One

Bypasser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where You At (Searching)

Kim Chaewon met Kim Minjoo one month ago. She might have a crush on her, but most importantly, she was just thinking of being a friend of hers.

 

Chaewon sat before the displaying counters with different types of glasses presented in front of her.

With her brows furrowing, she picked out a few glasses to which she thought that suits her, while listening to the Disney songs being played outside. That was where a Mickey roadshow was being held, at the south atrium of the mall she was currently at.

“Oh, this one looks good on me!” Eunbi exclaimed as she tried on a Gucci glasses.

Chaewon glanced at her sister before replying, “Yeah, it suits you. Wanna change your specs?”

Eunbi nodded, “Mum, should I change my glasses?”

“It suits you, if you like it then why not change it? Your glasses have been worn for like, four years? Maybe it’s time to change yours,” their mum responded, and Eunbi replied with an okay.

The optometrist led Eunbi into an eyesight testing room and Chaewon sat back, sighing.

She was bored, and she really wasn’t in the mood of choosing glasses, having spent an hour or more on trying them, her eyes were tired as hell.

So she just took some photos of the glasses that she liked, keeping them for consideration and coming back another week to choose her glasses.

 

After Eunbi purchased her glasses, they walked out of the shop and into the roadshow of the mall.

“Hi, would you like to sign up for ENOZI Bank’s credit card? We have a lot of benefits if you sign up with us.”

Chaewon looked up, and there she saw a girl with the prettiest and the finest features on her face.

To say the least, she was awestruck.

She had never seen someone so beautiful and elegant, with a smile that melts everyone’s heart.

Chaewon’s heart swelled ever so slightly, that even she herself hadn’t noticed, until much later.

“I’m sorry, but I didn’t have a good experience with your bank, so no, thank you,” Chaewon’s dad replied. “There was once...”

There he went, rambling about his bad experience about signing up for their credit card but ended up not getting one, with reasons Chaewon didn’t know of.

As the tone of her father getting louder, Chaewon noticed the people who were lining up to redeem free gifts from the roadshow were glancing at her father and the female mobile banker.

Chaewon sighed. Her father tends to talk louder when they were outside. She didn’t want to embarrass the girl from the gaze from other people, so Chaewon proceeded to distract her father away from the girl.

The girl bowed politely towards them before attempting to persuade another guy, who was lining up behind Eunbi to get the free gift.

Wait. Chaewon frowned, turning her head slightly to glance at the mobile banker behind her and Eunbi. She looks familiar, though? Where have I seen her before?

After a few seconds of recalling from her memories, she couldn’t find anything but snapped herself back into reality, and got shocked when she saw the girl was also looking at her with a curious face.

“She looks familiar to me, unnie,” Chaewon breathed out, whispering to Eunbi.

“Oh?” Eunbi raised her brows. “Where have you seen her before?”

Chaewon turned to look at the girl again before getting shocked yet again. The girl was still looking at her, while persuading the man to sign up for the credit card.

Chaewon felt her cheeks heating up and faced to the front as fast as she can.

“The school...right! I’ve seen her in my secondary school!” 

When the dusted memories came to her, Chaewon remembered the face that she’d seen before in her secondary school.

As she turned around to check on the girl again, she was nowhere to be seen.

Chaewon’s sharp eyes searched through the crowd and —

Right. Why does she has to go back to her dad again?

Chaewon groaned. “Unnie, I’ve just saved her from our father, but why is she back talking to him?”

Eunbi chuckled. “Go. Help me bring mum here so that I could ask her something.”

Chaewon could only walk towards the pair who was in a heated discussion on her father’s previous experience with the bank.

When she stopped beside her father, the girl suddenly turned towards her.

“Hey, are you from Guri? Your face looked familiar to me,” the girl asked, her brows raising.

Chaewon was enlightened that the girl recognised her, too. Though they barely knew each other, no names, nothing.

They only know each other’s face.

“Yeah, were you from IZ secondary school?” Chaewon asked, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter