That’s what she SSID

Two Girls, One WiFi
 
 
Irene often wondered in what situation would she meet her soulmate and hear him or her say the word. It wasn't even a full sentence. It was just, , in capital letters, indicating that her soulmate would be yelling the word.
 
What would her soulmate’s tattoo be? What would Irene’s reaction be?
 
Excuse me?
 
What?
 
Damn.
 
It would be something generic, definitely. Irene could not imagine herself saying anything unique or original in response to... Well, .
 
If it were up to her, she probably would say something like , just as a revenge towards her soulmate. After all, who would like to have etched on their skins for the whole life? Even if it were accidental, Irene was still quite a petty person.
 
“Dude, why do we have to meet here?”
 
Deep in her thoughts, Irene almost forgot she wasn’t alone.
 
Right, she was here at this cafe with Joy, one of her best friends. They hadn’t met for a while now, since Joy recently started dating. Full disclosure, she was jealous that her younger friend found her soulmate earlier than she did. It just didn’t seem fair. Irene should have priority, given her age.
 
Plus, Joy seemed really happy. Irene would like to experience that.
 
“I like it here.”
 
“There’s no WiFi here.”
 
“Why do you need WiFi?”
 
“Because, Ms. Bae, I don’t have the good mobile data plan that you have.”
 
“No, you’re just stingy and unwilling to upgrade.”
 
“Nope, just too lazy to do it.”
 
Irene sighed. There was no winning an argument with her.
 
“If I let you use my data, will you stop complaining and let me read in peace?”
 
Joy nodded enthusiastically and just snatched Irnee’s phone from her hands.
 
“My password is—”
 
“I know your password. I also know that you don’t know how to setup the WiFi.”
 
She should be angry, but Joy was also right.
 
Joy was always right.
 
“Alright, there we go!”
 
There was something strange about Joy’s expression, but Irene couldn’t tell why. She didn’t bother with pressing the younger girl; she would know what Joy did sooner or later.
 

 
It was like a bomb went off when it happened—
 
“!”
 
It shook Irene to the core.
 
Well, it was more because of Joy’s insane laughter.
 
But it actually happened. Irene heard a foreign voice yelling out the phrase written on her skin. Could it be her soulmate, or was it a coincidence?
 
“Alright, I suppose I have to applaud the girl for her bravery.”
 
“What girl?”
 
“Did you not hear? The girl who just yelled for the password.”
 
“Password for what?”
 
“The WiFi."
 
"I thought you said there is no WiFi here?"
 
“I named your mobile hotspot, ‘Yell For Password.’”
 
“My what?”
 
Joy looked defeated.
 
“Never mind, let’s just head over and let me handle everything.“
 
And so Irene followed Joy.
 

 
”Hey.”
 
“Hi...” The girl who yelled that word replied shyly.
 
“Did you say ?” Irene questioned in a tone more confronting and threatening than she would have liked. To be fair, she was just dying to know the answer and accidentally sounded that way.
 
“Yes, I’m so sorry about that... Wait, what did you ask me?”
 
“She asked, ’did you say ,’ which, let me answer, yes.” Joy interjected.
 
The girl stared at Irene, whom did the same in return.
 
“OK, this is getting weird.”
 
Joy laughed awkwardly, trying to decipher what was happening before her. She could feel the tension in the air. She didn’t think Irene was going to be so mad because of a joke.
 
“You said .”
 
“I said , and you asked if I said .”
 
“Is there a point in repeating the same statements over and over again?”
 
“Joy, I adore you, but I need you to quiet and let me confirm something.”
 
“What—”
 
She was silenced by the action of Irene rolling up her sleeves and revealing her soulmate tattoo.
 
 
Did you say ?
 
You know the feeling when you really want to laugh, but the situation was too serious for you to be laughing? That was Joy now.
 
After receiving a glare from Irene, she raised her hands in defeat.
 
“Fine! I’ll leave!”
 
As she walked away, the pair could hear the girl murmur to herself, “what a bunch of ,” while cackling.
 
“My name is Irene.”
 
“Wendy.”
 
“So, uh, wanna go somewhere?”
 
“I would love to.”
 

 
Joy was waiting for them outside of the cafe.
 
“Do you think you got these soulmate marks because there is a lack of in your relationship?”