Beginning of an End.

I'll love you, always and forever

Sakura immediately dropped everything she was doing when she heard her fiance fainted while teaching a choreography to her students. Sakura is the CEO of the biggest hospital in Japan, Miyawaki Hospitals which was founded by her grandfather, while Chaeyeon is the most sought choreographer in the world, many people wants to have lessons through her, although she has choreographers under her, many people still wants to learn from her which is limited.

 

 

How they met? It was when Sakura was tasked to attend a conference by her father where congregation of owners within the medical field, there she met Chaeyeon, how? Chaeyeon’s father was within the field of medicine, and she tagged along, how cliché it is, Chaeyeon being the clumsy girl she is she bumped into Sakura while her father was talking to her but because she wasn’t listening she kept on walking when her father told her to stop and greet one of their business partner which was the MIyawakis, and then, you know what happened next, being bustiness partners they were, the Miyawaki’s and Lee’s often travel Japan or South Korea, having them to meet often.

 

 

“Hey” Chaeyeon called for Sakura as she was sleeping beside her girl while on a chair.

 

 

Sakura then rubbed her eyes as she was trying to be awake, she had lots of meeting she attended before she went for Chaeyeon, “Hey baby” said Chaeyeon again while caressing Sakura’s face and Sakura immediately closed her eyes.

 

 

“How are you?” asked Sakura while checking Chaeyeon. “What happened?”

 

 

“Maybe I was just tired” answered Chaeyeon. 

 

 

Sakura sadly at her, “How about cut the time you teach baby?” She said this but she knows Chaeyeon wouldn’t even consider it, Chaeyeon loves dancing and she loves communication through it.

 

 

“Maybe I should?” said Chaeyeon which made Sakura to look at her wide-eyed.

 

 

“Why are you shocked when you’re the one suggesting it?” Chaeyeon asked while she chuckled.

 

 

“Well baby, I wasn’t expecting you to agree, just saying it and I wasn’t really meaning it” Sakura answered.

 

 

Chaeyeon hummed, “Well maybe I would in the future” she said then smiled cheekily.

 

 

Sakura just shook her head. “I know you very well baby”

 

 

“How was work?” Chaeyeon asked and changed the topic.

 

 

“Fine, meeting here and there but it’s fine”

 

 

“Have you slept?”

 

 

“Yeah”

 

 

“When?”

 

 

“Since I took you home?”

 

 

“Seems like you haven’t slept then”

 

 

Of course, she hasn’t, Chaeyeon knew Sakura wouldn’t probably have her sleep when she was taking care of her, and Sakura knew herself that she shouldn’t have answered she did.

 

 

“Yes, yes baby, I haven’t. I was busy taking care of your because you overworked yourself” she joked and because of that she received a hard slap on her arms, she then let out a small “Aw”

 

 

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes on her but she also did smile afterwards when Sakura was making faces at her. “Stop, you look stupid”

 

 

“I’m too beautiful to be looking stupid” said Sakura while putting a strand of hair on her ears.

 

 

Chaeyeon just dropped her jaw at her girlfriend who is being too dork at the moment. “Dork”

 

 

Sakura then laughed and said, “You’re still the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met besides your mom, of course”

 

 

Chaeyeon laughed because of what Sakura said, when she and Chaeyeon’s mom met, she kept on telling Chaeyeon how beautiful her mother was, and how much they look alike. “Do you still adore my mom?” Chaeyeon joked.

 

 

“Of course, I do. She’s the one who brought you to this world. How can I not adore her?” Sakura said smoothly.

 

 

“Still smooth, aren’t we?” Chaeyeon said and gave Sakura a kiss.

 

 

Sakura then scrunched her nose, “I should’ve talked about mom earlier, you still love it when I talk about her, and you always give me a kiss”

 

 

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes at her, “Well you can just ask for it”

 

 

“I know but It’s sweeter when you kiss me out of nowhere” Sakura replied.

 

 

Because of that Chaeyeon kissed her again, but this time it was longer and was slow like Sakura would have wanted it to be.

 

 

After the kiss, Chaeyeon hugged Sakura and pulled her closer while whispering, “Come on love, Let’s sleep.

 

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Yena asked Chaeyeon who abruptly brought an end to the supposed dance lesson she has today. She felt dizzy when she was moving hard and she was practically trying to stand up and her students were worried about her. She felt sorry about that’s why she tried to continue even though it was clear that she wasn’t feeling alright.

 

 

Chaeyeon smiled and nodded, “I’m fine now”

 

 

“Wasn’t it happening a lot of times this week already? You haven’t told Sakura yet? Or haven’t tried going to the hospital?” Yena asked, Choi Yena, her bestfriend, also a choreographer.

 

 

Chaeyeon just dismissed her, “I’m just tired, I guess. I keep on staying up late for the choreos”

 

 

“Ey! Why are you even overworking yourself?”

 

 

“What else?  I love----”

 

 

“I love doing what I do, blabla blabla. Yes, I know very well, but you have to take care of yourself too, stupid” said Yena, and even rolled her eyes at Chaeyeon.

 

 

“Yes mom! Will do” She said and put an arm around Yena’s shoulder, and started to walk.

 

 

“Where are we going?” Yena asked.

 

 

“Let’s eat, your treat” Chaeyeon said and grinned at her.

 

 

Again, Yena just rolled her eyes, she doesn’t understand why she has to be the one treating her bestfriend when Chaeyeon’s the CEO of the Dance Academy they’re in. She doesn’t decline since Chaeyeon would just act cute in front of her which she finds gross. “You’re crazy” she replied at Chaeyeon which Chaeyeon just laughed it off.

 

 

“You’re crazier”

 

 

“Oh, how’d you know?” Yena asked which caused them to grin at each other and do a fist bump.  

 

 

The smell of good food was what Sakura came home to, she immediately went to the kitchen where she knew Chaeyeon can be found, she then put her arms around Chaeyeon’s waist and said, “Hello baby” Chaeyeon then hummed.

 

 

“Change clothes love, It will be done in a minute” Chaeyeon as she turned around and to give Sakura a peck.

 

 

“Fine~” Sakura smiled before going to their room and have a change of clothes.

 

 

“How’s work?” Chaeyeon asked while they were eating.

 

 

“It’s fine, every branch is doing very well” Sakura was supposed to be the one managing the branch in Japan, but after having Chaeyeon in her life, she decided to manage the Korean branch instead. Her father is the one handling the one in Japan. Her father immediately agreed to her wish about moving to Korea and was definitely delighted when he knew about their relationship, what’s funny was they were supposed to be in an arranged married but they got faster than their parent’s plans, well it’s a win-win either way. “How bout you baby? How did your day go?”

 

 

“I got Yena to treat me again” she proudly said.

 

 

Sakura shook her head, Everytime she and Yena see each other, It’s the only thing Yena would say and basically, she was just complaining about if Sakura wasn’t treating her well and It need to be Yena to be the one treating her. “She’s obviously going to complain about that again once we see each other again.”

 

 

Chaeyeon laughed and said, “I bet she will”

 

 

“Baby, you really need to be subtle about teasing your bestfriend” Sakura said, she knows why Chaeyeon was doing it because she loves clowning her bestfriend.

 

 

“There’s no fun in that, love” Chaeyeon replied while grinning.

 

 

Sakura then stood up and kissed Chaeyeon’s forehead, “Go shower baby, I’ll wash the dishes”  

 

 

Sakura had to wake up early as she was needed on an early meeting concerning the hospital she was handling. She tried not to be loud when she was moving around as she didn’t want Chaeyeon to wake up. She wanted her girl to have a nice rest as Yena called her last night that her bestfriend would complain about having headaches when she wakes up after sleeping for only a short time when she practices a choreo she would be teaching her class.

 

 

Because of that, Sakura scolded Chaeyeon a bit about it and Chaeyeon said she would tone it down.

 

 

“I’m sorry love” Chaeyeon said after Sakura scolded her about it.

 

 

Sakura shook her head, “No baby” she then went and embraced Chaeyeon who hugged her back. “I’m fine with it, it’s your job, yes but please tone it down. Okay?” she just then felt Chaeyeon nod.

 

 

“Come on, baby. Let’s sleep” she kissed Chaeyeon forehead before releasing her from the hug and pulling her to their bedroom.

 

 

She then caressed Chaeyeon’s hair and whispered, “I love you, baby”

 

 

Chaeyeon then smiled and replied, “I love you, love” but her eyes were still closed.

 

 

Sakura chuckled, “dreaming of me?” there was no reply so she did conclude that Chaeyeon was indeed dreaming. It was a sight and she was hesitant on leaving but she had to. She then went out their home and immediately called her secretary and asked about the details.

 

 

“Why is your head even hurting?” Yena asked after teaching Chaeyeon’s class because Chaeyeon can’t handle how her head hurts everytime she moves even for a bit, “I already called Sakura about this though?”

 

 

Chaeyeon nodded, “Yes, that’s why I was scolded about it and she had me sleep early which was good for me, I was fine when I woke up though”

 

 

“Have you eaten?” Yena asked.

 

 

“Of course, Sakura made food before she went our for work why?” Chaeyeon answered.

 

 

“You could’ve spared me the details and just told me you already ate” She said while rolling her eyes.

 

 

Chaeyeon laughed at her, “Why? Doesn’t Yuri cook for you?” Chaeyeon was teasing her obviously, Yuri does cook but only occasionally when she feels like it and Yena would want to complain about it but she doesn’t want to be kicked out of their house.

 

 

Yena then glared at her, “Are you kidding me?”

 

 

Chaeyeon shrugged, “Well maybe she wanted to cook today?”

 

 

Yena pursed her lips and just shrugged, “Whatever, come on let’s eat, my treat” Yena said which made Chaeyeon to .

 

 

“Ooooh, treating me without me asking, what’s the occasion?” she said and pinched Yena’s lips.

 

 

“Aww! Why did you even pinch my lips?!”

 

 

Chaeyeon laughed at her hard, “Come on, I’m picking expensive today!” and she pulled Yena out of the academy.

 

 

“I’m sleepy” Chaeyeon said after they ate.

 

 

“Huh? That’s new” Yena replied. Well it really is, Everyone knows how an energy ball Chaeyeon is, when everyone would be already down after practicing a hard dance routine, she would be still there happily smiling about it.

 

 

“I don’t know, It happens often this days’”

 

 

Yena snorted and said, “You’re aging, hag!”

 

 

“You’re older than me, stupid!” Chaeyeon replied.

 

 

“Then you should respect me and not call me stupid you duffus!”

 

 

“In your dreams!” and they just laughed at each other.

 

 

“Come on, let’s get you home and have you sleep, little child” Chaeyeon smacked Yena because of this.

 

 

Chaeyeon felt something was on her hair causing her to open her eyes but then she woke up to a Sakura caressing her hair, she then smiled at her, “Hello, love”

 

 

“Hello, baby. Yena told me about you being sleepy? That’s new, ain’t it?”

 

 

Chaeyeon didn’t answer but pulled Sakura instead and snuggled on her neck, Sakura smiled at this, “All right, move over baby” and Chaeyeon did.

 

 

Sakura kept caressing Chaeyeon’s back and then after a while she felt breathing was regular and slow. That night, they slept while snuggling each other with content. Tomorrow morning would be good, it seems.

 

 

Chaeyeon woke up to her head throbbing like , and Sakura went to the kitchen to get her water and medicine, “I’ve slept too much” said Chaeyeon.

 

 

“Yes, you did, babygirl” replied Sakura who was massaging her head.

 

 

“Love, let’s get ready for work” Chaeyeon said after she said thank you at Sakura.

 

 

“I already did, while you were asleep” then Chaeyeon looked at what Sakura was wearing. “Casual?”

 

 

Sakura nodded, “It’s tiring wearing corporate attire everytime” she said.

 

 

“I’ll go shower then” Chaeyeon replied.

 

 

Sakura drove Chaeyeon to the dance academy, and when Chaeyeon got off, she went to the driver’s side and Sakura lowered her window, “Have fun, baby!” and she received a peck which was seen by Yena.

 

 

“Oh, early ” Yena said which made Chaeyeon raised her brows at her.

 

 

“Jealous?” Sakura asked. Yena glared at her.

 

 

Chaeyeon kissed Sakura one more time before saying goodbye and pulling Yena inside the academy. She looked back and shouted, “Be careful on driving, love” Sakura nodded and waved at her before going.   

 

 

“I should borrow Sakura once in a while” said Yena that made Chaeyeon burst out laughing.

 

 

“You’re crazy!”

 

 

“Kidding, come on, there’s already students inside we need to teach” and pulled Chaeyeon.

 

 

“Yah, Yena” Choi Yoojung, knocked at the dance room Yena’s in. She then told her students to rest for a while.

 

 

She then went to Yoojung, “Do you have the mp3 file of the new remix Chaeyeon created?”

 

 

“Oh? There’s a new song?” Yena the stupid at your service.

 

 

Yoojung facepalmed, “She even showed it to us last time, stupid”

 

 

Yena tried to remember and, “Ahh, that one”

 

 

“So do you have it?” Yoojung asked again.

 

 

“No” Yena straightly said.

 

 

Yoojung just shook her head, “Let’s just go to Chaeyeon”

 

 

They were just bickering about something on their way to Chaeyeon’s dance studio where she’s teaching when they arrived to a Chaeyeon being swarmed by her students, she was having a seizure, and Yena immediately went to her bestfriend. “What happened?!!” she asked the students.

 

 

One said that, she was feeling dizzy and then a moment after she was on the floor, “” and then Yena dialed Sakura’s number, “Please answer”

 

 

And then the call was connected.

 

 

“Oh Yena? What is it?”

 

 

“Chaeyeon”

 

 

“What happened?”

 

 

Yena started to sob so Yoojung grabbed the phone and she was the one now talking to Sakura, “Hello?? Yena?”

 

 

“Sakura, this is Yoojung. An ambulance is needed. ASAP”

 

 

Sakura felt tensed on the other side and she immediately administered the fastest ambulance on their way. “We’ll talk later once you arrive here” Sakura said before ending the call.

 

 

Yoojung sighed after the call, and a maybe after a few minutes, the ambulance arrived and brought Chaeyeon to the hospital which was governed by the Miyawakis’.

 

 

Chaeyeon woke up to a room which was fully white and tried to adjust to the light as she was awake after a day of sleeping. A nurse then came inside of her room, and called for a doctor when she saw Chaeyeon was awake. Doctor Kang Hyewon was the one assigned to her, they know each other, she’s Sakura bestfriend, hence her most trusted friend.

 

 

“Oh, Hyewon-ah. Why am I here?” she asked while looking around.

 

 

“You had a seizure Chaeyeon-ah” Hyewon replied while thoroughly checking Chaeyeon.

 

 

The statement made knots on the forehead of Chaeyeon. It was something she hasn’t experience even once in her life.

 

“Hyewon-ah, what do I do?” Sakura run her hand through her hair, she was like this after several tests were made when Chaeyeon was brought to the hospital.

 

 

Hyewon rubbed her back and said, “What else, be there for her always”

 

 

The only thing Sakura did was release a heavy sigh, “How’s my girl?”

 

 

“She’s asleep, and I’m not saying she’s fine because she’s not and you know it” Hyewon said bluntly.

 

 

“You’ll be the one she’ll look for when she wakes up, be ready and tell her about everything Sakura”

 

 

“Why didn’t I realize it sooner? The symptoms were---”

 

 

“It’s not your fault Sakura, you couldn’t have just concluded things that fast even though you’re seeing the symptoms” Hyewon told her. “Let it out already, bottling your feeling won’t help” and a second later, the tears Sakura holding came out like a flood.

 

 

“Where’s Sakura?” as expected, she was the first one she looked for.

 

 

“She’ll be here in a minute, she was here earlier but she has to run some things” Hyewon informed her.

 

A knock on the door was heard, and they bothed whipped their head on door’s direction, revealing Sakura, “I’ll head out first then” she patted Chaeyeon’s shoulder and nodded at Sakura before heading out with the nurse.

 

 

“Hi baby” Sakura started. “How are you?”

 

 

“Fine, I guess?” Chaeyeon replied and there was silence.

 

 

“Baby” Sakura called for her again. “I love you” she said.

 

 

“Suddenly?” Chaeyeon smiled though “I know and I love you too, love”

 

 

Sakura smiled at her. “What is it, love? You don’t need to prolong your agony of what you need to tell me” she told her while rubbing their palms.

 

 

“Okay” she said and exhaled. “Baby, after you had seizure yesterday, we had you run some tests, and we found out about something” she can’t seem to continue.

 

 

“Come on, love. You can tell me” Chaeyeon encouraged her.

 

 

“You have---” Sakura pursed her lips as she was trying to stop her tears from falling.

 

 

“I have Glioblastoma?” Chaeyeon continued for her.

 

 

Sakura looked at her like she saw a ghost, “H-h-how?”

 

 

“My grandmother had it, love” Chaeyeon smiled at her sadly. “My aunt had it”

 

 

“I guess it’s me this time?” she added. Sakura just had the urge to hug her life, and Chaeyeon hugged her back. “We’re going to be fine, love” she said.

 

 

“Baby, it’s not fine at all, and you know it” Sakura’s voice cracked.

 

 

Yes, It isn’t. It wouldn’t ever be fine, chances of survival for Glioblastoma is very low. Even with medications, it wouldn’t be a help for it to be gone. It would help to prolong life, yes? but there is no guarantee or whatsoever that it will help a lot.

