Final

A picture of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ahn Yujin’s POV

“… that’s why she asked me to clean the- Yujin?”

My eyes slowly fell on Wonyoung, who was still talking to me.

“Are you listening?” My friend asked, a frown on her face.

I opened my mouth to talk, but my lie wouldn’t come out. I was not listening. An angel caught my attention in the middle of the subway. She was here, standing a few meters away from me. Her hair was pink. She looked around like a lost puppy.

“Huh, wait.”

I knew it was kind of weird to do that, but I couldn’t help it. I pulled out my phone, taking a quick snap of her. She looked at me at the same time, the photo must be perfect. But then, at the moment I clicked on the red button, a white light went out from my phone. It was the camera flash. The girl and I’s gaze met. She didn’t say anything, she was gaping. I heard Wonyoung laugh next to me. I couldn’t move, panicked and frozen.

“You! Stupid kiddos!” A girl a little smaller than her yelled at me.

She reached me, but her pretty friend wasn’t moving from an inch. She stopped right in front of me, her face didn’t show any anger, but her aura was definitely scary.

“Sorry…?” I managed to say, gulping.

“Just delete that. I don’t want you to do weird things with my friend’s photo.”

I cast a quick glance at Wonyoung. She was still laughing so loud. Half of the subway looked at me. I was so embarrassed. I was stunned by who I just saw. I was going to delete the picture, my hands trembling when a sweet voice stopped me in my track.

“T-Thank you, Hyewon-unnie.”

“You should be more careful Minjoo-ah…”

I didn’t want to delete that snap. That girl, Minjoo, she looked so beautiful. I was stunned only by looking at that picture. I felt people passing next to me. The subway stopped.

“They’re distracted! Run! Now!” Wonyoung shouted, dragging me far from the older girls.

I even didn’t dare to look behind me. I ran away with my all might, going through the passengers. I knew that, deep down, I wanted to keep the snap. I was kind of thankful to my best friend.

 

Kim Minjoo’s POV

“Are we going to let them go?” Hyewon asked with a slight pout on her lips.

I stared at the soon-closed door and sighed.

“They must be gone already.” I honestly spoke before looking back at my friend.

“Aren’t you angry?”

I let out a sigh. Of course, I was. I didn’t like the idea of a stranger having my picture on her phone. But what could I do now? Nothing.

“It’s not important.” I finally answered, a slight smile on my lips.

“If you say so… By the way, are you going to Chaeyeon’s birthday party?”

“Of course. Are you?” I asked back. “There will be cake.”

“I- Who do you think am I? I know there will be cake.”

I let out a soft giggle. That girl was really something.

I spent my afternoon with Hyewon, we went to some shopping before taking a rest in a lovely café. It had been a while since I hung out with her. Hours were passing quicker than I thought, and it was already time for me to go home. This morning accident came back to my mind. Deep down, I hoped to meet that girl again. To tell her to delete that picture of course!

 

 

Ahn Yujin’s POV

What was it again? Strawberry? Blueberry? I couldn’t remember what my friend told me. I kept looking for that juice bottle in the supermarket. I stepped back, but I bumped into someone. I turned around, ready to apologise.

“You-”

It was the girl from the subway, from two weeks ago, Minjoo. I recollected my thoughts to be able to talk. I was glad to see her again, but at the same time, I was scared.

“I need to go.” I almost shouted.

“Delete that picture.” Her voice didn’t sound angry or cold, it felt just like an order.

I made out Wonyoung behind the girl, she was looking at me, a smirk on her lips. I knew that look. She planned to do something foolish. She showed me a thump up. The next second, she rushed to Minjoo, pushed her shoulder and made her lost her balance.

 

Kim Minjoo’s POV

I felt something bumping into me. Everything happened too fast for me. A pair of warm arms held my body while I gripped something very tightly.

“Are you okay?” I heard the puppy girl’s voice asking me.

I opened my eyes. My hand slowly released her hoodies, and I felt the heat on my face. I never felt so embarrassed in my whole life.

“Yujin, stop flirting.”

I immediately recognised the other girl from the subway. Yujin stepped back but remained close to me, her eyes locked with mine.

“I’m not flirting, Wonyoung.”

“W-What do you think you’re doing?” I stuttered, the blush evident on my face. “Delete this stupid picture and let me alone.”

“Wait, I-” She pouted, looking away from my eyes.

I bit my lips, this girl was getting on my nerves. It was enough. I pushed her to make her move back. I quickly distinguished the stunned look on her face. I stared at the floor, not wanting to show the tears building in my eyes. And then, I left.

I didn’t care if she kept that picture. She could do whatever she wanted to. I just wanted some peace, my normal peaceful life.

“Minjoo! Wait!” The puppy shouted, but she didn’t move. “Minjoo! I-”

 

Ahn Yujin’s POV

“And here you go.” Wonyoung chuckled while I glared at her. “It’s your fault. You messed up.”

“She is beautiful.” I said, not paying much attention to what my friend was saying. “Wonyoung!” I almost yelled in the shop. “We need to find a present for Chae’s birthday.” She quickly nodded, her both hands on her hips.

I couldn’t get Minjoo out of my head. I still had the picture from the subway on my phone. I didn’t want to erase it. And I wasn’t a ert or anything! Minjoo was just too pretty to be forgotten or erased. Even though she must have felt kind of harassed by a fifteen-year-old girl. I wasn’t even a flirt. Not usually. I was more the invisible type of girl. Surprising, right? I didn’t know where my sudden boldness came from when I was with Minjoo. I just felt like I wanted to see her again right now.

Wonyoung and I eventually found a present for our friend. And we were late, so late. The party was today. What can of friends buy a gift on the very day? Wonyoung and I clearly. But we had something, and that was all that mattered. We got a call from Eunbi when we were on our way to the party. I was too busy stammering on the phone, she hung up. Angry Korean woman in coming, I thought. And I was far from being wrong.

Wonyoung had barely had time to knock on the door that Eunbi burst toward us. She frowned, ready to break our necks.

“I sent you to buy the juice. The freaking orange juice. It was your only task!” Eunbi kind of yelled when we stepped in the place. “You spent two hours in the mall for something you forget!”

“In our defence, we got distracted.” Wonyoung dared to speak at the fuming Eunbi in front of us.

 

Kim Minjoo’s POV

I never saw Eunbi running to the door at that pace before. I was sitting in the living room with Chaeyeon, Hyewon and Sakura. My best friend was fidgeting nervously next to me. It didn’t go unnoticed by the birthday’s girl.

“Do you want a piece of cake, Hyewon-unnie?”

“No!”

Sakura choked on her drink, coughing violently at Hyewon’s answer. I blinked several times and stared at my best friend.

“Are you sick?” Chaeyeon asked, ready the check her forehead. I surpassed a giggle when I remembered something.

“She’s sick for Chaewon-unnie.” I said while Hyewon’s face turned in a shade of red that I’ve never seen before.

“Are you telling me Hyewon likes Chaewon more than cake?” Sakura’s tone was surprised, she was almost gaping at the news.

“Something like tha-” I started answering, but I was interrupted by Eunbi, yelling at the people on the doorsteps.

“Give me one good reason not to slam the door in your faces!”

I put my drink down, sharing a panicked look with my friends.

“I think I’ll check on them.” And I left.

I discovered a fuming Eunbi, standing in front of two tall young girls. Was it a nightmare? I think so, yeah.

“Mi-Mi-Mi-Minjoo?” Yujin stuttered while all the gazes were on me. “You know what, Eunbi-unnie? I’ll go back to buy this juice, like right now.” Yujin turned around and started leaving.

“You come bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter