Chapter 01

THE PREGNANCY SERIES - KIBUM

You laughed at another one of your father-in-law's jokes. Not because it was funny, but because it would be rude and impolite if you didn't. You watched as your husband, Kim Kibum faked a laugh of his own.

It was an open secret between you, Kibum and his mother (Whom you called Umoni), that his father (Whom you called Abonim) had a very bad sense of humor. But you still laughed, to get that proud look on his face.

You and Kibum were at dinner with his parents. It had been a good 10 months since you both met them and you were currently living for all the genuinely loud smiles and laughs of your husband. You knew how much he missed his parents.

Becoming an adult did not take that away from you. You just hoped your baby would treat you with the same adoration, love and respect that Kibum had for his parents.

Your hand unconsciously rubbed your belly, where your baby was resting. You smiled. It had only been five days since you were made aware that you were expecting your first baby with Kibum. You had not told him yet.

Kibum.

You glanced at him and saw him gazing at you. You smiled at him, turning pink at his intent gaze and he winked, before talking again. That small interaction did not go unnoticed by your mother-in-law, who cleared , smiling at you pointedly. You giggled and hugged her. 

She was the best.

Conversation flowed smoothly and soon, main course was disappearing. You were talking to your Abonim, when you felt a hand on your shoulder. You turned to see Umoni, who was holding a glass of wine.

"Nae Umoni?" You asked, confused

"Here... Take this, my dear. I noticed you didn't even take a sip of wine since we started having dinner." She said, offering you a wine glass.

Alarm bells went off inside your head. You shouldn't drink alcohol because of your pregnancy and your mother-in-law was offering you wine.

You only had two options. 

You either tell them that you are pregnant and couldn't drink alcohol anymore or you reject her kind offer. You knew how dangerous the second option was. No matter how cool Kibum's parents were, they were strict when it came to formal traditions. Not accepting the wine would mean disrespecting your mother-in-law.

"Nae?" You asked again, your throat becoming dry.

"Yah!! Where are you? Eomma is offering you wine. Take it. Palli!!!" Kibum said, smiling.

You looked between the mother and son and smiled nervously.

"Umoni... Thank you for such a lovely offer. But I am afraid I have to say no." You said, smiling politely.

"What!? Why!!?" Kibum asked, looking half shocked and half angry.

You thought quickly.

"Aahh yeobo! As if you dont know why!" You said, smiling.

"No. I really dont." He said.

You sighed and turned to his mother. She looked surprised, but you were relieved to see that she was not looking upset like your husband.

"Umoni... It is actually my time of the month and I cannot drink any alcohol." You lied, hoping it was smooth.

"Oh! Its quite alright dear. I know alcohol is bad for you for that one week. Its alright." She said, setting the glass down.

Before you could even feel any relief, you felt Kibum's burning eyes on you. You looked up at him and gasped at the hurt written on his face. He knew that you were not on your periods and that you just lied straight to his mother's face. You gulped and looked at him with pleading eyes, begging him to understand.

To no use.

His eyes were cold and unforgiving. A minute later, your phone beeped with a text. 

We need to have a little chat when we get back home - Kibum

You set your phone aside silently. He was mad at you and it was clear to you with the way he signed the text. He always signed his texts to you as

Bummie❤

"Is everything alright dear? You don't have any cramps, do you?" Your Umoni asked softly, almost whispering the words.

You looked at her concerned face and wanted to hug her and cry, explaining everything. 

You forced a smile.

"I am ok Umoni. Gumao... For asking." You said, giving a small bow.

Dinner was over soon after that.

"I will go and start the car." Abonim said, making the three of you smile fondly.

"Appa... We can go together after paying for the meal." Kibum said.

"Aniya... Aadir. I need to find my car first." His father replied.

"But..." Kibum started, but was interrupted by his mother very quickly.

"Let him go, son." She said and Kibum nodded, rolling his eyes.

"I will be waiting." Abonim said and walked out of the restaurant.

"Eomma! Why do you encourage his behavior?" Kibum whined in complaint, making her smile.

"Why do you laugh at his jokes even though they are not funny?" She asked in return.

"Well... Because... I..." Kibum stuttered, making you smile.

"Ahh! That is  the same reason I let him do what he wants." She said, her eyes twinkling.

"Sorry I asked." Kibum said, giggling.

Loud alarm sounds startled the three of you. Kibum groaned, leaning his head against the table. You and Umoni laughed.

