終わりの始まり

A Little White Lie during Spring

It was during the first day of spring and alot of children were playing outside the light breeze with the sun directly shinning on their skins. The park full of people going on picnics and biking. The weather was great. Everything was just exceptionally warm and fuzzy, even for a girl who was sitting under a tree, with a palette and paint brush in hand and a canvas in front of her. This one specific girl has always come to that park. She always has her handy tools with her. She would always come up to the kids when she thought she's getting bored. She is an epitome of beauty, kindness and warmth. That is how I pictured her. That is how I met her. How I met Kang Hyewon.

 

 

-

 

 

It was the first day of school and spring started  two weeks ago. A girl in track suit can be seen running around the university oval. She has had this morning routine ever since. Her parents are faculty memebrrs of the Uni, and she's really familiar with the school grounds. Students from different courses often see her jogging on the School ground, doing speed activities in the University gym or just running on the track. Most varsity team inside the university knows her. Who wouldn't? She always go to different sport teams for her morning routines. Students and Professors alike are fund of her. She's a model to most. She's kind, well-mannered and jolly. Anyone who comes to her for aide will surely be helped. She's that kind of person. That's the reason people from the Uni or even from the nearby town knows her. She always greeted everyone with a smile and with energy. People often called her "chinjeolhan yeoja" in english The kind lady or Kind woman. She doesn't mind being called that way but she prefers to be called by her name. She takes pride on saying her name, after all it was given to her by her beloved parents. 
Lee Chaeyeon. The name I will forever cherish.

 

 

-

 

 

"The sun is shinning, the trees are blooming and the air is fragrant! Spring sure is the most relaxing time ever~" A girl sitting on a bench uttered. She was with three young kids whom has been asking her to play with them for almost five minutes already. The girl was being stubborn that the kids were about to give up but she find them cute so she just stood up and let those cute little kids drag her around the park. "Kwangbae unnie! Let's play tag!" The kid with black hair suggested. The older girl just looked at them with a smile plastered on her pretty face. "Sorry Kiddo, I can't play tag. My body is not good for that kind of game." She ruffled the young one's hair as she say those words in a mellow voice that somehow had a hint of sadness in it. "But unnie!!" The child wanted to say something but was cutted off by a loud call from behind "MINAMI-CHAN!" the kid's mother then approached them. "Im sorry this child of mine is causing you problems." The girl then smiled at the child's mother and shook her head. "No ma'am, she's really a nice girl and I like playing with her." the mother then gave the girl a warm smile. "May I know your name young lady?" 
"Hyewon, Kang Hyewon" she then reached out her hand for a shake which was then shook by the child's kind mother. "it was nice meeting you, Hyewon-chan" Hyewon ruffled the kid's hair again and kneeled infront of the little girl. "looks like it's time for you to go home. If you evrr want to play you can find me here most of the time, also follow what your mama tells you okay. Always be a good girl and be happy." Hyewon then stated to the child which made the mother beside them smile with warmth. "You are such a nice girl, Hyewon-chan." The mother then hold her child's small hand and started walking away. She gave Hyewon one last smile and a slight bow. As the mother and daughter walks away she waved again one last time which was reciprocated by the young one who turned her head back to see her new found friend. "What a fun time to be alive" Hyewon uttered as she returns back to the bench she was sitting in before the kids came.

 

 

-

 

 

"JJAEYEON!" a long bob cutted hair girl shouted while running down the hallways. Chaeyeon looked back and saw the girl who jumped at her with a tight hug. "Saku-chan~" Chaeyeon returned the hug as her lips slowly curved up into a warm smile. The two broke the hug and started walking down to the first turn at the end of the hallways. "So? What are you majoring?" Sakura carefully asked, both are still walking down the music and arts department. Chaeyeon looked at her bestfriend and smiled at her. "Im majoring photography." Sakura nodded and continued walking beside Chaeyeon. Silence befall the two of them. "How about you Saku-chan?" Chaeyeon cutted off the silence and faced her bestfriend. "Fine Arts, Im majoring Fine Arts." She smiled at the older girl and started talking about how her summer went. Sakura is just happy that she's still beside her bestfriend, after all she's been inlove with Chaeyeon ever since, but she can't tell that. It's has been her promise to never tell that. To lie everyday to Chaeyeon that what they have for her is just friendship. She know it's the best for her, for both of them.

 

-

 

A sound of a shutter is heard inside a room with empty chairs. She's just the only one inside the room. "hmmm, I think I should change the angle for this." the girl then re-arranged her position when the room door slide open. The girl then looked at the person who entered the room. It was not a person, it was persons. Two beautiful girls entered the classroom, namely Sakura and Chaeyeon. The other girl cannot stop herself from pointing her camera at the girls. 
Sakura and Chaeyeon got surprised when they heard a shutter sound. They stopped their little chitchat and seek where the sound came from. As Chaeyeon saw a girl standing with a camera in hand she heard another shutter sound. 
"beautiful" The girl with a camera whispered as she looks through her camera's gallery. "miss excuse me, but isn't it rude to capture someone's picture withput consent" Chaeyeon stated which earned the weird girl's attention. "Im sorry! I didn't mean to. It's just the light is just perfect and I thought it was a beautiful moment. I-I'll delete it immediately." The girl then hurriedly scroll back, she was about to delete it when Sakura approached her and look through the photos she was about to delete. "Hey, don't delete that. How about you give me a copy." Chaeyeon was puzzled. She looked at Sakura, confused. Most of the time her bestfriend would be mad at this kind of things but it's kinda new that she isn't. Chaeyeon then averted her gaze to the weird girl. 
"uuuhm, Hyewon. Kang Hyewon. Im a photography major. Im sorry for doung what I did earlier. It will never happen again." The girl then bowed her head while still holding onto her camera even tho the strap of it was dangling from her neck. Chaeyeon just smiled and pat the girl's shoulder. "Chaeyeon, Lee Chaeyeon. It's nice to meet you." Chaeyeon reaches out her hand and Hyewon gladly shook it. Sakura also did the same and the gesture was well greeted by Hyewon. Sakura then looked asked Hyewon if she could see the pictures. The girl gladly let Sakura look through her gallery. While Sakura is looking through the photos Chaeyeon further had a discussion with Hyewon. It's been minutes since Sakura has been looking through the photo and time to time asking about some. Chaeyeon too, continued to talk to Hyewon. She then knew that Hyewon was a sickly girl and was always hospitalized. Chaeyeon felt a thug in her heart. She wanted to befriend the girl, she thought that being hospitalize for a long time is really frustrating so she wanted to be the girl's first ever friend. 
Sakura was still looking at the photos while listening to the conversations of the girls infront of her, until she stumbled upon one picture. She averted her gaze into Hyewon with a blank expression. Hyewon felt someone was gazing onto her so she turned her head only to see sakura's gaze fixated on her. "is there a problem?" Hyewon asked. Sakura dead pan shrugged the question off and continued to scroll into the gallery. Chaeyeon was now looking at Sakura. She noticed that her bestfriend's mood suddenly changed. 
Before anyone arrives Sakura returned back the camera and looked at her watch. "Sorry about this, but I need to go. I don't want to be late on the first day of classes." She then beamed a bright smile and skipped out of the room leaving Chaeyeon and Hyewon alone. Hyewon then heaved a sigh of relief.
"is there a problem?" Chaeyeon asked. Hyewon then looked at Chaeyeon straight into the eye and confessed. "I like her. I like Miyawaki Sakura."

 

-

 

Chaeyeon is now at home scrolling on her social media accounts when she suddenly remembered what Hyewon asked her. 

 


Flashback:


"I like her, I like Miyawaki Sakura." Chaeyeon is now dumbfounded. She just met Hyewon and now this girl is confessing her feelings for her bestfriend. "Wait. Hold up. Did I heard that right? You like SAKURA!?" Chaeyeon's eyes are wide yet focused on the girl infront of her. "Yes, I like her, and since you are her bestfriend. Can I ask a favor?" Chaeyeon was just standing there having a tough time processing everything she's hearing. "Can you help me strike a date with her?" Chaeyeon just looked at the pleading girl. She wanted to say no but the puppy eyes Hyewon gives is just irresistable that she unconciously said yes. Hyewon in delight hug Chaeyeon, which surprised the latter.
"I have a bad feeling about this." Chaeyeon talked to herself as she lets Hyewon clung to her with smile reaching from ear to ear.

 

-

 

Chaeyeon was now on her bed hitting her head for agreeing to Hyewon's request. "This is bad! How can I help her. Saku-chan ain't gonna say yes if I said Hyewon wants a date. She would also get mad if I ask her and if she gets to the meeting place she would be seeing Hyewon and not me, She'll totally kick my !" Chaeyeon was groaning in frustration when a knock on her door pulled her back. "Unnie! Dinner is ready. " She heaves another sighed and shouted to her sister that she'll be down in a minute. "So much for the first day of Uni." She then stood up and walk down to the dinning area where her family is waiting.

 

-

 

Hyewon was waiting outside the school's garden. Chaeyeon texted her to meet up and discuss somethings about the plan for her to be close to Sakura. She was getting bored because even tho they have the same classes Chaeyeon has additional classes because she was minoring dance. It's kinda peculiar to have a Photography as Major and Dance as a Minor. Photograpy Major usually minors Fine Arts or sometime graphic design but who cares right. It's non of her business. She pulled out her Camera and started taking shots of bird and other things that can be seen on that garden. She was having a nice time when a mellow voice called out her name. She whipped her head towards the direction of the sweet call and there she saw Chaeyeon. She can help herself and by instincts she held her camera up and took a shot. Chaeyeon didn't mind it now because she saw how Hyewon would pull out her camera and just take random shots for the past three days. 
Yup you heard that right. They have been doing alot for the past three days. At first Chaeyeon was hesistant over ahyewon but fortunately Hyewon has God on her side. They literally became photography buddies. So apparently Chaeyeon has no other choice but to help Hyewon out.
Chaeyeon approached Hyewon and stand infront of the crouching girl. "Kangchan! Stop taking pictures already." Hyewon smiled and for the last time she pressed the camera button and immediately stood up after. She was scrolling again through her gallery and not paying attention to Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon almost got annoyed that she started to think of walkimg out but before she could do so Hyewon hold up her camera and smiled widely at Chaeyeon. "Chaen! Look at this. Isn't this beautiful!" Chaeyeon looked at the photo Hyewon was refering too. Her cheeks turned pink and she started to hit Hyewon. "Yah! Stop it!" Hyewon just giggled and brought her camera down and let it dangle from her neck. "But it's true. You're beautiful!" Chaeyeon's brows perked up as the her pinkish cheeks turned to red. "Yah! You sweet talker! You shouldn't say that to me! Use that towards Sakura!" Chaeyeon then uttered as she walks towards the bench near the daffodils. Hyewon also made her way beside Chaeyeon and comfortably sit herself there. "Aren't daffodils lovely. Whenever I see them I always remember spring is here." Chaeyeon then smiled as she takes a look at the flowers. She then picked up one. "This flowers also remind me of someone. She likes this flower." Hyewon's perked up as she heard what Chaeyeon said. She looked at the girl and saw a melancholic smile while holding up the flower. "You know, daffodils also symbolizes renewal. It's a good choice of flower. I mean even if something unpleasant happened you can just start again from the bottom and up right." Chaeyeon nods as she slowly caresses the flower she was holding. Silence befall towards the two and Hyewon was getting uncomfortable. She thought that maybe she had stepped on some boundaries that she shouldn't and it's making her a bit paranoid. 
It's been minutes and the silence between them is now deafening. Hyewon is now sure Chaeyeon won't talk. She was about to clear when suddenly Chaeyeon look her way and smiled. "So, let's talk about Sakura."

 

-

 

It's been six weeks and progress about landing a date with sakura is still close to none, but Chaeyeon and Hyewon became a lot closer. They started to spill there secrets to each other. How Chaeyeon was once made dance her whole life but ended up quitting because in one of the competition she was in she made a wrong move. She had toen ligaments in the knee that restricted her from dancing and it also changed her lifestyle. Hyewon on the other hand revealed that she was a weak and nerdy child back then. She wears big round glasses with thick lenses and she always wear those bulky clothes. She also told Chaeyeon that she's really into painting. It was her hobby.
As days passes by the closeness and bond between the two started to thicken and Sakura being Chaeyeon's bestfriend got a little too jealous. Well ofcourse she will be. Chaeyeon is slowly being taken away from her by someone they just met weeks ago and also, the fact that she's inlove with Chaeyeon adds up to the numbers.
Sakura would always watch the two bicker from afar. She can see how Hyewon stares at Chaeyeon as if she was her world and Chaeyeon being so happy as if Hyewon was the only person in the world. This made Sakura a bit alarmed, but she still shrugged it off until one day.
Hyewon asked Chaeyeon out for a date. Hyewon said it's for simulation so she could practice what she would probably do when she's with Sakura. Chaeyeon agreed and planned out when their so called simulation will be held. 
On the day of their date Hyewon was early on the cafe they talked about. She was waiting there when someone tapped her on the shoulder. She was anticipating it to be Chaeyeon that's why she beamed a wide smile before turning her head towards the person who tapped her. As soon as her gaze landed on the person her smile was suddenly replaced by an unreadable expression. The person then scoffs at the greeting hyewon made and coolly made her way to the seat infront of Hyewon. "Sakura? What are you doing here?" Sakura then rolled her eyes at Hyewon and sarcastically answered that she was just getting a cup of coffee like most people would do in a café. Hyewon giggled at Sakura's sarcastic reply and stood up. "Where are you going?" Hyewon then looked at Sakura and pointed at the café's counter. "Buying coffee. Do you want anything? My treat." Sakura smirked and pointed at the fanciest drink the menu has to offer. Hyewon laughed at the childish act Sakura is pulling off right now. She then started to walk towards the counter and bought their drinks.
"Im going to be straight here. Are you hitting on my Bestfriend?" Hyewon almost choked at the statement. She started coughing quite harshly which made Sakura stand to her seat and fetch water. "So. Are you?" Sakura stated again after Hyewon finished clearing and drinking her water. 
Hyewon just sighed and nodded at Sakura. "Knew it!" Sakura then started grinning like an idiot. "I like her too" Hyewon became speechless at the revelation. "But you can have her." Hyewin's eyes widens at what she was hearing. She can have Chaeyeon. 'Sakura is giving up her bestfriend and probably the love of her life because of me!' Hyewon's mind is now overloaded in information and unwanted informations. She's collecting her thoughts, when Sakura spoke again. "You might be thinking Im giving up on her too soon right, well you're wrong. It's not too soon because Im already too late." Hyewon was puzzled she looked at Sakura dumb foundedly. Sakura just giggled and started talking random stuffs which took Hyewon's attention out of the topic.

 

-

 

Chaeyeon was walking towards the café that she and Hyewon talked about. Hyewon texted her minutes ago that she's at the café and is waiting. She was a little bit late waking up so she rushed out of her house after a good bath, that's the reason that her hair is braided with only light make up and glasses. Yup glasses. She has a really bad eye sight that's why she has one. She was walking, three blocks away from the café when a biker almost bump at her. She launch herself to the left to the right to avoid the biker but sadly she tripped as she was doing so. She ended up falking to the ground first, her glasses also fell off, making it crack a little bit. She wanted to reprimand the biker but when she got up the biker was gone. She could only sigh and pick up her glasses and starts walking again. She reached the café's front window where you can see most of the customers. She was looking for Hyewon when her eyes landed on someone familiar. "Saku-chan?" She uttered. 
Chaeyeon was happy to see Sakura. She felt bad that she hasn't had time to spend for her bestfriend that's why when she saw Sakura she almost rushed inside and hug her cute bestfriend but it looks like it's really a bad day for her. She notice someone was with Sakura. 
It was Hyewon. She saw how Hyewon was laughing. It was so bright. Suddenly her heart felt something. It felt a little bit heavy. "What is wrong with me?" She was questioning herself. She almost ruffled her hair but stopped when she realized she braided it earlier. She then looks inside the café. Sakura and Hyewon look so happy that it somehow made her feel a painful sensation inside her heart. 
She wa staring at the two when Hyewon lift up her head. Chaeyeon acter impulsively and hid herself. "What the hell am I doing!?" Chaeyeon asked herself in disbelief. She sighed again and fetched her phone and texted Hyewon. 

 

-

 

Hyewon is now inside her room looking at her phone. She's been sending Chaeyeon alot of messages but she get no replies at all. She was satrting to get a little worried. She called into Chaeyeon's house phone and to her relief someone picked it up. "Hello, who is this?" The voice sounded like a woman. "It's me Mrs. Lee." The woman paused for a bit and happily greeted her once she recognizes it was Hyewon. "Hyewonie. How was your little date with Chaeyeonie? Did you have fun? Are you two still together? If yes can you give her the phone I just want to know if she's doing fine." As she heard what Chaeyeon's mother was talkung about grimace befall onto her. Chaeyeon is still not home. She started panicking. Mrs.Lee became suspicious about Hyewon's sudden silence. "Hyewonie? Is Chaeyeon not with you?" Mrs.Lee's voice turned serious and scared Hyewon that she ended up tellung the full story to Mrs.Lee, the woman then sighed after Hyewon's story and started talking to Hyewon calmly to not scare the girl. "Hyewonie, don't worry too much. I know where she went. Relax okay. Everything will be fine. She'll give you a reply for sure." Hyewon heaved a sigh of relief as she started calming down. She then thanked Mrs. Lee and bid her goodbye.
It was 11 in the evening and Hyewon dozed off until she heard her phone rings. She tooke her phone and read the message. "Kwangbae. Sorry I ditched you. I had something I needed to do. Hope you aren't mad at me. Anyways. Goodnight and don't let tge bed bugs bite~" As Hyewon reads the message she felt relieved and happy. "How can I get mad at you, if you are being this cute."

 

-

 

It's been two weeks since that incident where Chaeyeon ditched Hyewon and everything is more likely the way it was. But the only thing is Hyewon is absent today. She has been frequently getting on and off of school lately and it's alarming Chaeyeon. She wanted to visit Hyewon's house but the latter always said that her house is far away and is too small to accomodate a visitor that's why everytime they do projects it will be on Chaeyeon's house. 
It's noon and Chaeyeon is now inside the cafeteria with Sakura. They were eating their meal when someone walks onto their table and sit infront of them. "Hyewon!!" Sakura was shocked to see the girl stealing some food from Chaeyeon's tray. Chaeyeon was also shocked that she disn't have the reflexes to swat away Hyewon's hands from her food. "Do I look like Im a ghost? Why are you people so shocked?" Hyewon then was about to get another frie from Chaeyeon's foods when Chaeyeon slapped her hand. "This is my food! Go buy yours! Also I thought you were sick!" Hyewon chuckled at Chaeyeon and started answering the girl's question one by one. "Okay chill, first of all Im not sick. I just drop something at my aunt's house. Second I was late coz I somehow got invested into taking picture of children in a near by park and lastly I saw a cat and he was so cute I have to stop." Chaeyeon was not satisfied about Hyewon's answers she feel it in her gut but shrugged it off. 
They continued there lunch and the rest of the day as usual.

 

-

 

"Chaeyeon-ah, Don't you really wanna join us. I mean you are so good." A girl with long black hair has been tailing Chaeyeon around the Uni. She's being persistent about something. "Eunbi unnie. You know that Im not cut for that anymore. Besides Im not good." Chaeyeon started to lift her sling bag, before she could leave the practice room Eunbi grabbed her on the sling bag and tugged her back a little. Chaeyeon almost tripped but thankfully she got her balance. "Yah! Unnie that's dangerous!" Eunbi just looked Chaeyeon straight in the eyes and flashed the little flier she has. "Think about it, Lee Chaeyeon." Eunbi then mused with a voice as cold as the northern hemisphere that made Chaeyeon shiver. Chaeyeon had no other choice but to just take the flier and agree to her senior. 
"This will be hard." Chaeyeon sighs as she slowly approach the school's outdoor pool. Hyewon wanted to take some shots there.
She reached the outdoor pool, and saw Hyewon talking to the swim club's coach. As she watches Hyewon a smile alowly crept into her face and her heart satrted to race. Her sight was still fixated at the girl, that when Hyewon and her suddenly got eye contact they hold it for more than a minute. They gaze at each other's eyes. Their surrounding started to have a taint colorful hues. The laughter of the people around them started to fade, it's like the only thing they could see is each other. The only thing they can hear is each other's breathing even tho they are meters apart from each other. Everything was on slow-mo. Everything felt so warm. Everything feels so fluttery, until..

 

-

 

Chaeyeon is now sitting at the Uni's infirmary, with Hyewon lying beside her. 

 

-

 


Flashback:


Hyewon is waiting at the Uni's outdoor pool. She's been there for about an hour already. Yet Chaeyeon hasn't come yet. "Unnie!" A girl wearing a once piece swim suit that is provided by the school called out to Hyewon. "Ahhh! Minju-ssi." Hyewon smiled at the girl who is approaching her with water dripping from her wet hair. "Why haven't you've gone home? Are you waiting for Chaeyeon unnie?" Minju asked Hyewon and Hyewon just nodded and smile. She then started to talk to Minju's coach. She wanted to take a time on Minju's schedule and make her a model for their portrait project. While she was talking she felt something so she whipped her head to the right only to find Chaeyeon staring at her. She returned the stare with the same intensity and passion. But suddenly all became black. She passed out.

 

-

 

Chaeyeon was lightly caressing the now resting Hyewon. The nurse allowed them to stay until Hyewon wakes up. While caressing Hyewon a smile srept onto her face as she watches Hyewon scrunch her nose while sleeping. "Cute." She uttered lowly. 
She then stood and was about to fetch some water when she felt something preventing her. She was about to turn around when that something or someone pulled her down.
She's now lying on the bed beside Hyewon, while the latter wraps her into a warm hug. "Kwangbae! You're already awake!" Hyewon just nodded and snuggled closer to Chaeyeon's nape. Chaeyeon started to caress Hyewon's hand that wa resting on her waist. She put her hand on top of it and staeted to draw circles on the back of Hyewon's hand. Hyewon reacted and hummed at Chaeyeon as if asking her what's the problem.
"Hyewon-ah, Do you still like Sakura?" This question caught Hyewon off guard. She opened her eyes and was shocked that Chaeyeon was already facing her. "W-why are you asking me this?" Chaeyeon still looks at Hyewon straight into the eyes. "Please just answer it." Chaeyeon commanded Hyewon with pleading and hope evident in her voice and eyes. "what if I still do?" Hyewon carefully asks which earned her a gaze that almost broke her heart. "Then I'll still help you chase after her." Chaeyeon was smiling while saying those words but her eyes are contradicting. 
Hyewon then hugged Chaeyeon tighter."I don't like her anymore." Chaeyeon's eyes widen."Wait? Whaaaat!!?"
Hyewon chuckled at the girl's reaction and just pulled her back in for another hug. 

 

-

 

 

It's been weeks since the infirmary incident. Chaeyeon has been slightly awkward when Hyewon would approach her. Hyewon did notice a slight change but she knows fully well it's also her fault so she cannot complain. "Chaeyeon-ah!" Eunbi shouted inside the cafeteria while Chaeyeon, Sakura and Hyewon were eating. "Have you decided yet?" Eunbi was still determined to get Chaeyeon to join them.

"Kkura" Hyewon whispered at sakura "Why is Eunbi unnie, always following Chaeyeon?" Sakura stopped eating her melon pan and looked at Hyewon, surprised. "You didn't know?" Hyewon just shook her head and stared at Eunbi and Chaeyeon. "Eunbi was recruiting Chaeyeon for some weeks now. But Chaeyeon doesn't want to join." Hyewon just hummed at Sakura and the latter continued eating after. 

 

-

 

 

"Chae!" Hyewon was panting while she was running at the track. She ended up accepting Chaeyeon's request to run on the field. "Already tired?" Chaeyeon pats Hyewon's back while she runs in place. "Can we just like, stop this we've been running for like 30mins. straight right now." Chaeyeon chuckled at the tired Hyewon so she stopped running and just sat under a tree. She pulled out a bottle of water and chugged it down. She gave half of it to Hyewon which the girl gladly accepted. After Hyewon gulped the remaining liquid inside the bottle, silence befall again. The only thing that can be heard are the loud cicadas and the laughter of the kids from a nearby park.

"Chae?" Hyewon broke the silence. Chaeyeon just hummed at Hyewon's call. Hyewon looked at Chaeyeon and leaned her head on the girl's shoulder. "Chae, why won't you try what Eunbi was pestering you about." Chaeyeon leaned her head over Hyewon's and started to hold Hyewon's hand. "You know about my injury right. What if it happens again. What if I fail again. There are so many what ifs going on inside my head Kangchan, and it's hard for me to not listen to those." Chaeyeon started to draw circles on the back on Hyewon's hand. "You know, I just noticed, but..you like drawing circles on my hands when you are being uncertain." Hyewon chuckled as she took Chaeyeon's hand and intertwined with them. "Why not try it. It won't hurt right. Remember the daffodils and the person whom you cherish that likes those flowers. For sure that person wanted you to try again. It won't hurt. Even if that person is not with you right now, Im here. I will be here. I will always be here."

 

 

-

 


Chaeyeon entered the practice room after her classes. She was greeted by the members of the dance club. "Chae unnie! You came! You seriously came! We thought Eunbi unnie was just messing with us but it's true! You really came!" A girl with fluffy cheeks almost cried as she stated those words. Chaeyeon's eyes are also moistening. She missed her group. She missed her team. She missed her friends. Chaeyeon then enveloped the girl in a tight hug but it was interrupted by someone, namely Kwon Eunbi. Eunbi then dashed to Chaeyeon and give the girl a hug."We missed you, Chaeyeon-ah."

 

-

 

Three weeks. It's been three weeks straight since Hyewon has gone MIA. Chaeyeon was worried. Even her text and calls won't come through. 

