final

I'm Ready

 

"Sojung, just meet her. She's nice and she wears her heart on her sleeve. I really think she's the one you need. She lives for love."

"You know I don't believe in such thing." Sojung frowns at the description and gives Yerin 'The Look'.

"She's loyal and will always be by your side."

"I might as well get a dog then." Sojung rolled her eyes at the description Yerin gave her.

Yerin's too used to Sojung's blunt personality and just shakes her head at the attitude. "You’re hopeless."

Sojung doesn't reply and instead drinks her now cold coffee. Honestly, Sojung is already fond of the mysterious girl but that's what's stopping her to meet this girl at all costs.

"Will it really hurt to meet this girl?" Yerin shifts closer to Sojung trying to attempt the puppy eyes look to win Sojung over.

"I suppose it won't." Sojung sighs knowing the other girl will just simply not give up.

But it will when I fall for her. 

She whispers to herself out of Yerin's earshot as Yerin squeels and calls her friend (must be Eunha) to give her the pleasant news.

But that can't possibly happen. Reason is the only logical solution. Therefore, reason beats feelings. 

---

"Ow!" Eunha rubs her forehead as Sinb chuckles to herself.

"Do you really have to hit my forehead every single time I tie my fringe up?" Eunha gives Sinb a glare as Sinb nods with a big grin on her face.

"I can't wait to send you off to the so called 'Sophrodite'" Eunha mutters. Sinb was about to hit her friend's forehead again but she stops and feels her heart beat faster at the thought of the mysterious girl. She's seen a photo and agreed that she lived up to her nickname and more.

"Gee.. You've fallen so hard for her and she's a stranger!" Eunha takes revenge and slaps Sinb out of her daze.

"Remember that she's a handful, Sinb... She's cold, reserved and Yerin unnie said she doesn't believe in love. From what it sounded like, it seems like she doesn't even have a heart... She might not even agree to meet you..."

"I don't care."

"Sinb, she doesn't believe in what you live for."

"..." Sinb didn't know how to reply to such a statement. It was true but she could change her, couldn't she? Feelings beats reason, doesn't it? Our emotions are what makes us...

"Hello? Unnie! ...She did?! That's great! We'll go over now then!" Eunha ends the short phone call and gives a small smile to Sinb who was sitting patiently with hope filled eyes.

"Well what do you know? She said yes."

 

Of course the first meeting was awkward. One was looking for love, one was simply trying to avoid love at all costs.

Sinb enters the cafe with a bright aura accompanied with a happy charming smile.

Sojung enters the cafe. Just bringing herself and nothing else.

Sinb felt it was love at first sight. And felt her heart rose.

Sojung knew it was love at first sight. And her heart dropped.

Sinb's feelings in life: To jump straight into love.

Sojung's rule in life: Don't feel anything.

They both thought they knew what they were in for.

Sinb felt that she could change Sojung as easy as 1 2 3.

Sojung thought there was no way Sinb could change her.

How wrong both of them were.

 

Present

Sinb's been trying since day one and has only been making little progress and her life was hell but she never gave up.

Today is the day when Sinb will finally make things official - to make Sojung hers.

They walk. Closer than usual and Sojung fidgets from the intimate distance.

"We'd be good together, don't you think?" They both stop walking and Sojung is shocked at Sinb's sudden question.

Sinb tries to give out a hopeful smile and held on to Sojung's hands feeling the hands in hers.

Sojung knows Sinb is the one for her but she just can't get over the obstacle of fear thinking one day Sinb will leave her like how everyone else in her life gave up on her.

"No." They both stop walking and Sinb's heart dropped.

"Why?"

"Because I'll break your heart." Sojung pulls her hand out of Sinbs.

"Maybe I'll break yours." Sinb clenches her own fist frustrated at Sojung acting this way.

"Nobody breaks my heart."

Sinb sighs and realizes that frustration wasn't going to solve this mess.

Sinb reaches for Sojung's hands once again but Sojung refused but this time, she took a step back.

"Sojung..."

"No. Don't use that tone on me."

Sojung's back faces Sinb and all Sinb could do was stare at Sojung's cold back.

Her heart breaks at the sight.

No, she needs me. Sinb hastily picks up her own pieces of her heart for Sojung. Her heart was for Sojung.

"You're right." Sojung stays in her position but gasps a little when she hears Sinb's response.

"Nobody breaks your heart and no one ever will because I'll protect you." Sinb wraps her arms around Sojung's waist.

"Give me a chance, Sojung. You know we're meant to be."

Sojung shifts uncomfortably. She's seen this coming. She planned out her response. She was prepared for this. Yet, she has no idea what to say.

"I-" Never once in her life has she stumbled over her own words.

Sinb spins Sojung around and places her hand on Sojung's cheek.

"I'm giving you my heart. All I'm asking for is for you to not break it."

"...Wouldn't you want my heart?" Sojung replied trying to find logic in the situation.

"No. I'll get it when you're ready. That's not how love works." Sinb lets out a hearty laugh and Sojung finally feels something.

She feels herself falling. Falling for Sinb.

Sojung watches Sinb laugh still having her hand on Sojung's cheek. It was as if everything was in slow motion and Sojung thought everything about it was just beautiful. Sojung couldn't find any logic in why things slowed down for her so she smiled. For the first time in her life, she couldn't find the logic. She placed her hand on Sinb's cheek which stopped her laughing.

"Sojung..?" Sinb was shocked and felt her heart beat faster as she looked into Sojung's eyes.

"I'm ready." Sojung followed her heart for the first time and leaned in to kiss Sinb.

 

 

 

fin