Done

We are just a friend

LIA’S HOUSE 

 

"Ya-Ryujin! Wait for meeee!!", Lia said after quickly ties her shoelace.

 

"Pali-wa! We're going to be late!", Ryujin said while turning her back to Lia.

 

Lia quickly run to Ryujin and hooked her arms around Ryujin's. And they walk to the school together. 

 

ITZY HIGH SCHOOL 🎓 

 

”Ms Shin, are you listening to what I'm teaching in front?”, Mr Park Chanyeol asked. However, Ryujin is busy listening to song using her ear pods and watching the view outside the class window. 

 

Lia who is sitting beside Ryujin quickly tapped her. Ryujin looked at Lia and smiled at her while asking ”What?” she whispered to Lia. Then, she saw Lia awkwardly pointed to the white board. She looked around and saw the whole class is looking at her. 

 

Damn. She's in trouble.

 

”Ms Shin, I will see you after class. Come to my office. Class dismissed”, he said and shake his head. 

 

”I told you to focus in class!” Lia slapped Ryujin’s arms. Ryujin hissed. 

 

”Its okay. It's not like I can't handle it. The usual”, Ryujin said while packing her bag. 

 

”I will wait for you, okay?”, Lia said to Ryujin. 

 

”You don't have to, babe”, Ryujin argue.

 

”But, I want tooooo~”, Lia plead while pouting.

 

”Aish! Arassoooo. You go to the library first, okay? I will meet you there!”, Ryujin said while messing Lia’s hair. And, both of them walk towards their own destination.

 

Let's not fall in love.

 

PARK NEAR THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD 

 

”Lia, are you even listening to what I say?”, Ryujin asked. 

 

”Hmmm? What? Sorry Ryujin~ There is this one boy and my sister had give my number to him?”, Lia said while typing on the phone. 

 

”WHAT! HOWWW COME I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS?”, Ryujin glared at Lia.

 

Lia is fidgeting on her seat. She hold Ryujin arm and try to calm her down. But, Ryujin quickly stormed out.

 

IN THE CLASSROOM

 

”Can you listen to me, please?” Lisa asked while holding a lollipop in front of Ryujin’s face. 

 

Ryujin just ignored her and lay her head down and pretending to sleep. 

 

”I’m not going out with him, you know? It's just because it's my sister friend and it's just rude to turn him down too early”, Lia explained to Ryujin while opening the plastic wrap of the lollipop. 

 

After she done opening the plastic wrap, she was about to put the lollipop into when suddenly Ryujin hold her hand and put the lollipop into her own mouth. Ryujin grinned and smile towards Lia. 

 

”Peace?”

 

”Peace.”

 

Because I'm yours, I'm always yours.

 

They are walking towards the school gate while looking at the surrounding.

 

”Ryujin, do you see Taeyeon and Tiffany sunbae there?”, Lia asked.

 

Ryujin took a glance at them and then continue looking at her phone back playing games. 

 

”Hmm. Why?”, Ryujin asked and looked at Lia. 

 

”Look at them holding hands. It's either they are really best friend or they are dating? Hmm”, Lia said.

 

”Is it weird?”, Ryujin stop walking and turned to Lia. 

 

”I think it's not weird. But, it's not normal. A bit weird, but it's okay. Why do you ask?”, Lia asked Ryujin.

 

"Aniyaa, just curious. Hehe", Ryujin said while running from Lia. The girls had been running to catch each other while walking back home. 

 

"Yaaaaa! Shin Ryujin! I know you play basketball but that doesnt mean you can run away from me!", Lia said while running to catch Ryujin.

 

"Hahahaha come and get me then!" Ryujin merong to Lia. Suddenly, Ryujin hear something drop. When she looked back, she saw that Lia is sitting while holding her ankle in pain. 

 

"Lia, are you okay?", Ryujin quickly when to Lia and check her ankle. Ryujin continue to check Lia's ankle until she didnt see how close they are. 

 

Lia's hold her erratic beating heart. 

 

”Ouch!”, Lia shout when Ryujin’s trying to move her leg left right. Lia try hold back her tears but it was too much. Ryujin hugged her tight and patted her head. 

 

"Don't cry, Princess. You look ugly”, Ryujin playfully said.

 

”Aish, so annoying!”, Lia said while slapping Ryujin arms.

 

Then, she saw Ryujin squatted in front of her.

 

”Come on, princess! Hop on my back.” Ryujin said while moving her backpack to the front. 

 

Then, Lia hop on Ryujin’s back and continue their way to their neighborhood. 

 

”I’m sorry”, Ryujin said. 

 

”Why?”, Lia asked.

 

”I was so immature. I'm sorry. If I hadn't start the chassing thing maybe you would not fall down and hurt you ankle.” Ryujin said while looking down. 

 

”No, it's okay. Anyway, if I didn't fall down today. Then I didn't get to hop into Ryujin Express (like a transport)”, Lia giggled while tightening her grip on Ryujin’s broad shoulder.

 

Nothing last forever.

 

RYUJIN HOUSE

 

They are at Ryujin’s House alone. This is because Ryujin’s parent have move to New York to handle the business. So, Ryujin is always alone in her house. But, Lia always come to Ryujin’s house to prepare food for her best friend.

 

”Wow, smells good!”, Ryujin said while rubbing her eye. She just woke up.

 

”In the kitchen, Ryujin-ah!”, said Lia while preparing Big Breakfast for Ryujin.

 

”Coming, boss!”, she said while she go to the bathroom and take a shower.

 

Ryujin walked to Lia, while holding her small towel she still drying her hair while she already wearing her basketball jersey because she have a practice this morning for the upcoming game. 

 

As she arrived at the kitchen, she saw lia is wearing her basketball jersey while her hair tying up to a bun. Showing her delicious white neck. Ryujin walk towards Lia quietly and sneaking up to wrap her arms around Lia's waist. 

 

”You know that I can just go breakfast with Seulgi unnie later on, right?”, Ryujin asked Lia’s while resting her head on her shoulder. 

 

Ba dump. Ba dump.

 

”Yy-yeah. But I still want to cook for you! So that you can focus on your training. Arasso?”, Lia said. 

 

”Hmm, okay”, Ryujin nodded weakly.

 

”Yaa, gwenchana? Are you okay?”, Lia said while turning around. 

 

Bad move. They are now only inches away from each others lips. She look at Ryujin eyes but she seem to be interested in Lia's lips instead. They are getting closer and closer. Lia close her eyes but to only hear the stove in the kitchen had been turned off. 

 

”Lets eat. I have to be there in half an hour, Jisu-yah”, Ryujin said while heading towards the kitchen bar. 

 

”Okay”, Lia said. 

 

After the awkward event, they said goodbye to each other and part their own ways as Ryujin go to the basketball practice and Lia go back to her house.

 

BASKETBALL PRACTICE 

 

”Shin Ryujin! Get your head in the game!”, Coach Kang Seulgi scream at Ryujin. 

 

”Yes, Coach!”, Ryujin said while trying to focus but her mind wandering about the kitchen event that happen in the morning. 

 

Come on Ryujin. Focus. Lia is just your best friend. Best friend. Nothing more. 

 

BAMMMMMM

 

”Ouch”, Ryujin said while holding her now bleeding head because the ball had hit the back of her head and make her stumbled upon the pole at the basketball court.

 

”Ryujin-ah, I know you're having a problem right now. You're the leader. The captain. So, you should be a good example. Not like this. Therefore, I want you to go back and fix this whatever problem you have. And come back tomorrow okay?”, Coach said while petting her back. 

 

Ryujin nooded and take her bag and ride her motorcycle back to her home. After she arrived, she feel light headed and rest at the sofa at the living room. 

 

A few hours later

 

”Ryujin-ah. Are you okay?”, she feel someone squished her face. 

 

”Huh? Lia? Why do you come here?”, Ryujin mumbled.

 

”Seulgi unnie. She told Irene unnie just now. And, Irene unnie told me. I mean of course we are sister”, Lia said while looking at Ryujin’s face.

 

”Does it hurt?” Lia asked while gently holding Ryujin’s face to inspect the cut on her head.

 

”Nope, I'm okay just a little bit light headed”, Ryujin looked down on her lap. 

 

”I’m gonna put some ointments okay?”, Lia said while preparing the ointments.

 

”Alright”, Ryujin said. 

 

Ryujin is seated on the sofa while tilting her head. Lia is sitting on the couch but on her knees because of her height differences with Ryujin. 

 

Lia slowly put the ointment at Ryujin’s forehead. She saw that Ryujin’s is closing her eyes and frowning. Ryujin is not the kind of person who will look weak in front of others. 

 

”Ouch!”, Ryujin shouted and Ryujin’s hands quickly went to hold Lia’s shirt on her waist as she try to endure the pain.

 

Lia continue to put the ointments at Ryujin’s head. 

 

”Babe, you know just now at the practice. Seulgi unnie said that I didn't focus at the training as my mind is running somewhere else”, Ryujin said slowly.

 

”Ahh-really? Why? What's bothering you, stupid?”, Lia said sarcastically.

 

It's now or never, Shin Ryujin.

 

Ryujin pushed Lia to her lap. Both of Ryujin’s hand is encircling Lia’s waist. While Lia’s hand is on her shoulder, Ryujin said, ”Its you. You're my problem. I can help it Lia. I have been keeping this feeling for so long. After what happen this morning, I can help to imagine how good your beautiful lips on top of mine. How I can wake up everyday but having to call you as my girlfriend not best friend. I know you may not accept my confession but it's okay at least I have let it out.”

 

”I like you, Lia. Do you feel the same way too?”, Ryujin asked while looking at Lia.

 

”Aish pabo! What took you so long! I like you too, stupid”, Lia said while hitting Ryujin’s arms. 

 

Then, Ryujin caught Lia hands at put it at her shoulder as Lia encircled it between Ryujin’s neck and Ryujin circled her arm around Lia’s waist and they kissed.

 

Now, they are still best friend but forever. Forever and ever.