firefly

Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the waves slowly hit the hull of the boat, the two stare into the bright yellow star, slowly descending upon the horizon. The warm breeze envelops their whole bodies as they intake the magnificent sight they are witnessing. 

 

They stare into each other’s eyes, mesmerized and speechless. Nayeon cups Momo’s cheek. As they come closer to each other’s faces, Nayeon pinches Momo’s face intensely.

“Oww! Nayeon, that hurt!”

“I’m sorry, you’re just too cute.” Momo shyly blushes.

“You know, this turned out to be enjoyable than what I imagined.”

“Of course you enjoyed it! After all, you’re with the Im Nayeon.” Momo shoots Nayeon a disgusted look.

“Like you could resist me. Do you remember that I invited you here in the first place?”

“Alright, alright, Miss Im Nayeon. Thank you for inviting me. I’m enjoying this so much, especially since I’m with you.” Nayeon then blushes.
“O-of course you will. I mean, we come here every year, and it just feels more magical every time. And with you, I feel like I won’t ever get bored of this.”

“This?”

“This feeling. This moment of being with you while we just goof around.”

“Me too. I wish that certain moments could last forever.”

 

Nayeon points at the distance as the sun was nearing its dip. The two are in awe, staring at the reflection of the glowing ball. They wonder at the pinkish-blue sky, as it gets darker and darker. They stare at the water for who knows how long until the sky eventually turned black. 

 

As the stars in the sky slowly appear one by one, the area that encompasses them slowly lit up in the form of fireflies. They stare at the water, compa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter