...

The Best Surprise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When can I look?" Kibum twitched his fingers over his eyes, pretending he was about to take his hands down at any moment. He laughed as he felt Jinki's hands wrap around his wrists. "I wasn't going to peek."

 

"Yes, you were." Jinki drummed his fingers on the backs of his hands. 

 

He leaned forward and kissed his forehead. "You can't help yourself. You always have to peek. You talked the jeweler into giving you a glimpse at your engagement ring, you talked Taemin into letting you see what restaurant I reserved for the night I planned to propose, you even managed to er my mom into telling you exactly what I was going to wear so that you could be sure to match. You always have to know what's going to happen in advance, Kibum. You are a sworn planner, scheduler and lister."

 

Kibum kept his fingers over his eyes, but wrinkled up his nose and stuck out his tongue so Jinki could get most of the effect of his fake annoyance. "I have to plan things in advance. I hate surprises. They never turn out as nice as other people think they're going to be. I want to know so I can brace myself for whatever it is."

 

"I promise." Jinki's voice softened as he his upper arms. He felt him kiss each of his hands, then carefully tilt his head to kiss his mouth without dislodging his fingers from his eyes. "I promise, you will like this surprise. And if you don't, I will never ever ever try to surprise you again. I will run any plans past you the second I think of them, so that you can prepare yourself well in advance and you can make all the lists you feel necessary."

 

"Don't mock my lists." Kibum wrinkled his nose further, this time in true annoyance. He knew that his constant need to make lists and schedules was frustrating to a lot of people, but Jinki had always seemed supportive. He'd never about them before.

 

Jinki kissed him again, gently pulling his hands away from his eyes. Kibum kept them shut, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter