Prologue.

11.11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Soojin was told that she should never choose to spend the rest of her life waiting for somebody to love her back. Maybe the reason why she still constantly thinks of him is because there was never closure nor a goodbye to end their relationship. Maybe because deep down she thought there could still be hope and an “us”. Most importantly, she knew that the most painful farewells are the ones that are never said and explained. But she also knew that one does not stop loving someone just because they do not love them back.

            Soojin stepped onto her small balcony, smiling as she let the gust of wind blow her long brown hair. It tickled her cheeks and the nape of her neck, and she giggled as petals from a cherry blossom tree fluttered throughout the breeze and became ensnared in the locks of her hair.

            “Spring has arrived once again”, she mused.

            The cherry blossom petals entering through the window reminded her of the past. It was her first time coming alone to Seoul since her divorce 3 years ago. Several acquaintance including her mother and friends wanted to accompany her but she refused as she is now 25 years old. She must learn to live independently without anyone’s help. After all, she is the only one who is responsible for herself. Not anyone else. Whether or not that is true, that’s what she had learn and believed from his departure.

            “11:11”, I stare at the numbers imprinted on the clock as my thoughts were immediately brought back in reminiscing my past with him.

            “Its 11:11, go ahead and make a wish”, a stranger voiced out suddenly through his cold eyes as he saw his watch.

            Soojin looked at the stranger, raising her eyebrows in confusion. That very second was when a mere time of the day became her definition of miracles. He taught her how that particular time sparks a sense of hope within one’s heart especially when the mind knows something is unlikely to occur but it still wishes for it anyways. Because that is what makes one believe in something nobody would.

            “I’m not a child, why would I do something so childish”, Soojin retorted at his logic as she pouted, contradicting her own argument.

            “The appearance of 11:11 is not a coincidence, rather it is a magical time created by those above for them to listen to one’s wishes”, Sehun said calmly at her confused face.

            She never believed in any of these superstitions until she met him. Nothing wrong in believing a harmless good looking stranger, she thought. She never thought that one day she could never imagine a life without him. Soojin didn't believe in those things. The classical fateful encounter of two strangers who were brought together in the same time, place and feelings. Soon days turned to weeks. Weeks turned to Months. In a blink, 4 years had gone by so quickly as they share their day together blissfully. From strangers and eventually to husband and wife, everything was just too perfect.

            She had been waiting for this day. The day she was going to gather all her courage to tell him about the life growing inside her body. The confession she had prolonged for the perfect moment. She thought he would always be there for her forever, sadly she did not know that “forever” had expiry dates as well. With that mindset, she sent him a text informing of her wait for his arrival to celebrate his birthday later on that day. Tears escaped her eyes as the clock turned to 00:00. He did not come. He never did. He disappeared. Since then, she would wish upon the clock instead of a wishing star. She hoped for his explanation, his laughter, his s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter