Freedom

The Devil's Toy

Jungkook wakes up to the sound of a familiar voice shouting in his ear. He opens his eyes to see his one and only bestfriend, Ho- Sung. "WAKE UP JUNGKOOK~!! I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING~" Jungkook shuts his eyes again, noticing that it was only him. 

"He is seriously an airhead. How could he have not seen my eyes open," Jungkook thought to himself as he turned his body away from his friend. 

"Hmph.." Hosung leans back against a dresser and pouts until he notices slight movements from his friend giggling from underneath the blanket. "YOU'RE AWAKE !?"

"Fine~" Jungkook turns his body back and with all the energy he has, he sits himself up. "What was so important and it better be important. I mean it."

Flashback 

"Jungkook!!! Jungkook!!" Hosung runs into his bestfriends room, tumbling over everything. "Its important!!!"

"What happened!?" Jungkooks stomach drops as he waits for what his friend is about to tell him.

"I found a coupon on the side of the street for a free milk," he takes out a crumpled piece of paper from his back pocket and flattens it out on the bed. "See. But I dont know if I'm going to share it with you... I guess I'll share it with you only this one time." Hosungs head slightly jolts forward from a light slap the other gives him on the back of his head.

"You stupid ! You made it sound like you won a lottery or something and its not even banana milk. Its regular ing milk!" Jungkook goes back to playing video games on his PC.

"Fine, I guess I wont be sharing my milk with you. Hmph," the other says as he raises his head up high, "But dont be crying to me once you want some."

Present day

"Yeah yeah yeah. I swear it's important." Hosung was so excited, he was practically jumping as if he was a little kid going to Disneyland.

"Ok fine~ tell me what is so important."

Hosung sprung up from the bed and flung his arms open, "We're going camping today!"

Jungkook sat frozen for a second. Ever since the incident that happened a month ago, Jungkook never left his room except when he had to go to the store or to go to the restroom. He threw his blanket over himself again. "I'm not going."

"Oh yes you are," the next thing Jungkook knew was that he was in the car waiting to go camping with his best friend. The sun made his head ache and his neighbors that were walking around and glaring at him, made his stomach turn. He exactly knew that nothing was going to be the same after that day. 

Hosung got in the car and the engine. He too saw that everyone was staring at his best friend and immediately blasted some music to lighten the mood. "Let's go!"

Buildings soon vanished, being replaced by nothing but pine trees. It gave Jungkook a calm feeling since he knew he was no where around people. It was just him, his best friend, and the freakishly large trees. 

After a few hours, the boys unpacked the car and started setting everything up. Hosung got them a camping spot away from everyone since the point of the trip was for his friend to enjoy himself. Also he knew that they would be perfectly fine camping alone since he had Jungkook, the expert at everything. 

After the best friends set up the tent, they got back into the car and drove to a lake. Hosung immediately jumped into the lake as for the other,  he stood still and admired the view. The sky was kissed by a pink hue, making the clear water and dark emerald green trees stand out. The view put Jungkook in a trance for a second before he heard the same annoying voice shout his name. He knew exactly what his friend was nagging about and took a deep breathe before taking off everything but his boxers. As Jungkook slowly stripped down, Hosung immediately regretted coming to the lake in the first place. The closer he got to the water, the more Hosungs heart felt like it was going to explode. His body burned up as his cheeks flushed red, he honestly felt like drowning himself before Jungkook could get any closer. 

He finaly met his friend and immediately splashed him in the face, awaiting for a battle. Yet, as soon as Hosung splashed back, he ran out of the water. It felt like too much for him and he knew that if he stayed there any longer, staring at Jungkook dripping wet, it would probably make him do something he would regret. 

"HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?"

He sat down in his car, panting and a little exhausted, to later be met by the other. "What the was that? I got in the water, LIKE YOU WANTED and you run straight out," Hosung could feel his glare burning the side of his face and knew that he couldn't make eye contact with him, at least not at that second. 

They drove back to the campsite and after making a bonfire, Hosung dissapeared and came back with a pack of beers, "Look, I'm sorry about earlier....," he held out one bottle in front of Jungkook, "And I know that this isnt the best apology, but do you want one?"

His friend chuckled and grabbed the bottle out of his hand, "Of course and I forgive you." That was the first time after the incident,  that Hosung got to see his hest friend smile a real genuine smile and it made him feel warm inside.

The boys sat by the bonfire and drank every single beer until not one drop of alchohol remained. Then they stared out at the sky in a daze as the fire slowly burned out.

"So why did you want to go camping in the first pl--" Jungkook got cut off as Hosung pressed his lips against his. It happened so sudden that out of instinct, he quickly moved back, breaking the kiss. 

"I- I'm sorry," Hosung got up and ran to the tent embarrased and hurt.

"W-wait!" Jungkook gave up and fell back down onto the grass and looked at the stars, trying to process everything. He couldn't stop thinking about his lips, he couldnt stop thinking about him in general. "UGHHH! THIS IS SO ANNOYING!!" 

After a couple of minutes, the wind picked up and he had no choice but to enter the warm tent.

Jungkook first stuck his head inside and noticed that Hosung was fast asleep already. As soon as he collapsed onto his sleeping bag, he fell fast asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkooks knees stung as if he had newly open wounds. Then he started to feel something drip down his leg. He opened his eyes and noticed he was surrounded by trees and people were dragging him by his arms. They were wearing pitch black cloaks and had pale white masks on. "Let me go! Let me go!" Jungkook tried breaking out of their grasp as the light he was being dragged to got brighter and the scent of burning wood got stronger. "Who the are you guys!? LET ME ING GO!" 

The cloaked people finally came to a stop in front of millions of more people dressed exactly the same way. They were chanting something in a different language and circling one person that was wearing a different colored cloak. "What the is this..." Jungkook said trembling. All the determination he had for escaping immediately faded and was replaced by utter fear. He knew for a fact that he was outnumbered and no matter what he did, he would never escape. 

"Jungkook!?"

Jungkook quickly turns his head after hearing that familiar voice and saw someone he feared seeing. "Am I dreaming?" He asked innocently, not understanding that he was not sleeping anymore. "I have to since--"

"This is not a ing dream. I dont know what or who the hell these people are, but I'm going to get you out of this."

The color of his friends face went pale and he slowly turned his head to take in everything. 

"Th-this c-cant be we-we were just sl-sleeping. No. No. This is not real. I cant die. I wont die. You cant die either. I won't let them do anything to you."

Before Jungkook could say anything else to calm Hosung down the man in the middle of the circle pointed straight at the worried boy and the chanting stopped for a second. All of their pale white masks were revealed as they turned to look at Hosung. They started dragging him closer to the man and the chanting got louder. 

"JUNGKOOK! HELP! HELP!" 

Jungkook tried breaking lose except every time he would escape from one, another one would grasp him. "NOT HIM! PLEASE ANYTHING BUT HIM! I'LL TAKE HIS SPOT! I PROMISE ILL DO ANYTHING JUST NOT HIM!!"

Everything got silent again and they stopped dragging Hosung. Then the man pointed straight at Jungkook and for some reason knowing that his friend would probably be alright made him less scared. As he was being dragged up he saw his friend struggling to get free and screaming with tears. "I'll be fine," Jungkook said with a calm voice, reassuring his best friend. "Dont worry about me. Just escape from this hell, please...for me." 

Hosung stared at his friends painful smile and felt as if he failed everything and everyone. He opened his mouth but not a single word came out. 

Jungkook turned back around and the last thing he saw was the man's eyes before everything went black.