Final.

Going Home

 

 

 

"Let's go home?"

 

"Sorry Wendy, I can't today."

 

"Oh. Why?" Wendy quirked her brow after hearing that.

 

"Just, I'm still in the office. If your classes are done, you can go first."

 

"uhh... okay then."

 

Wendy was weirded about that call, but nevertheless obeyed irene's request.

 

 

They always go together going back home because their houses are not far from each other. Aside from that, Wendy wouldn't want the other to go home alone. Not with this very dangerous happenings these days. She always want to make sure Irene goes home safe and sound. Yes, Wendy has feelings for the latter for almost a year since they've become friends. Usually they eat together, travel together and also the very important, going home together. You can't say that they're inseparable but they're just a good amount of being friends. She badly wanted to confess. But imagining the scenario where Irene wouldn't talk to her anymore after confessing pains her heart. She doesn't want that to happen. If keeping her feelings just for the sake of their blooming friendship, she swears she would hide it forever.

 

But we all know nothing lasts forever.

 

 


It was another week, yes a week, without a call nor text or chat from Irene. She wanted to think that Irene was just very busy, knowing it was the midterms week. But still, she couldn't stop the worried feeling in her heart. To find some answer, she went to where Irene usually was.

 

 


And there she saw what made her heart crack. Irene with a man, they were laughing and it seems that they're both having fun. Wendy would admit she got jealous after seeing that. But who is she to be jealous to, right? She was just a friend. Wendy retreated and just simply went back home, alone again.

 

 


Then a month passed by, still not going home together. It seems like Irene doesn't want to be together with her anymore. And she wants to know why.

 

So she stalked the girl in her social media. And there she saw again what made her heart pained more. The girl she likes was having a sweet conversation with that man in the comment section. Wendy swears she made it feel her heart crack a bit.

 

'Does he like that guy? Why wouldn't she tell me though. I thought I was her friend.'

 

She stalked and stalked, until she concluded that Irene really likes that guy. And to add salt to the aching heart, one of Irene's friend confirmed it. How her heart cracked again a bit. She kinda expected it because, why not? Her friend was  a straight girl. She thought always, who would want to fall for herself? An ugly, dull, fat, awkward and boring person like her?

 

 

 

Another month passed, and it was decided that it will be her last month in the university. So she chatted Irene to share it to her.

 

"I'll miss the school." Wendy suddenly spoke.

 

"I'll miss you too." the other line said.

 

Wendy was shocked, but only after a seconds then replying.

 

"I'll miss you too, Irene. I'll miss everyone in this school!"

 

"Then why do you want to transfer then? I wouldn't have someone to go home anymore."

 

"It's okay. You can ask your man to bring you home."

 

"Hey what are you talking about??! HAHAHAHA" Irene suddenly replied.

 

"You really don't think I will know that you have someone dating with or whatever?"

 

"Oh. You catched me there. Hehehe."

 

Their call lasted for some minutes then ended, with Irene hanging up saying something came up. Or rather, someone.

 

 

 


Then that day arrived that Wendy really wanted to get rid of her feelings towards Irene, ASAP.

 


Irene, are you busy?
Sent 2:25pm

 

Not really Wendy. Why?
Received 2:26pm

 

Nothing important I guess. But do you still want to know who's that I girl I liked?
Sent 2:27pm

 

Ohhh yes please. You haven't told me yet.
Received 2:27pm

 

Are you alone? Can I come over? Is it okay if its outside? This will be really fast, I promise.
Sent 2:29pm

 

Yeah sure go ahead. And yes I'm alone. I'll be waiting here.
Received 2:29pm

 

 


Wendy immediately went to Irene's house and saw the girl waiting at her at the doorsteps.

 

"Irene" she called.

 

"Hey Wendy! Come here."

 

Wendy walked slowly until she reached Irene and stood infront of her.

 

"You really wanna know who that girl I liked?"

 

Irene was a little suspicious but still answered. "Yes ofcourse. So, who is she?"

 

Wendy felt her hearts gonna burst from nervousness. Confessing is not an easy task, even if you kinda expect some situation after dropping the bomb.

 

"It was you."

 

"Huh?? Me??"

 

"Yes. It was always you. From the very first time that I saw you at the students lounge, I fell for you. Hard."

 

"Wow." was only Irenes response.

 

 

The two was quite for awhile until Irene broke the silence.

 

"Wow, I'm flattered really. Since when did it start then?"

 

Wendy sighed. This is it. This is really the end.

 

"When we first met at the lounge. I just thought you we're really cute."

 

"Awwww Wendy. Our baby Wendy. Thank you for liking me." Irene then hugged Wendy, and continued, "I'm really honored Wendy, but I'm sorry too."

 

"No no no, I don't want an answer. I just want to tell you what I feel. It was really suffocating me and besides I'm changing school. Might as well tell you my hidden feelings. Sorry, I know you think that I'm creepy for hiding these all the time-"

 

"No, I'm not gonna think of that. You we're a friend that I really cherished. Thank you...

 

 

 

But I also have someone already. I mean he's still courting but I might answer him one of these days. I'm sorry Wendy."

 

 

Definitely, Wendy expected this kind of scenario already. She made herself be ready for this to come. But why does it still pained her heart? She felt that her whole heart now crashed and broke into tiny bit of pieces.

 

"Yeah, I know. I stalked you. Sorry for liking you though." she gets off from Irene's embrace and faced her.

 

"It's really okay Wendy."

 

"So, yeah... I gotta go. Thank you for listening  to that."

 

"That's all?"

 

"Yeah. I really just wanted to tell you about that. I gotta go."

 

"Wait." Wendy was about to go when suddenly Irene held her wrist. "I hope we can still be friends after this Wendy."


Wendy wants it too. But maybe not right now. Not when she feels her heart breaking and tears are threatening to gonna break out soon. But nevertheless, she tells Irene, "Of course! That's what I also wanted right now."

 

"Also please let's not be awkward with each other. Can we?" after Irene telling it to Wendy, suddenly her phone lit up, signaling that someone was calling.

 

Wendy saw it and tried her very best smile to show it to Irene, "Pick it up, I'm sure it's important. I also need to go, no one is there at the house. See you when I see you, then?"

 

"Sure. Call me whenever you want. Don't hesitate to text or chat me, okay?"

 

"Sure, I will."

 

 

 

The two bid their farewells to each other.

 

One with a contented heart and one with a broken heart.