SEOHEE’S CAREER SUMMARY!

 \ WHO IS DATING CHA SEOHEE?  (soon!)
 차서희’s
 CAREER
    SUMMARY
2007–2019 →
 
 
PROFILE
 
차서희
entertainer
 
 
 
본명  cha suhyun (차수현)
출생  1996.09.18
신체  166cm 46kg
소속그룹  I.O.I, Revel (레벨)
소속사  Urban Works
CAREER
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DISCOGRAPHY
 
 
 
LEAN ON ME
OST / 2019.05
PINK OCEAN
EP / 2018.07
LET’S PLAY
EP / 2018.04
 
 
 
 
 
YOU ARE
OST / 2017.09
그해 여름
SINGLE / 2017.07
소나기
SINGLE / 2017.01
 
 
 
 
 
MISS ME?
EP / 2016.10
사랑해 기억해
OST / 2016.08
WHATTA MAN
SINGLE / 2016.08
 
 
 
 
CHRYSALIS
EP / 2016.09

 

 

FILMOGRAPHY

 
AT EIGHTEEN
2019, 유수빈
100 DAYS MY PRINCE
2018, 연홍심 / 윤이서
RADIO ROMANCE
2018, 송그림
 

SOMEHOW 18
2017, 한나비
HIT THE TOP
2017, 도혜리
INTROVERTED BOSS
2017, 은이수
 

 

 

ILJIMAE
2008, 어린 변은채
 
EVASIVE INQUIRY AGENCY
2007, 어린 유은재
 
 
TRAJECTORY
At 11 years old, Seohee made her TV debut through the drama Evasive Inquiry Agency, playing the younger counterpart of Lee Eunsung’s character. She was credited under the name Cha Suhyun back then.
 
She starred in her second drama the following year, also landing a few uncredited commercials. In 2010, she took on theatre and landed a minor role in the musical adaption of the 1999 film The Harmonium in My Memory. Seohee took a break from the spotlight and focused on her studies shortly after.
 
She made her stage return with the 2014 run of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. In the same year, she signed with Urban Works as an acting trainee.
 
Upon signing with the company, she officially adopted the screen name Cha Seohee.
Seohee trained under Urban Works for a year and a half as an actress before getting thrown into the pilot season of Produce 101.
 
She garnered ample of attention even before the show aired due to her recognizable background and pretty looks. She ranked 5th for the first episode.
 
Her ranks were consistent in the first half but started fluctuating after falling off the top 11 in the second elimination. The security of her spot was redeemed after being center for At The Same Place.
 
In the live final broadcast, Seohee made it into the debut team after finishing sixth, soon debuting as a member of I.O.I.
 
(She is taking the place of Chaeyeon.)
Seohee was often pushed as a frontliner in I.O.I alongside their designated center. Despite the hate generated by this alleged bias, this boosted Seohee to become one of the more familiar names in the group.
 
She actively participated with the group for the entirety of their career, joining the half of the team that promoted as a subunit for Whatta Man.
 
In January 2017, I.O.I released their last single and officially disbanded.
Seohee was one of the few who thrived even post-IOI. Even though she concluded Produce 101 with the intent to pursue a musical career, Urban Works reverted to their original plan and started casting her for acting jobs.
 
Soon enough, she’s become a recurring face in multiple dramas. This went on for a year, even starring the lead in a webdrama. While she did assume a few idol activities — osts, a digital single to keep fans afloat, variety show appearances — her presence was more prominent in the acting chapter of the industry. In time, she landed her first TV lead role in the drama Radio Romance.
 
After a while, Urban Works finally fulfilled the fans’ wishes and announced Seohee’s idol debut.
No one expected, nor was pleased, when Urban Works announced a new girl group slated to debut in the first half of 2019, and that Seohee — the Cha Seohee — was set to be the first member. The group faced backlash after backlash, demand after demand to have Seohee pulled out of the group. The public insisted that Seohee has fanbase solid enough to have her debut solo and that they’d rather compromise the delay of her idol career than settle with this decision.
 
Despite the relentlessness and Urban Works’ previous commendation for their attentiveness towards Seohee, the outcries fell unto deaf ears this time.
 
On April 28 2018, Revel debuted with the song “Q&A” from their debut mini “Let’s Play”.
The group’s akgae situation only worsened within time. Their succeeding comeback in July faced a heavier letdown than their debut, majority due to Seohee’s fans boycotting any activities tied to Revel. While the girl group as a whole has gained a sustainable fanbase, the protests were still unyielding and Seohee was slowly being reduced as the center of an unfamiliar group.
 
In fear of Seohee’s name falling off the general public’s radar, Urban Works was left with no choice but to start pushing Seohee as an individual again. She bagged solo advertisements next to another, casted in variety shows and a fixed hosting job in Music Bank and even landed her second lead role through the drama 100 Days My Prince, which officially established her name in the acting industry.
 
By the end of 2018, Cha Seohee has become a household name.