fin

Ashore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How are you feeling, Chul?"

 

"I'm fine."

 

 

 

 

 

Leeteuk walked weakly towards the seashore, each step he took, he felt that his feet sank more and more in the cold sands. The sun had set in the afar, painting the sky orange tinged with reddish shine which was reflected beautifully by the wide ocean. The water was glimmering as it rested in the dusk glow although the sheen slowly faded along with the fallen of the sun.

 

 

 

 

 

"Does it hurt?"

 

"No. The chemotherapy wasn't as bad as what they said. The only bad thing is my hair starts to fall off. You still love me, right? Even though, I may be bald someday?"

 

 

 

 

 

His small giggle was still vivid in his ears as if he were hearing it now. The smile never deceased from his pale complexion. He went farther until he reached the seaside. The wave sounded so calming, snoozing as it raced to reach the shore. His breath hitched, a rush of emotions clogged his throat. His fingertips and toes went numb from the coldness yet it never scared him. He took a determined step forward, letting the wave hit his feet, sinking them deeper.

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you tired?"

 

"Honestly? I'm so tired. But then again, I have to survive and battle my damn illness because My Leeteuk always waits for me. Are you tired, Teukie?"

 

 

 

 

 

The wave crashed the big rocks making small majestic blasts. He eyed the scene tiredly. Part of him wanted the sea to crush him so that he would no longer feel the pain. When he came here that night, the atmosphere was as gloomy as it was right now. The waves were hesitantly crawling towards him as if they wanted to ask whether he was okay. That night, he knew he would never be okay again; not when he lost what he dearly clung onto. That night, the sound of the gurgling waves were unable to muffle his desperate scream. He knew they wanted to respect his world crumbling down, daring not to disturb him from being engulfed in sorrow.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter