Who needs destiny?

With the Stars Aligned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi guys. So this idea is really inspired by the amazing seulrene account on twitter SeulreneBond. The astrology compatibility inspired this for seulrene as they are super compatible Aries and Aquarius. There will be joyri too as a side pair. I am excited about this idea so let’s see how it goes! I’m thinking to have elemental powers to go with the zodiac signs so fire and air for Seulrene. Earth and water for Joyri. This should be interesting hopefully, everyone.

 

 As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171,royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, captainsnsd, User_name1200, Androsssss, TwFishy, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Mmm2392, Seosunny, cwright01, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, hailqueens, InformedPuppy, love45, Noorii26, iamforeverlame, Dibidibidibi, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, RedAce, dga214, pinkpinkypin, and taengayer. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^



 

For as long as anyone could remember the laws of the land were very simple. There were twelve zodiacs each falling under a different element of water, fire, earth, and air. The water signs Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces. Fire signs of Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. Virgo, Taurus, and Capricorn of the earth. While air is ruled by Aquarius, Gemini, and Libra. Within each of these zodiacs were powerful houses most recognized of any other. Everyone knew it was the stars that dictated to whom your future would lie with. There was no escaping your destiny as fate would have it, or so young Bae Joohyun of house Aries has been told from the time she was a small child. House Bae is without a doubt one such house that many recognize for being of the strongest of the fire signs. Bae Joohyun knew from an early age she would eventually be expected to lead. Bae Joohyun was taught how important the stars were for her future. Bae Joohyun of house Aries, one of the strongest and most well known of any house is also fighting those stars with all of her being. Why can’t she forge her own path? Why must she follow these so called stars that will lead her to her destiny? Who needs destiny when there are facts. Why did Joohyun need to believe in destiny when she wanted to do things her way.

 

“I’m not marrying her.”  The raven-haired young woman says to her parents. Lord Bae and Lady Bae look at their daughter with concerned eyes. Joohyun knows what is her destiny and path and still she rebels. This is not what they expect from their heir. Someone whom is expected to lead House Bae into the future.

 

“Hyun?” Her mother sighed and rubbed her temples. “We’ve been through this before. You can’t escape what is already in the stars.”

 

Joohyun sighs. If she has to hear once more about the stars she will be violently ill. The dark-haired girl sits at the dinner table. She has missed dinner with her parents because she was in the gardens reading and lost track of time. She isn’t worried because there is usually food left for her in the event she missed a meal, or if push comes to shove Joohyun can cook for herself. She’s been making her meals since 15 anyway. She might be a Lady and treated like a princess all of her life but she isn’t helpless.

 

“I said I will not marry her. I could care less about fate. This marriage isn’t going to happen.” 

 

“Joohyun,” her dad stands up from his chair. He doesn’t often raise his voice but tonight seems to be the exception. Joohyun looks back at him with the same fiery gaze she had when first entering the dining hall. 

 

“You cannot back out of this marriage. You are of House Bae and you will marry Seulgi from House Kang. It is…”

 

“It is destiny….” the dark-haired girl rolls her eyes. She has no appetite any longer and excuses herself. She leaves quickly without waiting to hear what her parents have to say. The heiress is normally calm and collected, so when the servants see how angry Joohyun looks they move out of her way. It’s either that or accidentally be hit with flame. Not that Joohyun ever hurt anyone on purpose. When Joohyun gets to her room she lets out an angry breath and flames shoot out of her hands. It comes with the territory. If you belong to a fire sign it’s in your element to be connected to fire and flames. Joohyun knows it is also in her nature to be hot headed. The young woman takes a few deep breaths and settles in bed. 

 

Her room is like her sanctuary. It’s one of her favorite places to be as she lays down on the deep purple blankets and sheets. It’s usually dark in her room save for a few candles from time to time. Or when Joohyun illuminates the room herself with the flames. There’s a desk too made from cherrywood that she likes to sit and write letters. It also gives her a great view of the outside lands around her family home. Sometimes she’ll even step out onto the balcony for some air at night. Tonight she just wants to curl up into bed and forget about stars, destiny, and especially this marriage between herself and Seulgi of House Kang.

 

Kang Seulgi is a person she has met appropriately a handful of times when attending meetings with their families and other important leaders we’l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter