[ Chapter 1 ]

Star-Crossed Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How was your day Taeyeon-ah?"

"It was fun even though it was really tiring. How about you? How was your day?"

"Not so great..."

"Why? Tell me everything, I want to hear it."

"Well first of all, I accidentally ran into the director of the hospital and spilt coffee all over her and then I proceeded to touch her in front of everybody by wiping a napkin on her chest 'cause I thought it would burn her skin. Now I can never work again."

"Hahaha, that sounds like such a Jian-thing to do."

"You're suppose to be comforting me Taengoo~" Jian whined and crossed her arms across her chest, pouting heavily before letting a sigh slip pass her lips. "Oh who am I kidding? You're just a figment of my imagination."

Jian's hand lovingly traced the poster plastered on her wall, right besides her bed. It was Kim Taeyeon. Her motivation. Her inspiration. Her idol. Her lover. There was no denying that the Nation's Girl Group's Leader had one of the most stunning visual and mesmerising voice in the industry, but what captivated Jian the most was her quirky personality. Her rarely shown childish behaviour contrasted the mature façade that she was forced to put on by the media ever since she stepped foot into the entertainment industry, and Jian didn't know whether she liked it or not. To her, it was like a mask - something to match the dazzling outfits and flashy accessories that the company would make her wear on stage, but like all articles of clothing, they were only for show. It wasn't genuine. 

"I love you Taeyeon-ah..." Jian kissed the plastic poster and pulled the covers over her. "I'll get to meet you for real tomorrow at the fan meeting."

The thought of finally getting to meet her ultimate bias was enough to make Jian's toes curl in excitement. I mean, who wouldn't be? But the surgeon knew that she needed rest tonight. She didn't want to arrive to the event with dark eyebags and possibly look like one of Taeyeon's favourite character, Kaonashi, but if it will make Taeyeon happy then Jian wouldn't mind stay up another hour or two. 

* * * * * * * * *

The day of the fan meeting. The day Jian would finally get to speak one on one with Taeyeon. To experience something every fan wants - Taeyeon's attention and company. The girl wore something light for the upcoming Autumn season; a white turtle neck and light blue skinny jeans with a beige coat and a matching beret. It was a bit fancier than Jian would usually dress, but today was a special day.

As fans heard the news of Taeyeon holding a fan meeting at the Coex Shopping Mall, they immediately flood all the floors, hoping to just be in the same place as the superstar. A large glass block showcasing Taeyeon's lastest photos from her photoshoot was flashing behind her and with the thousands of fans surrounding them, a large velvet line had to strung across most of the bottom floor of the mall with hundreds of staff on standby.

Jian's giddiness wouldn't be contained as she moved further up the line, her eyes widening as she caught a glimpse of Taeyeon sitting in a chair, conversing with an overly ethusiastic fan who kept grabbing at Taeyeon's hands and clothes. It seemed that Taeyeon was quite uncomfortable and she kept placing her free hand on top of the fan's hand in order to gently pry it off her, but to no avail. Eventually her manager had to step in and push her along and not hold up the line any longer. The fan in front of Jian stepped up to the stage and took a seat in front of Taeyeon, her eyes sparkling with joy as she pulled out her phone and asked for some picture, in which Taeyeon agreed to. Her hands formed a 'v' and she put on the same fake smile that she has displayed everytime someone takes out a camera. A long burst of photos made Jian cringe and her eyebrows unconsciously creased together. Why were they like that? The thought were suddenly pushed out of her mind as a staff gently tapped her shoulder to signal for her to step up.

Slowly but firmly, Jian made her way up to the seat, her hands were shaking, but not as much as her heart. Another fake smile flashes across her face and Jian can't help but return an equally mouth-splitting smile. 

"Hello, what's your name?" Taeyeon asked, her melodic voice making Jian's mind hazy. 

"Jian...Lee Jian." Jian mumbled, awe-struck. A light pink blush dusted her cheeks as Taeyeon let out a cute chuckle and began signing the album. "You're so beautiful."

"Ah~ Thank you, my stylist chose this outfit for me." Taeyeon giggled and rested her chin in her palms, looking at Jian with her adoring eyes. 

"I don't mean your outfit." Jian replied, a calm expression on her face. Taeyeon straightened her back and there was a moment of confusion, but the star's professionalism forced her to hide it. 

"What do you mean Jian-ssi?" Taeyeon smiled once again. "If you're not talking about my outfit, then what are you talking about."

"I'm talking about you. You as a person." Jian smiled softly. "Your music has really helped out a lot of people and I just wanted to tell you that I'm eternally thankful for it."

Taeyeon's posture relaxed and for the first time in a while, Jian saw an honest smile from her idol. The sight made her heart melt into a puddle of icky sweetness - it was almost enough to give her diabetes. 

"I would like to thank you too Jian-ssi. It's fans like you that make my job worthwhile." Taeyeon beamed happily. "Would you like to take a picture?"

"No." Jian answered and grinned when she saw Taeyeon's shocked expression. "I don't mean to offend you but I don't want to waste my time with things that like that. I want to savor this moment and engrave each detail into my head. I'd prefer experiencing your company in person than through a screen."

The surgeon was continuing to surprise Taeyeon more and more, and her curiosity reached it peak when Jian pulled out a small badge from her pocket. It was in the shape of a shooting star. From the corner of her eye, Taeyeon saw one of her managers approaching them, but she held up her hand; a signal to let the fan stay longer and they complied, moving back to their original spot.

"This is a shooting star pin that every surgeon receives when we save a life." Jian informed and placed into Taeyeon's hand, the star fiddling it with her nimble fingers. "That was my first pin and I want you to have it."

"I-...I'm sorry I really can't have this." Taeyeon said hesitantly and pushed it back towards Jian. "It's something precious to you and I don't want to take it away."

"I have received something far more precious from you. Your existence." Jian shook her head and pushed Taeyeon's hand away. "Let it be a special memory for both of us to keep. This way, I'd live my life happily known that maybe a part of me is with you at all times."

Jian sensed the reluctancy in Taeyeon but grinned when the singer just nodded her head in agreement. 

"Alright, thank you for this gift Jian-ssi. I'll make sure to keep it in good shap--"

"YAH! WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG?! MOVE 'CAUSE SOME OF US WANT TO TALK TO HER TOO!"

A loud voice echoed in the shopping mall and Jian's heart clenched in pain when she saw Taeyeon flinch in her peripheral. She must be so scared. Not wanting to be a hassle for Taeyeon and her staff, the surgeon stood up and grabbed her signed album, preparing to leave. However, as soon as she stepped out of her chair, Jian noticed that the fans behind the glass block were pushing foward, causing the block to swing violently back and forth. Eventually the momentum was enough to make the glass block topple over, straight into Jian and Taeyeon's direction. 

Thankfully, being a surgeon meant that Jian had high intelligence and quick reflexes, which was enough to grab Taeyeon and pull her out of the way. Unfortunately for her, Jian’s foot wasn't so lucky and got crushed beneath the 2 tonne glass block. A pained groan ripped from Jian's throat and she bit her lips to stop the tears from streaming out. Her pride didn't let her shed any tears in front of the person she loves. 

"J-Jian!" Taeyeon shrieked, ordering her staff to help pull up the block of glass. "Hurry!"

"N-No! Don't move it!" Jian howled in pain. "It's embedded into my leg. If you take it out, I'll die of blood loss."

"W-What should I do?" Taeyeon whimpered. 

"Can you pass me a piece of cloth or anything long?" Jian asked through her clenched teeth. "And call the ambulance for me."

Taeyeon nodded and ripped the bottom hem of her dress, passing it over to Jian who grabbed it and tied it on her thigh to make a tourniquet, above the spot where her leg is crushed. Her manager made a frantic call to the closest hospital, which was coincidently where Jian worked at and informed them of what happened. 

"Pass me the phone." Jian grabbed the phone from the manager's hand. "Oh, Sana? Can you hurry up? Kinda dying here. I got lacerations on my calf, probably punctured by tibialis posterior, I can't move it or anything."

The medical terms were too complicated for Taeyeon to comprehend, but she hoped that whatever Jian was talking about wasn't anything too serious. 

"Please don't send Momo." Jian sighed and hung up the phone. "Thanks Taeyeon-ah."

Her hand immediately slapped over and she was horrified that she referred to Taeyeon informally. It was a habit she had when talking to her poster, who in all honesty, didn't care what she said, ever.

"Oh I'm so sorry that was rude of me." Jian apologised and Taeyeon slapped the surgeon's arm. "AH! What was that for?!"

"Do you really *hic* think I care about *hic* that?!" Taeyeon sniffed, tears rolling down her cheeks. "It's my fault that you're like this, I'm the one who's suppose to be sorry!"

"A-Ah, don't cry Taeyeon-ah~" Jian reassured and patted her hand, seeing Taeyeon's inner child revealing itself. "It's okay, everything is going to be alright."

"Oi, what did you do this time ?!" A husky voice snickers and made Jian's eyes roll. 

"Oh my gosh, I told them not to send you!" Jian snapped angrily, turning her head to see her coworkers Momo and Mina standing there with their kits. "Ha...at least they sent a normal one, isn't that right Mina?"

"Wow, okay then." Momo hissed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter