One.

babygirl's love

A handkerchief was handed at a girl who was crying and was alone, sitting on a bench facing the river. She hasn’t noticed the handkerchief given to her as she was covering her face until the other person spoke.

 

 

 

“A beautiful girl like you shouldn’t be here alone” She said as it was dark and not many people can be seen.

 

 

 

The girl looked up and stared at the person who just spoke to her, and for a while they were just staring at each other until the other girl nudged her handkerchief again to her, and she took it this time, “Thank you” she said.

 

 

 

“I’m kind of curious as to why you are crying but I don’t want to be pushy since we don’t know each other” she said and silence was heard. It wasn’t awkward, It was fine and it made the other girl better actually, having come company.

 

 

 

“We broke up” she spoke and the other girl looked at her. Not like she knows who were the other party but she was listening.

 

 

 

She hummed, letting the other girl know she was listening. “Our relationship was nowhere near of getting fixed as we were away from each other for a while and we really had no chance of seeing each other. I’m in Seoul National University and she was in Yonsei University”

 

 

“We parted ways nicely, but I just can’t let it go. I loved her, I really did but seems like fate doesn’t want us to be together” she said and her tears were again forming. She continued to tell her story to the stranger she met.

 

 

 

A tear fell and she just closed her eyes, as she felt a warm touch. The other girl wiped the tear that fell, “I think you should go home for now and sleep it away”

 

 

 

She smiled lazily, and said, “That probably what I need” and then she stood up and the other girl followed right after.

 

 

 

“Where do you live?” asked the other girl.

 

 

“Why?” she asked.

 

 

“I’ll walk with you home” she replied.

 

 

The other girl shook her head and smiled at her, “I think I’ve caused you enough trouble already”

 

 

The other girl shrugged and replied, “Not really” and she just stared at the girl who had no intentions of leaving.

 

 

“You have no intentions of leaving, do you?” she said as a matter of fact and the other girl smiled at her and nodded slightly, which made her chuckle and said, “Fine, if you insist then you can just walk beside me and listen to whatever I would say” and the other girl just stared at her. “Why are you staring like that? Do I have something on my face?” and then she used the handkerchief she had and wiped her face.

 

 

She stopped wiping her face when she heard a chuckle, “There was nothing on your face but the smile on it earlier was better than the frown you had”

 

 

And then it’s her turn to stare, and then a smile broke out of her face, “There there, that smile right there” the other girl pointed out.

 

 

“Silly, come on let’s walk” she offered and then they started walking side by side.

 

 

The other girl listened to whatever the girl had said and she would just react when she hears something interesting, and they didn’t notice the time, also that they already arrived at the place.

 

 

“It’s here, this is where I live” she then pointed at the building which was familiar to the other girl also.

 

 

“I was wondering why the path we took was familiar, turns out we live in the same building after all” she said. “But what’s weird was, why haven’t I seen you even once?” asked.

 

 

The other girl hummed, “Probably because I only go out of my room when I go to school” she replied.

 

 

They then started to walk again, nearing the building. “Which floor” asked the other girl.

 

 

“Fourth” she replied and the other girl pressed the button for four and nine.

 

 

“You’ll go first, I guess” the other girl said and she nodded as a response. She then closed her eyes waiting for the elevator to stop at 4rth floor and the other girl just gave her the silence she probably wants.

 

 

And as she heard the sound of the door opening, she opened her eyes and walked out, then she looked back at the other girl who was just staring at her and said, “Thank you for tonight” and she started to walk again, but she halted, “Not to be nosy, but may I know you name?”

 

 

“Chaewon, Kim Chaewon” the other girl immediately replied and, “You? What’s your name? beautiful miss?” she asked and a smile passed on the other girl’s face.

 

 

Right before the door had closed, she heard her say her name.

 

 

Chaewon murmured, “Jang Wonyoung” she then hummed and smiled right after.

 

 

“Unnie~” she said with a smile on her face which was immediately noticed by her sister.

 

 

“What’s with the smile? Did something good happen?” her sister asked.

 

 

She subtly nodded, “Unnie, I already know her name. I got her name” she continuously said.

 

 

Her sister then was confused. “Who?” she asked.

 

 

She then dropped herself beside her sister, “The girl I was telling you about” she said in a muffled voice as she was facing the couch.

 

 

“Chaewon, can you just be normal and tell me properly” and she did sir properly.

 

 

“I finally found out what her name is, the girl I was telling you about” she said, properly this time.

 

 

She got her sister’s attention, “Really now?” and she smiled back at her sister who was smiling widely at her. “So?”

 

 

“What do you mean “So?” unnie?” she asked as she didn’t get as to why her sister said that.

 

 

Her sister then rolled her eyes, “I mean how, where?”

 

 

“Oh, at the riverside, she was alone and she was crying and I couldn’t just walk away, so I approached her and talked to her,  I also offered her I’d walk her home and I found out she was also living here in this same building…..” she started telling everything to her sister who just nodding.

 

 

“Do you have her number?” her sister asked her and she just stared at her sister. “What? Don’t tell me you still haven’t got it with like with the time you had her number?”

 

 

Chaewon then winced, “But I thought, she just broke up, and she was sad, I didn’t think it was appropriate for me to be asking for her number”

 

 

“Oh, well. You have a point”

 

 

“And unnie, you’re in no position about lecturing me about getting phone numbers, You were lucky enough that Hyewon unnie had the courage you didn’t have” she told her sister which resulted her receiving a smack on the head by her sister, but she just grinned at her sister which made her sister roll her eyes.

 

 

“Go on, and wear comfy clothes, we’ll eat right after” her sister dismissed her, she snorted.

 

“You just don’t want to be teased!”

 

“Whatever, atleast we’re already together!” her sister replied which made her pout.

 

“Foul!” she said and pushed her sister before running to her room.

 

“YAH! KIM CHAEWON!”

Wonyoung was sitting alone in the cafeteria when she felt like someone sat in front of her, she raised her head, “Hi!” she said to the person in front of her.

 

 

“Why are you alone?” Chaewon asked.

 

 

Wonyoung smiled, “Well, just not friendly enough, I guess? How about you? Shouldn’t you be with your friends?” she asked.

 

 

She winced, because she was supposed to be eating with them but she saw Wonyoung alone and she just ran off with her friends shouting at her where she’s going, and her answering, “just somewhere”

 

 

“Nah, they’re going somewhere else”

 

 

“And? Aren’t you supposed to be with them?” she asked again.

 

 

“Are you shooing me away, Wonyoung-ah?” she then stood up and Wonyoung’s eyes bulged out.

 

 

“Hey hey hey! I didn’t say anything like that!” she defended herself and Chaewon grinned to herself.

 

 

“I was kidding” she winked at her and she sat in front of Wonyoung again who let out a heavy sigh.

 

 

“I thought I offended you” she said which made Chaewon chuckle.

 

 

“You’re so cute, aren’t you?” it wasn’t a question actually, it was a statement.

 

 

Wonyoung then blushed, “W-w-hat are you even saying, Chaewon-unnie!”

 

 

 Chaewon then pinched Wonyoung’s cheek, which just made Wonyoung pout her lips. Chaewon just laughed at her because of it.

 

 

Ever since that day, they would always be together for lunch, her friend has caught on what she was doing since well she would be gone about time for lunch, and Wonyoung doesn’t change seats. She always would be there in that exact same table reading her notes, she’ll wait for Chaewon and together they would buy their food, But then until this time, they still don’t have each other’s numbers, and Eunbi would always tease Chaewon when she asks about it when she comes home, calling her slow or whatever tease she has on her hand, but then Chaewon would always have something on her sleeve to sister about.

 

 

Also, they would always go home together too, Chaewon already has been on Wonyoung’s flat as she would just be there to accompany the younger girl and bring her food sometimes as the younger girl would forget about eating when she’s set on studying.

 

 

This time around also, Chaewon’s on Wonyoung’s bed, as she watches the other girl review. She then brought out her drawing pad, and started to draw Wonyoung who was focused on studying.

 

 

After a while, she raised her head up and was about to call Wonyoung and tell her it’s break time but she found Wonyoung fast asleep on her table. Chaewon just smiled at the sight in front of her.

 

 

She then carefully carried the younger girl, seems like she’s in deep sleep as she didn’t even bulge or move when she was being carried to her bed, she then tucked Wonyoung to sleep.

 

 

Also, she left the drawing she was busy about, other than the drawing something was also written the paper.

 

 

She then leveled with Wonyoung and stared at the younger girl, she then caressed Wonyoung’s hair before eventually standing up and leaving the other girl to rest.

 

 

“I thought you’d be home late?” her sister asked her as she arrived at their unit.

 

 

“She’s asleep” she told her sister and she also yawned. “Unnie, I’ll sleep now too” she said not looking back at her sister and walked straight to her room.

 

 

Eunbi then shouted, “Hey, how about dinner?” but Chaewon just waved her hand at her sister.

 

 

It’s Saturday morning and Chaewon woke up late as usual, and by the time she woke up, she immediately searched her phone by her bedside. She was still half awake when she opened it and she jolted up as soon as she saw an unfamiliar number.

 

 

From: 09*********

That’s a very unique way of asking for a number unnie. I thought you’d never ask for it, My patience was about to ran out but then I found a wonderful drawing beside me, be thankful I have hawk eyes and saw the very little note you wrote there.

 

 

Chaewon was smiling throughout the entire time she was ogling at the text message and she laughed out loud when she read the last part.

 

 

P.S Fine, I’m your babygirl. Please save my name like that 😘

 

 

She then smiled and sent a message to Wonyoung.

 

 

To: babygirl 😘

Goodmorning babygirl, wear something comfortable. Let’s go on a date.

 

 

And just after a minute, she saw a notification.

 

 

From: babygirl 😘

Sure love, see you in a bit.

 

 

She squirmed in her bed when she saw what Wonyoung just called her, and she also squealed right after, and then her sister barged in her room because of it.

 

 

“Anything wrong?!” her sister said and then her sister rolled her eyes at her as she threw a peace sign.

 

 

Before her sister can leave, she said. “Unnie, I’d be coming home late. I have a date"

 

Hi! What do you think about this? 

Enjoy!