final

shaking, my heart is beating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingi pulled the sleeves of his sweater over his chilled hands, the bite of winter creeping up on him, unrelenting. He found himself ill-prepared for today's weather and had foolishly believed that it would warm up later in the day. It was only early winter and typically, the day warmed up as time passed, no need for a heavy coat, especially with how stubborn Mingi was. He wanted to believe it was still fall, but he was evidently incorrect. He was freezing.  

It was a bit later in the day and he had failed to factor the time change towards his choice of clothing. He had honestly forgotten about his biology lab until Seonghwa had mentioned the time and his disinterest of attending. Labs were lengthy and frustrating sometimes, especially when the material was more advanced than what they had started with in the semester. The desire to deal with easier work was disregarded in favor of progressing in the subject. Senioritis was a hell of a condition, even when they were only juniors. 

The three hours they had spent in the lab were slow and agonizing, and when their time had finally finished, Seonghwa had rushed out, leaving Mingi to suffer in the cold alone. His older friend had been in a rush to return to his boyfriend and Mingi could understand that. San had made dinner for them to share and Yunho had felt inclined to do the same even without prior knowledge that San was doing the same. Yunho had invited Mingi to his dorm for dinner and considering he hadn't seen his boyfriend all day or even the day before, he was a little excited. The anguish of the cold was just outweighing his enthusiasm to meet his boyfriend of a year. Indignance was a popular emotion that he was feeling today, even though it was all his fault and not the weather's. His chagrin towards the situation was enough to have his cheeks warming up, and he couldn't complain about that. It made him feel 1% better. 

By the time he had arrived at the dorm, his fingertips were numb and his nose was running. He had pulled his sweater as tight to his body as possible and it had reached the point where nothing could fix it until he arrived somewhere with nice heating. He was trying his hardest to fight off possible hypothermia in his limbs. Yunho wouldn't take kindly to him lacking in care for himself and would for sure drop everything to take care of Mingi properly. Yunho had a lot on his plate with seventeen credits, he couldn't afford for time spent taking care of Mingi who had made his own choices that day. 

Mingi hadn't needed to call Yunho to open the door for him because he had arrived at the same time as some other student who had held the door open for him. He took the offer graciously. The rush of warm air from the building felt heavenly as he slowly adjusted the flight of stairs he had to climb to reach Yunho's room. He could smell dinner being made, which didn't necessarily mean he was smelling Yunho's own choice of food for the night. It was dinner time for many people and there was a mix of smells he was detecting. It made his stomach growl and he was reminded of how he had forgotten to eat lunch that day. 

Reaching the door of Yunho and Yeosang's room, Yunho's roommate, he was immediately greeted with the sight of his boyfriend stirring something in a pot and humming along to the song that was playing from his phone on the counter. Mingi would have delivered a soft greeting once seeing his boyfriend, but he was distracted by the fact that Yunho was cooking with sweater paws. Which is hazardous and dangerous and so his greeting turned in alarmed yelling as he stated just how idiotic that was, "Yunho!" he had shouted, startling said man, "Fix your sleeves right now!" he headed closer to his boyfriend and tugged on the sleeves himself, successfully placing them where it would be safest for Yunho while cooking. He was ready to tear his head off, "What if your sleeves caught fire? How would you be able to stop that from getting worse?! I wouldn't drive your to the hospital if that were to happen!" he was too sleepy to sit at the wheel, he was sure. He wouldn't do it in the first place for safety reasons. 

"Hello to you too, sweet boyfriend of mine," Yunho greeted with a sheepish smile as he fixed his sleeves up to his elbows, "I was watching my sleeves, I swear, I was being careful," he laughed, it had been a bit chilly in his room no thanks to the outside cold and so pulling his sweater sleeves over his hands had been the best course of action. He turned down the heat before letting go of the pot handle and wooden spoon entirely. He switched directions and turned to face Mingi, warm and inviting smile on his thin yet kissable lips. But kissing would come later, they had to perform their customary head spin first. 

Yunho leaned forward and Mingi chuckled as he mirrored his exact actions. Their foreheads connected, sedentary for a few seconds and reveling in each other's presence before they both turned their entire bodies, foreheads connecting to their temples, then their crowns, and then back to their foreheads. Both sing-songed in a high pitch of noise, not always necessary but a fun addition to the gesture of affection. It was something they had made up when they were starting out as friends, wanting their own sort of handshake that was innovative and different. Thus invented was their head spin and even as boyfriends, it was still used to greet each other. Only now, when they concluded, they paused for a few seconds in companionable silence before finally reaching forward and laying kisses on the other's lips. It was always sweet, a lingering peck that transferred their energies through each other, no need for anything more. They could both tell a lot by how the other kissed in the moment, and now Yunho could feel how sleepy and fatigued Mingi was. 

Their lips pulled away and Mingi hummed, wrapping his arms around Yunho without opening his eyes and letting his head instinctively find his boyfriend's shoulder. The smell of his cologne was strong, cinnamon and mandarin orange, spicy and citrusy. Many a time he fell asleep to that smell, buried deep in his senses and comforting him into the soft holds of sleep, nose pressed to Yunho's soft skin. Mingi himself was wearing a peachy smell, sweet and inviting. Their scents mixed together, not one belonging to the other and rather merging into something that was solely them. Yunho blanketed his entire being and he swore he could fall asleep right there. 

The two swayed from side to side, holding onto each other for a bit before Yunho pulled away to check on the food. He didn't need their dinner burning. Mingi whined anyway and rubbed his eyes with closed fists, Yunho humming back in reassurance and sympathy. Mingi was too cute for his own good and the way Yunho's heart fluttered was telling of how insanely in love he was with this kid. He was adorable, looking like a little kid who had stayed awake way past their nap time. 

"Oh," Mingi started when his eyes were open again, taking in his surroundings and especially his boyfriend, "We're matching today!" he stated, just now realizing that the sweater Yunho was wearing was the same style as his. His fingers played with the delicate fabric, nail dragging across the patterns and knitted quality. 

"We are, aren't we?" Yunho asked, endeared chuckle leaving his lips, straight toothed and red-lipped smile as he looked up to face his boyfriend. They were wearing the matching sweaters they had bought together when they had taken a trip to the mall as a date. They were a mixed style, half cable-knit and half ribbed, and both had found the style so intriguing that they bought a matching pair for both of them to wear. They were soft and large and both tended to cuddle while wearing them due to how soft they were, "It's cold so I thought I would break it out," he eyed Mingi up and down and realized that he had walked in with only his sweater on and no coat. His brows furrowed, "Is that all you wore to classes today?" 

Mingi looked down and was reminded of how cold he was, fingers warm again but his toes were still feeling the brunt of it in his pair of skater shoes. It was his turn to be sheepish and bashful, "Yeah... I wasn't thinking about it," he admitted, posture slouching as though trying to hide away from Yunho. He had made a fool of himself and he was a hypocrite towards his own boyfriend. 

Yunho scoffed, "And you thought it was okay to scold me for being stupid?" he was only lightheartedly making the comment, no real bite to his words. He was already well aware of how stubborn Mingi was, and he was sure he already knew the reason why his boyfriend had been so ill-prepared. Winter was not his favorite, he'd made that known many times before. His insistence to name it the fall season was almost scary. 

Mingi would have responded with a snarky comme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter