Finale

Yellow Taxi

 


"I've been setting you up so many times but it seems like you're not interested. What's wrong? They are so pretty tho..." 


She looks at her friend Yena for a second and goes back to her phone and sighs. 


It's true that she met a lot of girls, even Kim Minjoo the world known super model of this era. But no matter how she wanted to, she just can't. 


Empty. That's how she describes it. 


All of her friends are getting used to it. Sometimes they forces her but most of the time they will just let her, they respect her decision when it comes to this. 


Of course. Why would you even force someone who's mind is not into it. It will just be a waste of time.


"Anyways, when is your flight back to Europe? We all should gather first before you leave."


Yena asks Chaewon while texting their friends who's free to meet up at where they are now.


She took a deep breathe before answering "In two weeks.."


"Okay I'll message the other girlies to meet up a day 
before."


One of their friends came in at the coffee shop that they were staying. It's Chaeyeon.


"Ya I'm sorry got caught up in traffic. How are you guys?"


She sat opposite to Chaewon


"Ya Chaewon-ah, the previews girl I set you up flooded me with messages complaining about you. Stop being so numb."


"Then stop doing this anymore. Seriously, I'm very thankful with all of your efforts but it's just not it." she puts down her phone and drinks her ice cold coffee


Her friends both sighed and nodded in agreement


"So you're leaving again? Then you will be back after so long..." Chaeyeon's voice changes


"..."


"Ya before that, let's play a deal..."


To lift up the mood Yena asks it out of nowhere


"What kind of deal"


"It's for Chaewon-ah... if she'll agee on it"


Chaewon looks at the two with vague eyes


"Okay here it goes. 200 yellow taxi"


"What's that?"


"Wait. Just hear me first. We will count every yellow taxi that will pass by this shop, and after the 200th one... The girl that will enter this shop is the one for Chaewon-ah"


Chaewon is not really interested but she agreed on the deal for the sake of friendship knowing in two weeks she will be leaving already.


"...1, 2..."


Their countdown is getting more exciting as they are now down to few numbers till it gets on the 200th. They lasted almost three hours and almost given up because of the slow phase of yellow taxi that is passing by the shop.


"We're getting there OMG!!!"


Chaewon shakes her head "I told you to give up now. We're just wasting our time and it's..."

 

"200..."

 

___________________________________

 

"10 years from now, promise me that if you're not dating someone when we meet again, it will be you and me and no one will ever stop us"


"Yes. I promise."


"I will wait for that time to come. I will wait for you no matter what. I can't imagine myself unloving you. I can't imagine myself being in love with somebody else. I can't imagine you, being in the arms of another... I love you, I love you so much"


She tiptoed and reaches for my cheeks and wipes my tears away.


"I love you more than you'll ever know. I will wait for you too. I know this is so hard but this is the least we can do for ourselves. Don't ever forget me please? I'll miss you so much"


She kisses me. The kiss that I will long for years. The lips that I will miss.

 

_____________________________

 

Kim Chaewon, at her age, she should be dating already but she didn't bother getting into one. She doesn't want to because she is waiting for someone else and that someone else is the only one for her. Even if it takes forever, she would still wait even after forever.


That's how much she loves the girl who went inside the shop right after that 200th yellow taxi that passes by the shop.


She is frozen still. Tears starting to build up. Her heart is going crazy. 


She looks at the girls direction as she enters the shop. 


She heaves a deep sigh then gulps and turn away. The girl she loves is with somebody else...


"It's useless because I'm still in love with her..."


Chaewon says to her friends as her tears falls.


They were quiet. They didn't say any single word. They know, they knew. 


She stayed calm and just closes her eyes while crying. 


After a while...


Chaewon urges up and decides to meet the girl she loves the most. She stands and slowly walks towards their table. She's nervous. She's scared. She's empty.


Her eyes fixed to that one girl she misses. Slowly but surely.


"Hi. May I know your name please? By the way, I'm Kim... Chaewon"


The girl was shock upon hearing the voice itself. She turns to look at the latter.


Chaewonie


She smile a little and puts her hand down. Eyes can't seem to handle to have a contact with those pairs that she's been missing.


"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you. You look really familiar so I ought to try my best to confirm something." Chaewon sighs and swallow the lump in


"... I guess I got the wrong girl."


Last words she said before she walks away


Chaewon walks out of the shop not minding leaving her friends inside. 


She couldn't walk properly, as if she's carrying something heavy but she is... 


She can't think straight, she felt numbness all over her body. Her chest begins to hurt.


It's raining so hard that she couldn't hear anything.


She couldn't hear anything even the sound of the voice of someone who's shouting out her name.


"Chaewonie!!!"


"Kim Chaewon!!!!"


"Please stop Chaewonie!!!!"


________________________________

 

Because her voice wasn't heard, she removes her sandals and runs as fast as she can. She didn't waste her time even if it's slippery. She needs to chase Kim Chaewon, the love of her life.


She suddenly stops running.


"Ch-Chaewonie..."


Catching her breath


"I-I love you..."


"I'm keeping my p-promise to you... I'm yours now"


Words she utters as she saw how Chaewon was hit by a car right before her very eyes.


Chaewon's body on the floor bleeding too much. As her eyes finds it's way to Hitomi who's running towards her asking for everyone's help.


She smiles while holding on into her breath fighting for her life. 


Hitomi kneels down and slowly held Chaewon in her arms 

 


"I'm yours now.."