Chapter One: Frost Magic Is Not Cool

Ice Cold Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[SinRin]



A/N: This is a fantasy AU. It's my second time writing one, the first one is way back 2016. Yeah, here's SinRin. I need to see if I can make this into a full story.















The wind gust is irritating me while I try to study for the upcoming exam on my History of Magic. I don't understand why we need to study it for 2 years when we can use those times in learning how to do offensive magic, but the Headmaster is kind of stupid. Well, he's a human and what I expect from a low species but what makes me think he's different from other humans is that he looks at us like we are his own child. He built this place for all supernatural beings out there, vampires, and werewolves. The kind of things that you can only read on books; we actually exist.


This place is a safe haven, away from the atrocity of humans.

But we still have to blend in, so after the school, he also made a village. Sometimes, human go here when the school have events with other normal school and the Headmaster always tell us we should never ever do unnatural things when humans are here because it will only cause havoc. It's true though. Even if we are way more powerful from them, we learned from a young age the "balance of nature".


We should never make anything that'll destroy the balance or worst might happens.

The wind is getting stronger; it is almost knocking my window open so I put an ice barrier on it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh jeez, it's cold."

 

 

 

Yeah, "Frost magic is cool." they said.

But no! This is not cool at all. I feel so cold 24/7 for the rest of my life since I learned this magic, I wear three layers of jacket to suffice my but still my body is on the verge of having hypothermia. I am constantly freezing to the point that things that I touch sometimes turn into an ice and it's really frustrating. You think just because my magic is about ice, my body will adapt to the temperature? No, that's not remotely close on adapting the cold.

I look outside my room and saw the coffee shop in front of our dorm. How I love to taste a hot coffee just for once but the moment I put the cup on my lips, the hot coffee turned into a cold coffee.

The wind is still going rampage, I clicked my tongue and do an incantation. Suddenly, the wind stop blowing and white fluffy snow started to fall to the ground. I smiled as I saw children going outside to play with snow.

That's one of the advantage of my magic, I can control the weather and make it winter, or I can make the sky rain the ground with pointy icicles. It depends on my mood.

 

 

 

I guess my magic isn't bad at all.

 

 

 

"Well, it's better than the annoying wind. Now, I can go back on my studying."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

Reading this huge book became my greatest burden. Every word is like a needles piercing inside my brain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh gosh, it is so cold here!"

 

"You know the word "knock", Yuju?"

 

 

 

Even though I never check who it is but by the voice of her, she's definitely Yuju, the new werewolf. I heard it from Yewon, my best friend. She's the alpha of their pack but ever since Yuju got recruited by the Headmaster, Yewon's position as alpha was challenged even her family have taken a liking to Yuju.

Yewon is always talking about Yuju to me but not in a good way. My best friend hates Yuju and I know where she's coming from but what I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter