Final

You're The Best

Jungkook had spent the whole weekend rehearsing what he was going to say, repeating the same words over and over again. When he arrived to school, he ignored Yugyeom who called him and walked straight to his friend and crush, Park Jimin. Jimin was a third year in high school. He was part of the dance club and that was how Jungkook had met him. Jungkook had been totally lost on his first day and Jimin had been there to help him and just literally save him. Jungkook was very introverted but Jimin helped him to become a bit more open and that's how they became friends. Another friend Jungkook had made thanks to Jimin was Yugyeom. The latter was the same age as Jungkook and in first year of high school as well. He quickly caught on Jungkook's feelings for Jimin and loved to tease his friend about it every time he could. Jungkook hated it and he also made fun of Yugyeom's crush on Im Jaebum, a third year as well. Beside Jimin and Yugyeom, Jungkook had one last friend; Jung Hoseok. He was the dance club's captain in a way. He created the choreographies and chose who would participate in which dance contest.

Jungkook had one best friend, Min Yoongi. They met in kindergarten. It didn't start on the right foot since they had fought about a racing car, forcing their teacher to call their parents to solve the issue. One day, a boy named Sejin hit Yoongi because he didn't want to give him his dessert. Jungkook defended Yoongi and since then, they became best friends. Yoongi met Taehyung, Jimin's best friend, in high school and after hanging out as friends for some time they became boyfriends.

It had always been hard for Jungkook to deal with his feelings for Jimin and he was very thankful that his big brother, Namjoon, was there for him. They were step-brothers but they both cared a lot for each other, no matter if they were related by blood or not. Namjoon's boyfriend, Seokjin, also helped Jungkook a lot, especially when he was having troubles with coming to term with his uality. It was easier to talk about this sensitive topic with Seokjin than with Namjoon because Jungkook had always been reserved. Moreover, Seokjin's personality was more similar to Jungkook's than Namjoon's was.

Anyway, two weeks ago, Jungkook had a deep talk with Namjoon and they both came to the same conclusion: Jungkook was in love with Jimin and Jimin seemed to liked Jungkook as well. He just wasn't sure if it was in a bro way or more-than-just-a-bro way. He always was so sweet with the younger, his whole attitude changed when he was around him. Jimin was naturally a very affectionate person and he liked cuddling people. More often than not, he could be seen hugging Jungkook by the side or caressing the younger's hair, whispering sweet words to him. What Jungkook never noticed though were the stares. Damn, Namjoon had thousands of pictures of Jimin in which we could see him looking dreamily at Jungkook. When Jungkook saw them, Namjoon almost threw him out the window. He had said, with his whole (broad and muscular) chest: 'maybe he was daydreaming about something and his eyes fell on me'. Jungkook didn't want to have false hopes, that's all. However, he had decided, along with Namjoon and Seokjin, that it would be better to confess. If he confessed and it wasn't mutual, he would be sad, of course, but forgetting Jimin would be easier than just wondering what they could have been. If, on the contrary, the feelings were mutual then... Jungkook hadn't thought this far, to be honest.

Well, today, he was there. He arrived to school, ignored Yugyeom who called him and walked straight to Park Jimin.

"Hi, Jimin hyung." He said, waving.

"Hi, Jungkookie. How are you?" Jimin answered, hugging him.

"I'm fine. Are you free right now?" Jungkook asked, looking at Jimin's friends. Jimin understood and told them that he'd see them later.

"Is it important? You're kinda worrying me." Jimin said, giggling nervously.

"Well, it kinda is." Said Jungkook, playing with his earring.

"Okay, I'm really worried now." Jimin said, turning serious.

"Don't worry, it's nothing bad it's just." Jungkook sighed. "I like you a lot, Jimin hyung." Jungkook blurted out.

He mentally punched himself. He had prepared a whole speech in which he explained why he liked Jimin and when he realised he liked him.

Jimin didn't say anything for a few seconds before smiling widely. He then laughed and ruffled Jungkook's hair.

"I like you too, Jungkookie."

"No, I meant to say that I like you. Romantically. I’m in love with you in fact. I've felt like this for a very long time now." Jungkook explained, blushing.

"Oh." Jimin said, his eyes going wide. An awkward silence took place and Jungkook felt tears coming but held them back.

"I knew it wasn't mutual. It's okay, I had prepared myself for this eventuality, I'm fine, I'm totally fine. I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable, I hope we can still stay friends though because you're someone I care-" Jungkook began to ramble and Jimin kissed him.

Jungkook is so cute but he's about to cry, I should say something, I should do something to make him realise that I feel the same – was what Jimin was thinking before he kissed Jungkook. He did it on impulse, he had spent countless nights thinking about Jungkook and how he felt about him and if he felt the same and about kissing him senseless. It was better than what he had imagined, his lips were soft and as he tilted his head a little bit to the right, their lips moved in sync, both boys losing their breaths little by little. When they finally pulled out, Jungkook had tears rolling down his cheeks, his pupils dilated and his lips red. Jimin swore that he had never seen someone so beautiful in his whole life. Deciding that just thinking it wasn't enough, he chose to say it out loud.

"You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my whole life, Jungkook. You're so pretty. And I’m in love with you too. If the kiss I gave you wasn't enough of a proof." Jimin stated, giggling a bit.

Jungkook stayed silent for some seconds, completely stunned before laughing.

"Oh my gosh, couldn't you just tell me? Everyone is looking at us, I'm so embarrassed." Jungkook whined, hiding his face with his hands.

"Aww, my baby bun is embarrassed? C'mere." Jimin said and pulled him in a tight hug, leaving a soft peck in his neck and pushing his head into his shoulder. "I'll protect you, don't worry."

He heard Jungkook whine and laughed, breaking their embrace. He then looked at Jungkook's beet-red face and took his hand, walking towards the building.

"Just so you know, we're boyfriends now." Jimin stated.

"That's such a romantic way to ask me to be your boyfriend." Jungkook teased, squeezing Jimin's hand.

"I know, I'm the best." Jimin replied and pecked Jungkook on the cheek, gaining a punch on the chest.


Author's Note:

I hope you liked it! If you did, leave a comment please and if you didn't, leave a comment too! Constructive criticism is very appreciated^^