1/3

Happy Halloween

Felix walked through the doorway and was hit in the face by a giant spider. 

He let out a scream and turned to run, then stopped as he heard laughter. Looking again, he realized the spider was nothing but a plastic toy. 

"Seriously, guys?" He called out. "Rude." 

"It was funny though," Seungmin said as he appeared, grinning, from his hiding spot behind the couch. "You scream like a girl." 

"I do not." Felix examined the 'spider.'  "This sort of looks like Jisung." 

"Hey!" 

Jisung strolled in through the door with a giant box of candy in his arms. "I don't look like that at all." 

"Who's rude now?" Seungmin asked of Felix. 

Felix let go of the spider and changed the subject. "So, what are your costumes going to be? There's a costume party, you know." 

"Squirrel!" Jisung said happily. 

"Shrek," Seungmin announced. 

"I'm going as Ron from Harry Potter." Felix snatched one of Jisung's candies and popped it into his mouth. 

Chan stepped into the doorway. "Are we discussing Halloween costumes? I'm going as a tired grandmother." 

"Ha, ha," said Jisung. 

"No, really. I have my costume already." Chan looked up, completely serious. 

Minho came bounding in. "Ooh, costumes? I'm gonna be Ethan from Percy Jackson." 

Seungmin frowned. "Just because he's Asian? That doesn't seem like a-" 

"No, because he dies in the second book he's in," Minho interrupted cheerfully. 

"Mood," said Jisung sympathetically. 

Jeongin, it turned out, was going as Diego from Go Diego Go. Nobody really knew why. Hyunjin was going as Zorro. 

Woojin was going as a chicken, which surprised absolutely no one. 

 

Felix lay slumped on his bed with his phone in his hand and Changbin sprawled across his legs. He was going over plans for the costume party in his head. He wondered if Chan was really going as a tired grandmother. 

"Hey," he said suddenly, realizing something. "What's your costume?" 

Changbin looked up. "My what?" 

"Costume." Felix sat up and hugged his pillow. "For the Halloween party." 

"Oh, that. I'm not going." 

"Wait, why?" Felix chugged water from his water bottle. 

"I just didn't want to. And I couldn't find a good costume." 

"A Teletubbie!" 

"Absolutely not." 

"Dora the Explorer?" 

"Um, no."  

Felix thought hard. "A ghost? You'd make a cute ghost." 

"Then, no," Changbin replied. 

"Stop pretending to be cool." Felix slumped down on the bed again and nearly hit his head. "What about a ninja?" 

"That's kinda cool, but generic," Changbin said.

"It's not cute though. Hey, how about a Greek god?" 

"Which one?" 

"Aphrodite?" 

"No." 

Felix sat up again. "If you really love darkness so much, go as Thanatos. He's literally the god of death." 

"He's also ," Changbin pointed out. 

"Oh..... true. Okay, scratch that. Hades?" 

"That's...." Changbin stopped. "That's a good idea, actually." 

"I have those sometimes." Felix jumped up from the bed and really did hit his head this time. "Dammit!" 

He rubbed his head and sighed. The things you suffered for holiday fun....