Prologue/One

Me & You

P R O L O G U E / O N E

 

Hara's beloved mother passed away last year, and her father remarried another woman this year.

She hated the idea of her father who's trying to replace her beloved mother by marrying another person.

That is when she decided to move out of the house. But, the life outside of her mansion.....is definitely not something easy.

Hara ruffled her hair in frustration, "Aishhhhh"

She left her wallet somewhere and the problem is she doesn't remember where. 

"Ok ok, calm down Hara. You're a smart girl, you'll find a solution definitely." She her hair. 

Then, she saw a pawn shop right straight in front of her. Then an idea popped up in her head. 

She dragged the huge luggage with her and waited until the pedestrian traffic light turns green. And when it does, she walked towards the pawn shop. 

The windchime rang when she entered the shop and the owner greeted her politely, "Welcome"

Hara was wearing a pair of Dior shades.

"Hi miss, what can I help you?"

Hara took off her ring and offered it to the owner, "How much can I get from this?"

The owner took the ring and look at it carefully, "I need to weigh it first yea"

"Kay"

The owner weighs and observes the ring in detail. It's an expensive diamond ring, but then she looked at Hara who dressed up like an heiress and looks like she knows nothing about diamonds and rings.

"Miss, this is an old design so, the highest I can give you is 500$"

Hara is shocked by the price that the owner offered because as far as she knows, the ring worth almost 3000$ and the owner offered her not even close to half.

"Yah old geezer, are you kidding me? This ring cost around 3000$ and you give me what? 500$?? That's not even close to half!!" 

"As I told you, the design is old and there are few a little scratches around here and there. So, 500$ or you can just leave." 

Hara is an intelligent girl, and she at least knows that much. But, she is so desperate for money right now as she lost her wallet and all her money and credit card were in there. And plus, she just ran away from home like about less than 2 hours so how can she called her dad for rescue? That's embarrassing! 

She starts to bite her nails off, it's her bad habit whenever she felt nervous or pressured.

"Okay, 500$" Hara finally agreed.

The owner gave her the money and Hara started counting it one by one, very precisely.

"If you add the necklace you're wearing, I can give you around 1500$" the owner added.

Hara glares at the owner as if she wanted to punch him in the face if he opens his mouth again.

"This necklace right here worth a Gangnam, ok! How dare you offer 1500$ for this."

She put all the money in her LV handbag and dragged her luggage, leaving the shop.

"Ugh, that old scammer! He already old enough and looks like can die tomorrow or later, but still dare to scam people. Darn it! I can't even check-in a 5-star hotel for a week with 500$ !!!!! Ugh, this is annoying!!!!!!!!!"

Then, she bumped into a guy.

"Ah."

"Sorry! Are you okay?"

Hara glares at him, "I'm not in a good mood right here, are you walking with your eyes or with your knee, huh?!"

"Sorry sorry"

"Don't you know who I am? I AM KWON HARA FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!! Ah! Why do I keep meeting useless and annoying people today? Ah, annoying annoying!"

"Kwon Hara?" the guy asked.

"What do you want?!"

"Hye, I'm Jungkookie! Mrs. Jeon's son, the maid of your mother" he said excitedly.

"Who?"