Chapter 1

Safe Haven: Book 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

 

 

A hyper kid is cheerfully playing on a slide, making his white shirt turn dirty. That was Chanyeol, one of the wildest yet energetic and friendly kid you could easily spot on a kindergarten school. Aside from being active and having many friends, he was also tall that makes his appearance over the crowd more noticeable.

 

 

 

 

 

The busy playground is full of laughters, shouts followed by giggles, running and playing and more. Everyone is seemingly happy—except for a particular kid who's  a sobbing mess bullied by a group of spoiled brats in a corner.

 

 

 

 

While Chanyeol was trudging towards the stairs leading to the slides with a grin plastered on his face, something out of the corner of his eye caught his attention. Instead of sprinting towards the playground, his feet led him to a bunch of kids who are laughing and pointing at something that he couldn't seem to spot on his location . He doesn't know what are they pointing at, but as soon as he decided to peek in the group of his fellow mates, his eyebrows automatically furrowed, and the innocent grin suddenly vanished from his young face as he looked on the smallest kid he had ever seen in the kindergarten being bullied.

 

 

 

"H-Help! P-please, a-anyone..." Baekyun cried in desperation to get out of there but he was cornered with those bratty, bully kids.

 

 

Chanyeol immediately felt bad as he witnessed the kid pout and sob pitifully.

 

 

Nibbling from the insides of his mouth, his legs led him to the centre where the kid was standing. He saw the little kid who's crying, asking for help. The crying midget was clutching down the ends of his shirt, trying to cover his brown, above the knee shorts and being a concerned creature Chanyeol is,— he got closer to examine the kid's apologetically embarrassed and scared facial expression with his small chest heaving and his shoulders trembling.

 

 

 

 

"I—I just wanna go h-home!" The small kid sobbed as he begged, pleading in shame and in fear as his wet eyes landed on Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

From there he realized that the little one who was bullied had peed on his own, judging the wet patch on his crumpled pastel shorts. Chanyeol sighed. His heart tugged a little bit because of the smaller one's expression. He faced the annoying bullies only to flash his sharp glare from the bratty kids. His jaw tightened in his accord as he felt annoyed and triggered. He can't bear to see someone who's incapable of fighting for theirselves getting hurt.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol is taller than most of the other kids and so he could easily scare the other smaller brats and bullies. He stomped and made a soldier posture. His features as a kid only shows that he had been under a good care and a wealthy family basing from how he looked and dressed. The little group of bullies looked at each other and shut their mouths. Young Chanyeol breathed deeply, closed his eyes and moved a step forward and shouted loud enough to startle the brats.

 

 

 

 

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" He bursted out, eyes flickering sharply. His own saliva showering the other kids due to his loud and reverberating yell. Even the midget who is sniffling behind him got startled and immediately jolted backwards from his original spot.

 

 

 

Some of the kids crammed and stepped away. Disgusted from the showered saliva that Chanyeol made. But of course some is dumb enough to not back away.

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked behind him. He needed to look down to see how unusually short Baekhyun was for a kindergarten schooler. The poor boy who was now crouching on the ground with his arms wrapped around his knees. His head bowed down as he hid his pinkish wet face.

 

 

 

 

"Hey, come on." The smaller heard Chanyeol spoke gently. The little midget's watery eyes met by Chanyeol's warm ones. He stood up shakily and looked around. His  lips are trembling as he tried tugging the ends of his shirts down, curling his knees in the process.

 

 

 

 

" You peed your pants my friend." Chanyeol gently stated while smiling. The small boy's lower lip jutted as he batted his wet eyelashes in embarrassment with drench patch of tears in his pinky cheeks.

 

 

 

 

As for the little one, it was a bully thing to say so in that second he quivered and continued to cry and whimpered. He never felt embarrassed since now as he just wanted to pee but he can't find the comfort room and upon finding one, he got cornered and bullied until he couldn't take it anymore and he accidentally pissed his pants. Now he thought that school is not as fun like he imagined and that he hadn't have been with some new friends to stick with.

 

 

 

Chanyeol's smile faltered and replaced by a worried expression towards the non-stop crying of the midget. He doesn't know how to stop him from crying and he felt alarmed by it.