 

 

"Chaeyeon!" Sakura shouted at the hallways. She dashed towards Chaeyeon. "Chill, sister. Im not going anywhere." Sakura hits Chaeyeon on the shoulder and continued what she was saying. "Hyewon.." Chaeyeon's attention suddenly got caught by the mention of the name. "Hyewon? What happened?" Chaeyein calmly ask. She was trying so hard not to think of negative things. "She texted me." Chaeyeon's eyes widen as she hears what Sakura had told her. Hyewon texted Sakura while totally ignoring her. She felt her blood rush towards her head. She's frustrated. She's been worried sick for weeks and all she get is a blank inbox, and now Sakura is telling her Hyewon messages her. 
Chaeyeon was about to lose it when Sakura continued. "She said she was fine. She also said her phone got lost and the only number she has was mine because it was written in a small poece of paper." Chaeyeon immediately took Sakura's phone and examine the mail. It was Hyewon, no doubt about that. She replied using Sakura's mail. While typing her tears are b to fall. She realizes how much she misses the girl. Sakura noticed this and was hurt by the sight of her love being hurt like this. Sakura could only sigh in frustration as Chaeyeon continues to tyoe her reply.

 

-

 

"Hyewon-ah, you haven't eaten anything." A soft voice called Hyewon's name. Hyewon smiled as her room door opened. "Mom" Hyewon then started sobbing. "Shhhh, everything will be okay honey." Her mother tried to calm her down while she embraces the sobbing girl. "Im sorry.." Hyewon muttered in between her hiccups. She's still crying like a child and embracing her mom as if she was clinging for dear life. "It's not your fault honey, and it will never be your fault."

 

-

 


Hyewon was still repliting on her new number but not as frequent as before. This occurance started to bother Chaeyeon. She knows Hyewon won't be this dull towards her. She was walking back from school when she stopped by a park where she and Hyewon would usually go. She approach a vending machine and started to press some buttons and out with the coke. She took a seat at a nearby bench and started drinking her precious cola. She heaves a sigh as she looked into the horizon. She saw kids playing around, running and having fun. She was having a melancholic flashback when someone tugged her shirt. "Unnie! It's you!" A kid pointed her, it was not any other kid. It was Minami. The kid she and Hyewon would always play with. "Minami-chan, How are you?" She then lift Minami and put the little girl on her lap. The girl then smiled and just made an Okay sign. 
Minami and Chaeyeon played for a couple of minutes when Minami suddenly asked something. "Unnie, did you visit Hyewon unnie coz I visited her earlier?" Chaeyeon was puzzled, visit? Why would she visit Hyewon and the last time she knows, Hyewon doesn't want guests. "I haven't visited her house yet, Minami-chan." The youngster turned her head and shook it. "Not the house, The Hospital."

 

-

 

Hyewon is now looking at a standing girl infront of her and looks like hella mad. She can't blame the girl. She's gone MIA and now she found out why. She just shrugged it off and greeted the new comer. "It's been a while. Chaeyeonie."

 

-

 

 

Chaeyeon dashed towards Hyewon's side. She was mad. Mad that Hyewon was lying to her, mad that Hyewon didn't have the balls to tell her the truth and Mad that Hyewon was in this solitary institution without her at Hyewon's side. Hyewon got startled at Chaeyeon's approach. "Why didn't you tell me" Chaeyeon asked in a voice that almost broke Hyewon's heart. Hyewon keep her composure and smiled. "I do not want to be a bother." She lightly answered while she slowly pat the space on the side of her bed. "Sit here. I've missed you ya'know." Chaeyeon let out a sigh and just followed Hyewon. She slowly approach the bed side and sit there. Hyewon then took her hands and slowly put Chaeyeon's palm on her cheeks. "I missed this warmth." Hyewon had her eyes shut as she lovingly hold Chaeyeon's wrist and feeling the warmth of her hands.The two stayed like that for a couple more minutes. "I missed you too."

 

-

 

Chaeyeon now has added something to her routine. Everyday after club and practice, she would visit the girl bring her flowers, fruits and games. Hyewon loves to olay ganes and her being a considerate "friend" brought Hyewon her favorites even tho it was against hospital rules. Chaeyeon was walking on the Uni's hallways when she heard about a new cake shop. Hyewon asked ger to not visit today but when she heard the new shop she can't help but want to surprise the latter. 
After school she manage to wait on the long lines of the shop. She got Hyewon's favorite flavor. "I hope she likes this." 

 

-

 

Chaeyeon was crying. She was scared. The way Hyewon looked inside that room only reminded her of the pain she's been through.

 

-

 

Flashback:


"Ryeongie~ I have a surprise for you" Chaeyeon was inside a room with only white colors can be seen. Inside the room a girl sitting up the bed was there happily looking at her with love in her eyes.

 

-

 

Chaeyeon tried her best to distance herself from Hyewon. She knows for a fact that things will not end well. She didn't visit the girl, or even replies on her text. She doesn't answer the calls and she doesn't even let Sakura see her.  Because of this Hyewon got frustrated. She called up Sakura and deviced a plan to escape the hospital and to her surprise it actually worked. Now Hyewon is at a park facing Chaeyeon. Since Hyewon can no longer walk she had to use a wheelchair. Chaeyeon seeing her beloved being fixed in a wheelchair broke her heart into pieces. "Are you avoiding me?" Hyewon cut to the chase. She's always been straight forward about this kinds of things. "I am not." Chaeyeon replied with an unentertained voice. She denies Hyewon's accusations. "You haven't visited or texted me for a few weeks now." Hyewon calmly stated but Chaeyeon could feel her heart was being stabbed. She doesn't want to avoid Hyewon in all honesty, but she doesn't have a choice. She's juat protecting herself. She was protecting her world again. "I was just busy." Chaeyeon's answered in boredom which made Hyewon teary. "I know it's hard for you to befriend me. Im an immobile person. I cannot blame you. But Chae. You were the one who made me come out of my shell and be the person I am now. Seeing you dead pan dropped me breaks my heart Chae. It hurts that you are avoiding me just because Im sick. I thought you were bigger than this Chae. I-" Hyewon wanted to say her feeling but restricted herself. If she does Chaeyeon would know about her feelings. About her love. Hyewon started sobbing while Chaeyeon could only stand their with hurt expressions. 
"Do you think I left you hanging because you can't walk. Im not that petty!" Chaeyeon retorted earning Hyewon's attention. "2 years ago, everything changed. I love dancing so much. It was my world. Our world. Me and my sister. We dance together. Laugh together and cry at competitions together. Dance and her was my world....Was..." Hyewon was shocked at this that it took away her capabilities to speak. A few good second and Hyewon had recollected herself. "Im sorry, I didn't know." Chaeyeon started bawling her eyes. "My sister suddenly became sickly. Doctors cannot find anything unusual. Her body just started to shut down. One night I was their. I saw how her body was trembling and she was shaking as if she was possessed. The doctors and the hospital was in panic. Her organs started to one by one, shut down. I saw it all. How they pricked her pale skin. How they continuously run tests on her, but bothing came out. Until one day I saw her lifeless. Her heart stopped pumping. Her kidney was a mess and Her liver died down. Do you know how painful it is. To see someone you really cherished and loved for almost all your life, there lifeless? I-I don't want it again. The pain. The loneliness. I don't want to experience that again! Please I've had enough of this. I have lost my sister and my world. Please I don't want to lose you too." Chaeyeon is now on her knees crying while clinging on Hyewon's pants. She was holding on to her like her life depends on it. She was holding Hyewon so tight as if Hyewon was a bird that if she loosen her grip, would fly away and never comeback. 
Hyewon's heart breaks as she saw the tears running down Chaeyeon's face. "Im sorry. You won't lose me. I will always be here, always."

 

 

Weeks turned to months. Chaeyeon received a good news. The dance club is joining a competition. She immediately relayed it to Hyewon which was well-recieved by the girl. Both of them are hapoy about the great news.

 


-

 


Hyewon got another attack and this is alarming Chaeyeon to the extent that she would skip practice to be at a Hyewon's side but the other girl pushes her away everytime while telling her to not skip an important practice especially that the competition is nearing. 

Chaeyeon is sitting at the practice room with the other dance club members when Eunbi approached her. "Chae. Why are you sulking there? Did something happened?" Chaeyeon looked at Eunbi and clung herself to the older. "Hyewon, she pushed me away again" Eunbi chuckled at the whining junior whose been clingin on her arm like a koala. "Hyewon doesn't want you to pity her. Besides she just wants what's best for you." Chaeyeon sighs and just leaned her head on Eunbi's shoulder. "I hope so unnie, I hope so."

 


-

 


Hyewon had another attack and this time she writhing in pain. Doctors had been giving her anesthetics, painkillers and other drugs to calm the pain but nothing seems to take effect. Hyewon's parents are just their crying their hearts out while they see how their daughter is being strapped down and screaming. It was a painful sight for them.

 


-

 

Chaeyeon came to visit Hyewon. After sometime away from the girl she's excited to see her that she boufht Hyewon a cake and a new game which she was wishing Hyewon would like. As she reach the hospital's entrance she started to feel something different. Something feels wrong, but she cannot point what was it, so she shrugged it off and proceed to the 3rd floor of the hospital. As she slowly approach Hyewon's room an eerie feeling surrounded her. Her heart was racing but not becuase of something flattering, more like it's racing as if she's feeling something bad is about to happen. She's now infront of Hyewon's door. 
She started to knock. There was no response. She then turned the knob and slowly peeked inside the room. There lies Hyewon. Her skin paler than ever. Her arms are full of track marks of drugs that were administered to her. She also has bruises from when they had strapped her down. The sight made her heart shatter into a million pieces. She hurriedly walk towards Hyewon's side and hold her hand. As she held Hyewon's cold hands towards her lips tears started pouring from her eyes. "Im sorry. Im sorry I can't help you with this." She started weeping like a child whose about to lose her mother. Her voice is muffled and her breath is beaing chased, when suddenly Hyewon's hand started to caress her cheeks and wipe her tears with her thumb. "Chae." Hyewon beamed a weak smile as Chaeyeon continued weeping besides her. "Hey, stop that. You look like a fully stuffed xiao long bao when you cry." As Chaeyeon heard the statement, her sobs were replaced by light chuckles. She then lightly hits Hyewon on the shoulder. Hyewon acted like she was hurt which made Chaeyeon worry. She then chuckled when she saw the girl panicking over her little act. "Yah! That's not cool." Then both started to giggle.

 


-

 


"Mrs. Kang, Hyewon has been declining the operation ever since, and if this continues it will be too late. I hope you can understand this Mrs. Kang, if she doesn't take the operation sooner. Six months, six months and that's it."

 


-

 

Hyewon and Chaeyeon's little world was interupted when Mrs. Kang entered the room. "Sweetie, can I talk to you." Mrs. Kang's expression is serious and unreadable. It almost scared Chaeyeon but Hyewon already knew what this is all about. "Mom, how many times do I have to tell you. Im not doing it!" Hyewon raised her voice and for the first time Chaeyeon heard her like that. "I-I don't mean to intrude b-but, why are you shouting at your mom, kangchan. You know that's not nice." Before Hyewon could answer Chaeyeon her mother started to utter numbers. "Six." Hyewon was puzzled. She thought her mother has gone mad. She started to hold on Chaeyeon's hands tighter. Chaeyeon averted her gaze yo a scared Hyewon. "Six months, you only have six more months" Mrs. Kang started to cry as her knees slowly touch the ground. She let her emotions eat her up. "Please, please..I don't want to lose you too." Chaeyeon jist looked at the both with eyes devoid of emotions. Her heart is in a state of confusion. Everything was blank. 

 

-

 

Today is Chaeyeon's most anticipated date. It's her competition and at the sane time Hyewon's operation. Yes you heard that right. Hyewon's operation. Hyewon agreed to it. The one who pushed her to do so was Chaeyeon. She made Hyewon realize that she's being selfish. She realized that the reason she's been declining was for her own good. She was too scared. To scared of the fact that things might end up in a disaster like her brother. Too scared that the only person her parents are clinging onto for their dear sanity would also disappear like a bubble. Too scared to face the fact that she would lose everything and too scared of the fact that she would destroy her beloved's world all over again. But she realized something. Hope is there. It may be inanimate but it's there and her love ines are clinging onto that.

 

-

 

Before Chaeyeon could go to their competition venue. She made a detour to the hospital Hyewon is admitted to. Her visit was unexpected, that's why she came with a blast. She carried a bouquet of daffodils and A cake for Hyewon. She knows fully well that Hyewon cannot eat that but still. It's the thought that counts. Chaeyeon was skipping happily towards Hyewon's room. As Chaeyeon opened the door. Her sight landed on a very nervous Hyewon. "Kwangbae you look like a mess." Hyewon just smiled and run towards Chaeyeon who was at the door with flowers on the right and a cake on the other. She leaped at Chaeyeon which caught the girl of guard that she dropped the bouquet of flowers. Luckily she did not drop the cake. "Yah! you almost trashed the cake!" Chaeyeon reprimanded Hyewon but the latter did not care. She snuggled onto Chaeyein's neck and wrapped her arms around Chaeyeon's waist. "Im happy to see you right now Chae." Hyewon mused as she tightens her hug on Chaeyeon. The latter smiled and started walking towards the hospital bed even tho Hyewon was still hugging her. As Chaeyeon started walking Hyewon pulled her back to their previous spot and everytime Chaeyeon tried to walk Hyewon would pull them back to square one. This act frustrated Chaeyeon a little. That's why she resosrted into doing something unexpected. She asked Hyewon to pit her arms aroung her shoulder. Hyewon was a little bit confused but still did what she was told to. Before she wraps her arms on Chaeyeon, the girl raised her hand gesturing Hyewon to wait. She then put the cake down on the floor after that she made an ok sign and let Hyewon do her business. When she felt Hyewon was stable enough she suddenly crouched a little bit and slid her right arm on Hyewon's legs while her left was assisting Hyewon's back. After that she lift the latter and bride carry her make Hyewon flustered. "H-hey! What are you doing." Hyewon slightly slap Chaeyeon's shoulder lightly which the latter just laugh at. When they reached the bed. Chaeyeon made Hyewon sit on the bed side. "Kangchan." Chaeyeom called softly as she hold Hyewon's hands "Im gonna win that trophy. Im going back here with the win and I'll present to you my prize. So promise me you too will hold on and do your best okay." Chaeyeon then fetched something on her coat's pocket. "this is a matching necklace. One for you and one for me. So even tho Im not here by your side you would still feel my presence." Chaeyeon looked lovingly at the necklaces. "Here." she then put it on Hyewon and smiled from ear to ear. "You look beautiful."

 

-

 

The competition is now starting and Hyewon's operation is too. Chaeyeon clamed her breathing and rememver her promise to Hyewon. "OKAY! LETS GO!"

 

-

 

it was Chaeyeon's groups turn to perform. The thumping in her chest has now become louder. "time to take that home. For Kangchan." Chaeyein then smiled as she approached the stage.

 

-

 

Hyewon is now undergoing her operations. Doctors had put her in general anesthesia. Oxygen was then put on her face and then and there doctors satrted cutting through her skin.

 

-

 

Chaeyeon's group performance is nearing it's . She was really giving it her all like she promised Hyewon. The light suddenly turned off during their stage and suddenly a spolight focuses on Chaeyeon. She started dancing gracefully, full of passion and emotion. She closed her eyes to imagine Hyewon sitting in the crowd smiling at her and being proud. She saw how Hyewon was clapping her hand in glee. She opened her eyes when suddenly the surrounding changed. She's in a park still dancing to the song's beat. A person started to approach her. It was Hyewon. They were dancing together. Hyewon smiling at her like she was her world. Chaeyeon could only release tears as they continued to sway with the music. She could feel Hyewon's touches and how soft and gentle they are. As the music and their dance approach its final rendezvous Chaeyeon wanted to clung onto Hyewon but the girl refuse to do so. She shook her head and continued dancing. Before it ends Hyewon caresses Chaeyeon's cheek and wipe her tears. She put her forehead on Chaeyeon's and whispered inaudible words. As the music dies, Chaeyeon slowly closes her eyes and when she opened it she was greeted by a stage. After the music has ended and the audience made an uproar she was left there with tears falling continuously.

 

-

 

It's been 2 years since they have won the competition. They are now bidding their seniors goodbye. Since Eunbi is graduating Chaeyein had took over her position as the club's Leader and President. The members gladly accepted Eunbi's decisions. 

It was almost sun down. Sakura called Chaeyeon to meet up. It's been like forever since they had a chance to meet each other. Even tho they go to the same Uni. They have different classes which is hard to match with the others. 

"Jjaeyeon!" Sakura called out. Somethings really don't change at all and Chaeyeon is grateful for that. She approach Sakura and gave her a warm hug which the latter reciprocated. "What is it you want to talk about?" Sakura smiled at her bestfriend. Chaeywon never changes. She still loves cutting into the chase. "Hyewon." Sakura gave out a melancholic smile. Chaeyeon was surprised. She haven't heard that name for months. "What is it about Kangchan?" Chaeyeon smiled at Sakura as if she was reminiscing something. Sakura then fetched something from her pocket. 
It was a key with a piece of paper. The paper had a map drawn into it. "What is this?" Chaeyeon asked, even tho she know for a fact what those things are and what she should do about it. Sakura patted her on the shoulder and caressed her cheeks. "Hyewon gave that to me 2 years ago. She wanted you to have it." Sakura smiled again. She was about to say so.ething when her phone rang. "oooh..excuse me." She spoke to the caller for a few minutes. "Sorry about that. Jjae, can we move the dinner some other time. Minju just called me and is asking for something." Chaeyeon smirked at her bestfriend and latched her arm on Sakura's neck. "You can't hide it from me. You're dating Minju. Right?" Sakura's eyes widen at the statement and lightly pushed Chaeyeon away. "Yah! H-how did you!!?" Before Sakura could even utter another word her phone rang again "Aish! We'll talk about this some other time." Chaeyeon just stood there waving Sakura goodbye while the latter is running her way to her car.

 

-

 

Chaeyeon got out from a cab and started walking towards the address written on the piece of paper Sakura gave her. She slowly walked up the front porch of the house and rang the doorbell. To her dismay, no one answered. She thought that maybe the people already moved out, until she realizes that Sakura also gave her a pair of keys. Shw tried the first key but it did not fit. She tried the second one amd it slid so easily. She then turned the key then next was the knob. She carefully walked inside and on a cupboard she saw a wooden frame standing on top of it. It was a family picture of Hyewon's. Tears started to brim on her eyes but she holded it in. She atrted to walk towards the stairs and climb up the second floor. There where three rooms but she approached the room near the terrace exit. She just felt that, that was the room she needed to take a look of. She approach the mahogany colored door.it was locked. She fetch rhe key from her pocket and use it to open the door. As she turms the key to unlock the knob, she felt light. Ir was as if something was urging her to enter. As she opens the room's door she was greeted with a Light blue colored walls with a cork board hanging on the side with pictures pinned on it. Chaeyeon walked up to the board and saw their pictures together. She notice that every picture had a deep pleasant meaning to both of them, like the one where they raced for the Uni's 400m relay becuase it was sports day. They won the gold medal. Their was also this picture where in they where eating fried chicken together. Chaeyeon chuckled as she remembers what Hyewon did that night. She poke the chicke using the disposable chopstick and use the other as a knife but unfortunately her chopstick broke and luckily enough they still have spares or Hyewon would seriously be eating with bare hands. All the pleasant memories comes rushing back at her. She satrted to scan the room and her gaze landed on a study table near the window. There was an envelop on top of it with 'For Chaeyeonie' written on it. Chaeyeon picked it up and opened the letter. She was reading it when suddenly tears started to fall from her eyes. 

"To Chaeyeonie~
Hello there, it's me your trusty Kwangbae~. You are probably reading this right now (apparently). So let me be a little bit corny here. Let me start from the beginning for you to understand.
When I was in high school, I was seriously a sickly little nerd. You wouldn't believe that I was that person before.(Hahahahahh, oh god. Im embarrassing myself) I was actually losing the will to survive and live a great life until I watched this dance competition. Then and there I saw you. You were shinnung like no other, and the way you dance. It just made me realize that life may be hard but if you do things you love then it might ease the hardships even for a little bit. After I saw your dance, I swore to myself that I will find the right hobby for me to captire everything, and guess what. That's the reason I was in photography. I wanted to capture you every step of the way. But things are not good for me. After that competition and finding that passion my illness started to materialize and I was comfined for more than 1 year. (imagine eating those bland tasting food, it's disgusting🤮 )I was losing hope again when I suddenly had an Idea one day. I snuck out of the hospital and ran myself into the nearby park. I was with my trusty canvas and paints back then. You might be wondering right, why I have paint and canvass. Well you see I also have a hobby when Im bored at the hospital it's painting. Yup I really like painting. So getting back. I snuck out with my trusty things and sat myself under the shade of a big oak tree. And then and there I saw you. You were dancing gracefully but with a melancholic expression. I don't know what happened but it pains me to see you that way. Also you looked at my direction that day and you seriously smiled at me. I hope you can recall that or maybe not. I look different that day. After a week or so my hospital allowed me to go to Uni. You might be wondering why Uni she hasn't even gradiated Highschool. Well I was home schooled. So back again. I got myself into Uni that my parents prefer me to be and by all chance I thought I was lucky coz you were there and you were also in the same course. The moment you entered that room. The moment I saw you walking inside. The moment i took that very first shot. I know I have to do something to get you to notice me. Im sorry Chae, this is the first time Im telling this. I hope you can forgive me. Im sorry. I made a little white lie to benefit me. I told you I like her. I like Miyawaki Sakura. That was the lie. I said it for you to notice me. Again Im sorry, and Im grateful to you. You treat me as if I was special, as if Im someone who deserves everything. You treat me as who I am. Not a fragile glass but a person. Thank you Chae. 

Thank you."


Chaeyeon started to fall from.her knees. She cannot contain the tears anymore. It all came coming back that day, 2 years ago. The day she made a promise to win the competition. The day she won and recieved the trophy. The day she run towards the hospital in glee. The day she saw Hyewon's parents in tears. The day that broke her heart again into a million pieces. The day Hyewon cannot keep her end of the promise. The day Hyewon died.
Her tears keep flowing like a raging river. Her emotions are flowing as she muffled her cries of pain. The paper she was holding is now wet in tears. She looke through it again and stare at it as if her whole world was there, No it really is her world the one who wrote is was her world. Was..

 

-

 

It's been an hour or so Chaeyeon had calmed herself down. She again looked at the paper wet with tears. She again started to sniffle. "idiot. You made sure I had the time to move on before you let me see this." Chaeyeon beamed a weak smile at the paper. She was about to stand up when her hand felt something. It was another paper folded in to a tiny square. She picked it up and gave it a read.


"By the Way. Chaeyeonie
On the first drawer of that study table of mine there is a key. I want you to get it then under my bed there is a big wodden chest. Use the key to open the lock I have something there that I hope you'll like.
XOXO"


Chaeyeon approached the study table. She slowly caressed the top of it amd smiled. "I have never imagined you would use this to study. You always doze off in class." She chuckled a bit when she remembers Hyewon's cute face while dozing off. She started to move closer and open the first drawer. There she saw a little red box with a note saying 'OPEN ME'. "cute." Chaeyeon smiled and opened the box, in there lies a key. She slowly approach Hyewon's bed a crouch to lower herself. She then reach under the bed and seconds later pulled out the wooden chest Hyewon mentioned in her letter. Her heart started to race. She was beginning to get a little nervous. "okay, time to see what you got here." Chaeyeon heaves a deep breath and unlocked the chest. The firat thing she saw was a white cloth that was covering something rectangular. She took the cloth and folded it neatly the carefull set it aside. After that a canvass facing backwards greeted her. There was another folded paper resting on it. She took the paper and opened it. 

"You finally found me! This is my surprise to you. Im planning on giving this to you personally on after your competition but if you are reading this letter then that means My time ended sooner. Hey, I know you are crying so can you stop it. You'll look like a fully stuffed xiao long bao again! (hihihi) anyways 
I wish you all the great things in life and Im sorry I did not make it. Here's a little gift for you. I hope you'll love it as much as I love doing it for you~
Always take care Chae. Be free. I will forever look out for you. 
Love,
Kang Hyewon."


Chaeyeon smiled at Hyewon's little letter she wanted to cry but stopped herself. She then picked up the canvass and flipped it. There she saw a painting of her. She was standing with the beam of light illuminating her. Hyewon did a great job with the portrait the it looked so realistic. Her tears started to fall again as she put the canvas near her. She started hugging it like her life depends on it. 
"You idiot."


She whispered inbetween her sniffles. She then looked back at the chest and saw a camera. It was Hyewon's a little paper was attached to the camera strap.
"You are probably getting annoyed with all this paper right. Sorry about that. Promise this is the last paper. 
Here is my Camera. It's precious to me and you too is a precious jewel to me so I want you to keep it. Please I beg you do not destroy my baby! I know when you get upset you somehow throw things. So please do not do that to my baby, or should I say our baby.(hahahahaha) but kidding aside. I want you to keep it. I have all our memories there. The good times, the bad times and even the embarrassing times, also there is a note diary under my bed foam. Take it. You can read that everytime you miss me. 
Again, Chae. Im sorry I didn't make it to see you grow and be who you really are again on that stage. Im really sorry. I know it's been so long but I just wanted to tell you this.
Congratulations Chae. I knew you could do it.
I love You."

Chaeyeons tears yet again fell from her eyes. But the tears right now aren't of pain. It was more of an acceptance. She only needed this to fully accept everything. She knows she was prepared about this thing years ago but she was to scared of letting go. Now it's time. She needs to free herself for Hyewon. This was all she needed. Hyewon's words was all she ever needed all this past years. She picked up the camera and there she saw their picture. Their last picture together. She beamed a bright smile with tears still streaming down. She then approaches Hyewon's bed and reached under the foams. She pulled out Hyewon's diary and look at it with loving eyes. 
"idiot"

-

'THE ADVENTURES OF HYEWON AND HOW SHE MANAGE TO GET THE GIRL SHE LIKES NOTICE HER'
(That was the title of Hyewon's diary^)

-

Atlast! After 3 days Im done with this. It really took me time to write this. I also did major revisions and time skips for this oneshot that is hella long😭😭
I was abput to post this last night since it was my birthday but I fell a sleep..huhuhuhuhu..anyways I hope you guys would enjoy this as much as I enjoyed writing this hella long one shot~
Also advance thank you for reading. 
Special mention to zee~, as promised bro I made you a kangchaen fic~
Hope ya like it.