 169 wins versus your 168!” Kyungsoo shouts, having his horse banter around Jongin’s in a playful mocking fashion.

 

Jongin seems to look down, abeit a bit depressed from his loss. However, with a quick motion and a sound of a click from him, his horse launches a back kick towards Kyungsoo’s horse that sends his rider, tumbling off and into the lake with a brilliant splash.

 

Kyungsoo’s head pops out of the lake, as he screams Jongin’s name for revenge.

 

“JONGIN, YOURE GOING DOWN!” He runs up and grabs Jongin, flinging him off his horse (which Jongin of course, lets him do it) and drags him towards the lake with false reluctance.

 

By this time, both of them are drenched to the core, wet to the bone. From behind them the sun rises slows, their features, very soon, are soaked with a bronze warm colour from the sun.

 

They splash water at each other as their horses calmly feed off the fresh grass beside the lake. The two young men bounce the playful energy off each other, before they stop for a moment.

 

They were wet, warming up from the sun but they did not seem to be able to tear their eyes off each other.

 

This was their 5th year knowing each other, Jongin now 20, and Kyungsoo was now 21. At the prime of their adulthood, the two wet men, stand before each other. It was evident to note which of the two clearly had the better physique. Jongin, from his horse back riding and strenuous training of breaking horses, had developed an amazing physique. He could climb up horses within seconds and now, grapple a horse and put it in its place, all whilst calming and earning the horse’s trust. His lean figure was certainly one not to be trifled with.

 

Kyungsoo on the other hand, though he ultimately managed to ride, was into the world of noble studies, readings and more studies under the D.O family. He was taught to be well-educated but not pampered or too sheltered. However, this did mean that his time with the horses were often limited to the pockets of time like dawn or dusk to ride with the horses.. to ride with Jongin. Hence his rather small petite (and perhaps even a little chubby) physique was not to blame. Not that Jongin was complaining about a little softness.

 

The two stared into each other’s eyes, lost in their world. They exchange a smile. Kyungsoo, always the bolder one, grabs Jongin in for a deep kiss. Intertwined and wet, they rub hands around each other’s familiar body.

 

They kiss for a long time, just immersed in the other’s company. Kyungsoo drags Jongin behind a large rock, Jongin knowingly lets him. Even they know some shame to hide their business away from the nosey horses.

 

They return looking a bit flustered, but Jongin especially refreshed. Kyungsoo flushed, a seemingly creamy white marking now on his black pants. J

 

Together, in the sunrise, they ride back to Kyungsoo’s house.

 

 

 

Part II please wait for it haha…lemme know if you wanna whats coming up :P or anything u wanna see next... haha horse innuendos ...? HEHHEHEHHE wow im pumped ahhah