 

 

 

 

The midget's crying caught the attentions of the busy kids, again.

 

 

 

 

 

"He peed his pants! He peed his pants!! And now he is crying again! Why don't you go to your mommy, HAHAHA!!" One kid laughed while pointing at the midget. The ones who didn't backed away started pointing and bullying again.

 

 

 

 

 

Unattended, Chanyeol doesn't know what he'll gonna do next. He tried to look for their teacher but the teacher seems nowhere to be found at that moment.

 

 

 

 

 

He felt bad. He thought it was all his fault. And he couldn't just leave the poor bullied kid to be left there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was worried. With the idea that popped from his mind, he quickly held the midget tightly in the waist and inwardly covering the latter's ears so that he can't hear the yellings and bullyings of his fellow classmates. 

 

 

 

 

"Get out of the way! Or else I'll punch and kick you! Try me!" Chanyeol threatened loudly scaring them. The smurf was trapped in the latter's protective arms as he got propelled away from there.

 

 

 

 

He quickly maneuvered the midget to walk away but he ended up lightly carrying him so that they could quickly get away from the crowd. 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol carried the little boy inside the comfort room, he opened a cubicle and led him there. 

 

 

 

"Stay here. I'll come back. I promise." Chanyeol promised while rubbing the smaller's mochi cheeks with his thumb to dry the tears. He found that the smaller is cute and fluffy that he feels like someone like this cute and fragile boy needed to be protected.

 

 

 

He rushed inside their classroom and through his bag, he fished out his extra shorts that his babysitter prepared for him. His babysitter always prepares for an extra shirt for Chanyeol because he is a playful kid and always getting filthy everyday from playing.

 

 

 

 

"Here, use mine. Don't cry anymore I'm here. I'm here." Chanyeol came back as he promised as he cooed and patted the little midget's head like a puppy. Chanyeol just had this feeling that the small kid with innocent puppy eyes don't deserve to get bullied. And he felt responsible for protecting him for no particular reasons. Maybe because he was the tallest in their room and this kid infront of him was the shortest.

 

 

 

 

After a moment, the latter already cleaned himself and finished changing his shorts that he borrowed from Chanyeol without uttering a word. Just the sniffles and silent glances.

 

 

 

 

 

"You're funny." Chanyeol grinned widely. But then he closed his mouth to prevent from chuckling because his own shorts that he gave to the latter looked like shorten pants because he is really short and it made him look weird.

 

 

 

 

"You're a boy right?" Chanyeol needed to ask in curiosity. Although it's pretty clear for him that the latter is a male by judging the attire he's using, but judging him physically, from the long lashes, feminine face, pale complexion, beautiful almond shaped eyes and small appearance, you couldn't really expect that he's a boy at first glance.

 

 

 

 

The boy nodded shyly and wiped his runny nose with the taller's handkerchief.

 

 

 

 

"You're favorite color isn't yellow right?" Chanyeol asked out of the blues. The small boy with wet eyes looked up and hesitantly shook his head.

 

 

 

"I-It's b-sky blue." The smaller briefly answered. Looking embarrassed on the male whom he think was so tall and good looking.

 

 

 

"Good. Because I hate yellow." The taller spoke once again, flashing a warm smile. He hated yellow for a reason because last summer, a friend left him and his friend's favorite color is yellow.

 

 

 

The small boy suddenly hugged the taller kid tightly and murmured his multiple gratitude for saving him out there as he shed some more tears.

 

 

 

Chanyeol was shocked about how polite and grateful the kid was but he remained intact from not pinching his cute cheeks and telling him that's it's nothing. He never thought he would use the word 'cute' for a human though because the only ones he knew would be cute was puppies and his pet ferret.

 

 

 

"It's okay, buddy. Anytime." Chanyeol smiled accomplished as he rubbed the latter's back comfortingly in a circular motion. Even just there, the smaller boy had already think that the tall boy in front of him is not scary after all.

 

 

 

The midget pulled away and continued to looked down the floor again like its the most fascinating thing in the world. Fidgeting his small fingers while curling h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter