Let Them Wonder How We Get This Far

After All This Time (I'm Still Into You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Soyeon was busy mouthing the lyrics of a rap song playing in the grocery store as she stared at the brands of detergent, deciding which one to choose. She shrugged her shoulders and put both on her push cart. 

 

"Ah, I should buy some yeast. I need to make some pizza for that babo," she muttered out loud and smiled, remembering how her boyfriend whined and requested pizza for the nth time yesterday.

 

She pushed her cart towards the refrigerated part of the store and pouted, eyeing the variety of yeast. She again shrugged her shoulders, not really knowing which one to buy. She doesn't really do buying groceries, it's always that babo who did it or she would tag along just to annoy him but nope, she's not good at this. 

 

"Soyeon?"

 

She turned, hearing someone called her name and her eyes widen seeing a very beautiful woman, staring at her. 

 

"Oh, Jisoo-unnie, anyeong!" she greeted and slightly bowed at the older woman who also bowed at her. She noticed how Jisoo quickly looked at her from head to toe. She frowned and looked down at her getup. Worn-out jeans that she cut off to make it into denim shorts which hem fell a few inches above her knees, an oversized black and yellow stripes Balenciaga sweatshirt, paired with her trusty trainers (also Balenciaga tho). Yup, she looks so simple compared to the glam-up Kim Jisoo who looks so naturally beautiful in her red Sunday dress. 

 

"Long time no see," Jisoo said and smiled at her, making Soyeon grinned. 

 

"Yeah, it's been so long since I last saw you, unnie. Was it seven? Or eight years?" 

 

"Eight. Wow. Now that I think about it, it's really been eight years. I never thought I'll be back here in Seoul," Jisoo said and Soyeon nodded, grabbing whatever pack of yeast she saw. 

 

"Eight? Which means..." Soyeon trailed off, her eyes widening. Jisoo noticed her expression, laughing at her cuteness. 

 

"Why? What's wrong?" Jisoo asked and Soyeon turned to look at her, disbelief in her eyes. 

 

"I'm with that crazy guy for seven years?" she murmured, still not believing what she realized. Jisoo's eyes also widen before she sadly smiled. 

 

"Wow, you two are still together huh," Jisoo commented and Soyeon absentmindedly nodded. 

 

"It's amazing, right? Wow," Soyeon said, as if she herself couldn't grasp that idea. 

 

 

"I'm home!" she shouted as she pushed the main door of their apartment, carrying the grocery bags to the kitchen. 

 

"You're back! Wow. You survived grocery day. I'm so proud!" Soyeon rolled her eyes, hearing her boyfriend's comment. 

 

"It's just buying groceries. Of course I could survive it," she answered, watching as he rummaged the grocery bags, checking what she bought. She cringed when she noticed how his brows furrowed. 

 

"Yah! Why did you buy fresh milk? We still have 2 cartons of milk," he said, his frown deepening as he inspected the other items. Soyeon rolled her eyes and approached him, standing behind him. 

 

"Yah, Kim Jiwon," she called, stopping him with whatever he's doing. She wrapped her arms around his midriff, tiptoeing so she could reach his shoulders and lean her chin there. "Seven years."

 

"What?" Bobby asked, not really understanding the sudden shift of Soyeon's mood and what she was saying. 

 

"It's been seven years since we started dating, you babo," she muttered and pouted.

 

"Oh. Yeah, I know," Bobby answered and returned his attention to the groceries. 

 

Soyeon frowned and slapped his arm, releasing her hold on him and started to move away. "I'm being serious, you crazy guy!" 

 

"What? I'm also serious. I know, it's been seven years. So?" 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter