1/1

Always You

 

“Seokjin hyung, can you help me pack up the rest of my belongings at the old apartment?” Jin stops whatever he was doing and stares at Jungkook. He hasn’t been back at the apartment he and Yoongi used to share for 6 months now and it’ll be the first time since they broke up. “Yeah, sure. When will you be dropping by at your old place?” Jin asks while reading the script he’s holding.

 

“Today if you’re free, tomorrow if not.” 

 

Jungkook could drive to the apartment, pack up the rest of his belongings and leave but he chose to walk today. “Today’s a good day to walk, isn’t it?” Jin says while looking around the neighborhood. The people around them leaving work or heading somewhere else. The sun shines bright for the first time in 3 days. Jungkook just smiles. 


 

 

Time stood still inside the old apartment. Taehyung said Yoongi’s been staying with him for the past 3 months and didn’t bring a lot of stuff with him when he left. Jungkook grabs his bag and heads to the bedroom. He wonders where Yoongi slept right after that day but he’s pretty sure Yoongi slept inside his studio and buried himself with work.

 

“I can’t believe you both did not clean the place before leaving this place for the ghosts to live in.” Jin says as he picks up the clothes left on the bedroom floor. “Yeah, well, we’re here so might as well clean the place before we leave.”


 

It was late in the evening when they finally finished cleaning the entire place. Jungkook looks around the place one last time and leaves a letter for Yoongi to read when he finally returns here. “Ready to go?” Jin asks as he places 

 

 

“Where are we going and why am I blindfolded?” Yoongi asks as he lets Taehyung drag him. “You’ll see. We’re almost there!” Taehyung says and smiles. Yoongi has not left his studio for 2 days and Taehyung decided to drag him out of his studio and back to his old place. 

 

“We’re here!” Taehyung then removes the blindfold and after adjusting to the bright surrounding, Yoongi realizes where they are. “Why are we here?” Taehyung takes out the spare key Jungkook gave him the other day, “He came back here and took the rest of his stuff home and he probably left something for you.” Taehyung says as he opens the door.

 

“How would you know that? He gave you the key the- did you drop by this place right after you got the key?” Yoongi asked but knowing Taehyung, he wouldn’t do that. “No! Of course not but he probably did. I’m just guessing.” Taehyung replies, “Oh? Looks like they cleaned the place too. Your stuff is folded and ready to be packed hyung.” Taehyung says as he grabs the big bag. 

 

And Taehyung’s guess was right. Jungkook did leave a letter with his name on the envelope. “Aren’t you gonna read that?” Yoongi snaps out of his thoughts and looks at Taehyung who’s busy packing his stuff. “I’m pretty sure I know the content of this letter already.” Yoongi says putting the letter down and helps Taehyung pack the rest of his belongings.

 

Yoongi walks toward the small living room and sat down. “Hyung, nothing bad will happen to you. Just read it.” Taehyung says and sat beside him. He’s glad Taehyung is here. Yoongi sighs and opens the letter.

 

Yeah, he sure is right. 

 

Yoongi hyung,

 

Seokjin hyung and I cleaned the apartment before we left. I know we still have to talk and I know so don’t worry. I’ll keep loving you from the distance and I hope you find someone who’ll make you happy. 

 

Oh and try going home early so Hoseok or Seokjin hyung won’t have to drag you out of the studio and drop you off your house. 

 

Jungkook

 

Taehyung felt happy the moment he saw Yoongi smiled. It was the first time he genuinely smiled and to see his dear friend happy makes him happy as well. “Looks like the letter didn’t made you cry hyung.” Taehyung says and smiles. 

 

“Yeah, it didn’t.”