Act IV

Wasted || Hyeyulyen

With a heavy heart Yena left the restaurant without looking back, dragged her feet out of the place with quick steps while avoiding people’s gaze; and just stood outside for a couple minutes. She took in a deep sharp breath, clutching onto this tiny little hope that Yuri would chase her outside. The tiny hope that Yuri might change her mind after knowing Yena’s real intention for asking her out that evening. The tiny hope that Yuri might gives the light back before the light fully got blackened out.

 

She waited.

 

And waited.

 

And,

 

 

Nothing.

 

She was standing still outside until there are customers arrived in front of her. Yena shifted her ground, stepping aside. And among of the people who walked past her she got a glimpse of that girl coming inside the place too, Kang Hyewon, her ex-teammate, and her ex’s current lover? Future lover? Yena doesn’t even know how far has the two gone or how long has them fooled her. Her mind was too much of a mess to think of these kinds of thing. It doesn’t matter anymore anyway.

 

Or does it?

 

A sudden force made Yena to turn her face back inside the restaurant, eyes shakily following Hyewon. Hyewon hastily sat beside Yuri, embracing the girl who was seemingly still sobbing hard into her arms. Yuri’s hands automatically hugging Hyewon’s body, as tight as she could, hold on Hyewon’s torso like all her life depends on it; face buried onto Hyewon’s chest. And those scenes caused Yena to look away as she holds herself not to breakaway at that moment.

 

At least not in public, alone, she thought to herself.

 

The sky looked so colorless in her eyes, and Yena decided to went home. She’s standing outside their apartment but couldn’t bring herself to step inside right away. The pain was too much for her to bear. But she had to. She forced herself again, dragging her feet to enter the dark apartment. Messy bed linen waved at Yena’s entrance as she walked into their room and everything is still the way she left it.

 

Yena walked over to the wardrobe and suddenly hung her head low when she was about to draw the handle. Her hair instantly covered her face then she turned her body around, facing the bed not too far in front of her. Her face might be all covered but it couldn’t hide her agony. She walked closer to the side of bed, hand trailing the soft sheet at the side, a side that Yuri usually sleeps on. But the softness has gone, slipping off from her grasp. Hand balled into a fist, clenching real tight before it hit the mattress out of frustration.

 

One night.

 

Yena set the hourglass. She still wishes for Yuri to come back. Thinking if Yuri didn’t come back that night, she will really let go of her. Although she knows she was just being a fool. Although she knows wishing it was just a wasting of time. She’d rather have Yuri giving her a hard time than really losing the girl now. Simply because what else she could do?

 

It’s pushing three o’clock now. Yena refused to sleep. She hugged her knees close to her chest, just at the side of the bed, her back leaning onto it while resting her forehead onto her kneecaps; still waiting if Yuri ever going back to her. There was plenty of time before the night ended.

 

Then she thought she heard someone’s crying in the room. She thought she heard someone called her name in the room. She thought she heard someone hear her battered heartbeats in the room.

 

But it was all herself. Yena has been drowning by her own tears.

 

In the morning Yena’s hand tried to reach out for someone, someone who she couldn’t even see anymore. Her brain was thinking hard, how could she move on when she’s still deeply in love with Yuri? How could she move on when she basically overworked her body for Yuri? She feels the world and galaxy are against her happiness, what did she do wrong? What kind of sin she has done that even the universe threw her in the dirt and black hole?

 

She pushed her head back onto the mattress just behind her, shoving a breath out of her lungs. Her eyes fully closed, dried tears apparent on her face as the morning rays coming into the room from the window.

 

Time’s up.

 

Yuri has never coming home that night.

 

She has made a choice, and it wasn’t Yena.

 

Yena has wasted her time waiting, and greatly disappointed by the result. So she stood up, walking away to their bathroom, looking at her own reflection in the mirror there. Swollen eye bags, lifeless eyes, dried lips, messy hair with uneven curls, even her neck hurts. She admitted she looked like a . She lets out a broken laugh, bringing her palm flat her pathetic face. Then she washed her face, brushed her teeth, pulling her hair into her favorite ponytail. And she forwards to the wardrobe, packing her clothes. Yena couldn’t live in their apartment anymore and decided to leave.

 

 

 

Because Yena absolutely hate living like a pathetic person.

 

 

So what if you just broke up with a person you has loved for seven years straight? One year, two years, seven years, ten years, it’s all just number, yeah? What about it? You still gotta live on gorgeously anyway.

 

 

At the very least, that’s her sole motivation, for now.

 

The road ahead of her is going to be difficult with a huge hole in her chest, but Yena has to take the chance, the chance to live without her past lover’s shadow, letting herself free from sufferings and start anew.

 

 

A/N: Some of you were curious with how Yena dealt past the breakup so I wrote this bonus chapter. This is totally not planned out at all so I wish it’s an okay one to completely wrap things out?

“Wasted” has really ended this way and thanks again for reading this, see you in another time!