Fin

My "funny" story

The mirror reflection showed the room in which you and I once were.

Alone.

We talked a lot with each other.

We joked a lot, loved to tease, play and tell funny stories. One of the stories has changed my whole life.

She was so funny, ridiculous to tears, I still laugh, remembering that day.

More precisely, evening.

My smile did not leave my face when I was here in this room, sitting alone in front of a lit candle, which remained to burn out. The cooled dinner was on the table, the warming wine was sour in the glasses, the music sounded like a rolling record.

Nearby lay a telephone, my eyes were glued to it. But no one called. And I stopped calling a long time ago.

Funny story.

Yes, I laughed heartily when I knocked on the doors the next morning, and, opening them, I saw two men in front of me, dressed in ironed suits. They looked at me sullenly. They did not understand me. They were surprised to see a smile instead of tears. Yes, I laughed at their faces. His stomach ached with laughter, and it became difficult to breathe, and laughter itself turned into hiccups.

“We understand that you are upset, but we need you to ride with us.” Need to…

What a strange word you need. Everyone needs something, everyone wants something or demands from you. And when you need something specifically for yourself, they respond to your request with a funny story. I followed them, my lips couldn’t form a thin line, no matter how I tried. They smiled.

At that moment, I didn’t care how passersby looked at me. People all looked at me like crazy. How can I laugh when this happened? Very simple, because they don’t know, they don’t know anything about you, my love. You always loved to make fun of me. I'm used to your jokes. Me, but not them.

- Come on, here we are.

***

Hello dear, you and I have not seen each other for so long. You are still beautiful, your voice still attracts me, and your eyes that glow with love for me. Hello dear, here I am. You know, I was waiting for you in the evening, in the end, I thought that you were deceiving me. That you got someone. Sorry. Stupid I, that I believed in my thoughts.

- We found this pendant in place.

Pendant? Oh yes, how could I forget about him? The figure with the clown, below, is written: Funny Taengoo, I love you. And on the back - 03/09/20 ...

“The name Taengoo is here, is that you?”

- My nickname ...

***

I love you” - the first funny words you said to me when we had lunch together, in our favorite cafe, opposite the student dormitory.

Be my girlfriend” - the second joke took me by surprise. We were preparing for the exam, in the last year, discussed our future plans. She offered me to live together, I was ready to agree when her smile went out, and she became serious.

Marry me” is the third joke and the first problem, when instead of a quick “yes”, I answered “think it over”. This word was a ban for her, and I knew about it, and still said it. Why the ban? Weird question. I think you guessed why.

We did not talk then for two and a half weeks. She disappeared, did not call, it was not possible to reach her either, I did not know where to look for her. No one knew until after two weeks of searching one of the friends reported that she had left for the campaign where she worked. And now, stupid, I remembered that she had been talking to me about this all week. I really thought I quit.

When she returned from the trip, I met with the question:

"Why do you love me?"

“Of course, out of laughter. I like your voice, I love listening to your laughter. And you understand my jokes. ”

“Is that all? Just because?"

“Hm, let me think. Ah yes I like that you are so tiny. Yes, exactly, your height. "

“Do you like me small?” Really?"

"Well yes. I am higher than you, and therefore I can envelop you with my love and warmth. I'll be your blanket. "

“Okay, is there anything else?”

"No, there is nothing else."

"Clear. What are we going to do today? Maybe we'll watch some movie? ”

“Just not romance. I beg you, I had enough talk about her for today. And not a horror movie. Although, you know what, let's have a horror. "

“Hahaha. You just want hugs, right? ”

“That's why I love you, you understand me perfectly”....

I like the last joke, I like to remember it and laugh. We lived together as a couple, for two years, I would never have thought what happiness it was to be loved by a person like her.

“You know, I would like a girl with the same laugh as yours.”

“Maybe a boy?”

"No. Just a girl. I don’t want to share you with a guy, even if it will be our son. ”

***

Yesterday was the day I would say a doctor’s verdict. I was getting ready to say good news.

***

Today, I say goodbye to the body, but not to the soul and not the memory of you. I look at the tombstone, but I see your smile in front of me, I hear your laughter, I feel your warmth. Your smell, I feel it wrap me, and I plunge into its aroma.

Today I will return home alone, and no one will wait for me. My laughter broke off, it disappeared, and I don’t know when I can smile again.

Today I will have dinner alone, watch our favorite movie, and fall asleep with your pillow at your side. She still kept your warmth, so I feel like you're around. You are with me, my angel.

“Sweet dreams, Taeyeon. Tomorrow will be another funny day. Sleep, you need to gain strength in order to continue it. "

***

Tomorrow, tomorrow so quickly came. Over the past year, I have developed my own work schedule. My day began as usual. Breakfast, reading the newspaper, getting dressed, taking flowers from a vase (those that she liked so much), saying goodbye to the cat until evening, leaving the house. Get in the car, call in our cafe, buy her favorite black expresso, take a bun, successfully pack it, that there’s nothing to spill, drop by her.

“Here I am, my angel.” Sorry, I was a little late today. There was a queue for your favorite buns. Today is my important day. Today comes the president of the campaign where I work. We've been waiting for her for six months, imagine, for so long only you knew how to wait. Yes, and don’t look like that, you know what I mean. You were waiting for me, stupid. Again your jokes. When did I say “her”? Oh yes. Our president is a girl. Don’t be jealous, I'm still yours. That person did not appear, because of which I would laugh as I did with you. As soon as someone appears, I will tell you. And introduce, I promise. Sorry, but I won’t be able to linger today. I’ll call you after work and tell you how the day went. That's it, I went. Yes, yes, I love you too, princess.

***

As soon as I saw the president who went inside the conference room, I laughed. Laughed out loud, leaning her head back. For the first time I heard that freedom is again in my laughter, and I could breathe without pain. They looked at me like crazy, but I could not stop. My eyes looked at her, and I laughed. She looked in my direction, and all her posture expressed wariness, and her profile was detached. Her cold image, her dumb look, her half smile, everything absolutely reminded me of my wife. Once calmed down, I began to listen carefully to her, as one word she uttered, again made me laugh.

- Hello, it's nice to finally meet you. Sorry to take you so long. So, from today, if you need help, please contact me directly. My name is Jessica Jung and I am the new president of the company.

***

Fate decided to show me that she knows how to laugh. That she loves to have fun too. Or does she give me another chance for happiness and love? This time, my time is to wait and push the girl of my life. I will not let go of a girl with such a beautiful name Jessica.

And it will be easy for me, because with the exact double I lived half my life together.

Jessica left me, and Jessica came back to me. And again the funny girl came to life.

Our joint funny story is just beginning ...