The Girl

Broken Tears

A/N:

[March 12, 2015]

He was nervous looking at himself in the mirror, fixing his coat.

 

Siwon:

“Aha! We’ve been looking for you, why are you still here?”

 

Donghae:

“Dude, I don’t know if I can do this~”

 

Siwon:

“tch! You’re starting again. Quit that . You know what Hae, if you let pass this opportunity you’ll get nothing, or else you will end up regret it”

 

Donghae:

“What if she turn me down?”

 

Siwon:

“You wouldn’t know unless you try”

 

He sighed, trying to wash out the negative thoughts

 

Siwon:

“Kaja! You can do this”

 

Siwon dragged him out of the room

 

---

 

It was the night that he’d been waiting for.

 

As soon as he saw her coming towards him, he can’t stop to get more anxious.

 

She’s so beautiful

 

Donghae:

“Hi”

 

He greets her with wide smile, hiding the nervousness.

 

Girl:

“How are you?”

 

The girl is pretty and humble. Her smile is infectious. Perfect for him.

 

Donghae:

“I’m fine~ uhmm, thank you for coming tonight”

 

He was shy.

 

Girl:

“I missed you”

 

That words made him look surprised. And the girl chuckles.

 

Girl:

“You’re still the same Donghae that I know, yah! What’s up now?”

Donghae:

“And you still love to bully me”

 

Girl:

“Am I bullying you?”

 

Donghae:

“I-I guess so~”

 

Girl:

“Oh! You guess it wrong, of course I do missed you. You’ve been my closest friend for a decade now, anyway don’t you missed me?”

 

Donghae:

“I-I do, actually I have something important to say to you”

 

Girl:

“Hmm? I will guess it! You’re going to propose to me to be your girlfriend right?”

 

Donghae:

“Yes”

 

The pretty girl thinks he was just joking

 

Girl:

“Are you~”

 

Donghae:

“I’m serious, and I’ve been waiting for this moment to happen since you left Seoul. I love you Yoona, you’re the girl I wanted to be with for a longtime. It’s funny that I’ve been keeping this feeling for a decade now and I waited for you to comeback just to say this and give this to you. Yoona can you be my girlfriend?”

 

She looked at the box, and she was sure that it was a ring.

 

Yoona:

“I don’t know what to say, but what can I do? I did not expect this. But~ I honestly appreciate your sincerity. Uhmm~ but Hae, please don’t get mad at me~”

 

Donghae:

“Don’t worry I’m not pressuring you, I will give you time to~”

 

Yoona:

“No, that’s not it. I-Im so sorry, but I can’t take it. I already have a boyfriend”

 

Donghae:

“Aw! I’m sorry. I-I don’t know~”

 

Yoona:

“I said yes to him last week before I go back here in Korea. Hae, please don’t be mad~”

 

Donghae:

“No, I’m actually happy for you, really I do! Congratulations~ uhmm, he’s so lucky to have a girl like you. Well, I guess I’m late”

 

Yoona:

“Hae~”

She saw him teary eyed.

 

Donghae:

“Anyway, I have a little favor for the last time. Can you atleast accept this ring for me? Please?”

 

Yoona:

“But~”

 

Donghae:

“Please? Just take this as sign of our friendship”

 

She doesn’t want to get the ring, it will get worst if she take it.

 

Yoona:

“I’m sorry, but I-I can’t~”

 

Donghae:

“O-okay. I’m so sorry, I’m stupid. What am I thinking? Tch! Of course you have a boyfriend. Anyway, it was nice to see you again. I-I’ll go ahead now. Take care B-bye”

 

He tried not to break down in front of her, so he quickly run out of the place not even know where to go.

 

He run, and run, and run until he felt exhausted.

----

[Han River]

 

“AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!”

 

She heard a loud shout coming to the guy beside her

Tch!

 

She look at him annoyed, and turned her gaze into the can of beer that she was holding.

 

Maybe he needs you

 

She throw the can of beer to him

 

The guy startled

 

“Drink that, it’s good for your heart”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“It can lessen the pain”

 

The guy shrugged and took her offer, immediately drunk it

 

He gulped

 

“Taste good right?”

 

She didn’t get a respond from him instead he just sat on the ground and continue drinking his beer

 

“I’m Dara”

 

The girl offered her hand

 

Again, he ignored her

 

Dara:

“You know what it’s just a girl, you don’t need to act like it’s the end of the world”

 

She said without looking at him

 

And that moment triggered him to speak

 

“She’s not just the ‘girl’ and she’s different from the other girls”

 

Dara:

“Tch! When you’re in love the only one you’ve notice is the bright side of them, you can’t tell them the truth that you’re hurting because of them, even you did everything just to show how much you love them and they will give you NOTHING but an excuse”

 

His eyebrows furrowed turning his attention to the girl sitting right beside him

 

Dara:

“Sad right? But you’ll be okay after these day or tomorrow or maybe next week. It’s up to you, if you chose to be in the dark then stay in the dark until you get buried”

 

“Are you in a break up or something?”

 

She smirked hearing those words from him

 

Dara:

“I can’t tell you that, it’s too private”

 

“But~”

 

Dara:

“Okay fine. I’ll tell you. I’m pregnant and the father left me when he knew about my situation”

 

He was looking at her shaken thinking how hard her situation is

 

Dara:

“Oh~ c’mon, don’t judge me. I’m innocent~ Anyway, got to go”

 

He doesn’t know what to say but to keep silent until...

 

Dara:

“And oh! I’m not pregnant. Just want to know your reaction. And I guess, you don't know everything about the girls”

 

She winked

Then when she was on her way out...

 

“It’s Donghae”

 

Instead of turning her back to face him, she just wave her left hand signaling she get it.

 

Yeah I’m Donghae

 

[End]