"I told him a million times by now to not use the key first and that he can unlock the car by just pressing a button which is right there. But I guess some things never change." He said, sighing.

"Go son. Help him out." She said.

"Nae. I am going. Pay for the bill." He said, pushing his wallet to you and leaving the restaurant.

"So... When are you going to tell my son that you are pregnant?" Umoni asked, making you choke on your water.

#################################

The car ride was silent and tense. Kibum was driving, his hands clenching the steering tightly. 

You gulped.

"Kibum..." You called, your tone hesitant.

"Don't." His tone was firm.

You silently looked out the window, tears tugging at your eyes. You never meant for this to happen.

Kibum opened the door to your apartment and you walked in. The door locked behind you. You didn't turn around. You couldn't even dare to. Kibum walked past you into the bedroom. You bit your lip, holding back tears. 

You could take his whining and his loud complaints. You could take his glares and his shouting. You could take his nagging and screaming happily. 

But silence was the one thing you couldn't bear from him.

You saw your pups CommeDes and Garcon sleeping on their small bed at the corner of the living room.

You walked into the bedroom and saw him sitting on the bed, massaging his temples.

"Kibum... Please..." You begged.

"May I know why you lied to my mother? You are not on your periods. Then why did you lie to her saying that you were?" He asked.

"How can you be so sure about that?" You asked, feeling dumb almost instantly.

"Because I vaguely remember making love to you on this very mattress that I am sitting on right now before we went to dinner this evening. You were feeling needy and all I had to do was pull off your . So dont give me all that crap." He said bluntly.

"Yes." You said.

"Why did you lie to my mother!?" He asked, his voice making you wince.

"I am not on my periods." You said.

"I KNOW THAT! I AM ASKING YOU WHY YOU LIED TO THE WOMAN WHO GAVE BIRTH TO ME!!!!" He said loudly, getting off the bed.

"I am not going to get my periods for the next nine to ten months Mr. Kim." You said, looking into his feline eyes.

You watched as his eyes widened in realization. He took a few steps and stopped in front of you.

"Y/N..." He whispered.

"I refused the glass of wine because it wouldn't be healthy or good for the Kim Kibum Junior who is inside me right now." You said.

"What... Why?" He said, looking lost.

"Excuse me!?" You said, glaring.

"No! NO!!! I meant... how even...?" He said, looking shook.

You giggled.

"How? I will gladly tell you how it happened. The making love you just described before? Yeah... That happened about four weeks back in our bathroom and we did that without any protection. That's how it happened." You said.

"You are pregnant?" He said, his jaw dropping.

"Yes I am pregnant... Appa." You said, smiling fondly.

"Appa! Appa... Appa?" He muttered, before his shock finally turned into joy.

"I... I am going to be an Appa!?" He asked, holding your arms.

"Yes!" You confirmed.

"I love you so much woman!!!" He exclaimed, crushing his lips to yours. You kissed him back, wrapping your arms around his neck. 

He was happy.

Tears slipped down your cheek. He pulled away, his eyes wet with tears.

"I am so sorry baby... I am so sorry. I was so harsh." He said, wiping your tears away with his thumb.

"No... I am just... So happy! I didn't even know that I wanted this so much till I actually got it. Thank you for giving this to me Bummie..." You said.

"Are you crazy woman? I should be the one saying that! Oh my God! By my Gucci! I am so happy! I love you so much. Thank you for giving me the honor of being the father of your baby Y/N." He said, kissing you.

You kissed him back, smiling.

His fingers pressed against your hips and you understood. You wrapped your legs around his waist, as he carried you to the bed. You stood on the bed and looked down at your husband. He was smiling wide. You returned his smile, before turning around. You felt his fingers graze against your back before he ped the dress you were wearing. You stepped out of it and turned towards him.

His fingers traced across your belly, as tears slipped down his cheeks. You let him have that moment. He leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to where your baby was resting and pulled back, a fond smile on his face.

"My baby... Appa loves you so much. Appa loves you the most. Appa loves you more than Eomma." He said.

"YAHHH!" You complained, making him giggle and hug your waist, resting his face on your stomach.

You ran your fingers through his hair, smiling. He pulled back and made you sit on the bed. He sat next to you, his feet playing with yours.

You smiled, leaning your head against his shoulder. His arm wrapped around you. You pulled back and threw your arms round he neck, hugging him tightly. His arms wrapped around your waist, a chuckle brushing against your neck.  

"I love you so much Bummie!" You whispered.

"And I love you both." He said, his hand caressing your hair.