 

 

“How long?” Chaeyeon asked.

 

 

“Baby-----” Sakura shook her head.

 

 

“Love” she said and Sakura doesn’t understand why Chaeyeon is still smiling even after knowing what condition she has.

 

 

Sakura sighed, “I don’t understand while you’re smiling, baby”

 

 

“Being sad about it would not guarantee I’ll live, love” Chaeyeon explained.

 

 

Sakura was always proud of her girl, she was always the optimistic one in their relationship, she was always there to brighten her day if she feels gloomy after a day of exhausting work. She would surprise her on her work when she has the time to, she would bring food for her when she forgets to.

 

 

Sakura sighed, “9 months, 1 year at most…..”

 

 

Chaeyeon nodded, “Then, we have no time to be sad, love” she then used her fingers and stretched Sakura’s face so she could show a smile.

 

 

It was silly, but it made Sakura smile, she then caressed Chaeyeon’s hair and said, “You’re too precious”

 

 

They stared at each other for a while, admiring each other’s faces like how they usually do. Moments later, Chaeyeon cupped Sakura’s face and kissed her passionately as she can, Sakura then pulled Chaeyeon closer and answered the kiss as much. Chaeyeon smiled between the kiss but then Sakura released a whimper, Chaeyeon felt tears on her cheeks but it wasn’t hers, it was Sakura’s, in times like this, based on her attitude she would’ve told her love to stop crying, but if she was in Sakura’s position, she might be the one crying now.

 

 

“I’m sorry for crying” Sakura said after.

 

 

Chaeyeon chuckled and shook her head, “Love, don’t be sorry for how you feel” and she wiped the remnants of the tears on Sakura’s face.

 

 

“I love you, always and forever, baby” she whispered as she went for a hug.

 

 

Chaeyeon rubbed Sakura’s back and said, “I know, love”

 

 

“Your parents would be here sooner or later, baby” Sakura informed Chaeyeon who nodded, already expecting them.

 

 

Sakura had to leave for something, and she insisted she should stay with Chaeyeon but Chaeyeon shoved her away like she would, and Sakura had no choice but to attend the things she’s needed for. Moments later, Chaeyeon’s family came.

 

 

Rather than talking about what would happen to her, they were just there and talked to her about things she might find interesting. Her mother took care of her, her father talked to her about little things, they were reminiscing about what stupid and fun things she did as a child. They were all smiling, laughing and having fun. Chaeyeon was thankful for it, rather than being sad about something that wouldn’t be happening at the present, she would rather be just thankful of the moment she has and will have until that time.

 

 

After sometime of talking and laughing, they left for Chaeyeon to have a rest. Mrs. Lee told the whole Lee household to wait for her as she would just take care of the things she would leave for her daughter. As she was about to leave, she saw Sakura beside the door.

 

 

“Hi mom” Sakura said as they saw each other.

 

 

Mrs. Lee immediately hugged Sakura as she saw the girl on her vulnerable state. “Thank you, my daughter”

 

 

Sakura cried like a little kid on the arms of a mother. “Sshh”

 

 

“I love her so much, mom” she said and Mrs. Lee can’t help it but tear up.

 

 

“Sakura-yah, be strong for my daughter, hmm? She wouldn’t like it if she knows you’re going to be like this, you know it right? She doesn’t want to worry anyone she cares about?”

 

 

They separated from the hug, and Sakura wiped the tears on her face and exhaled, she chuckled a bit, “I’ve been crying since yesterday and my eyes hurts” she said which made Mrs. Lee laugh.

 

 

They smiled at each other, “You just need to be there for her always”

 

 

After talking for a bit, Mrs. Lee had to leave and Sakura went inside of Chaeyeon’s room, she just stared at her beautiful girl who’s looking like the most peaceful person while she’s sleeping. She then kissed her forehead before she left.

 

 

For the first months, she was fine. Yen would then find time to visit her as Chaeyeon appointed her to be the temporary CEO.

 

 

“Yah! You should eat what I give you” said Yena, complaining why she doesn’t want the food she brought for her.

 

 

“Because it’s from you” Chaeyeon joked, she liked teasing Yena as always.

 

 

Yena then pouted and pointed at Sakura, “Then if its from Sakura, you’d eat it?” Sakura just shook her head as she’s watching the bestfriends bicker.

 

 

“Of course!” Yena rolled her eyes and shoved the fruit on Chaeyeon’s mouth.

 

 

“Yah!” Chaeyeon laughed, and eventually ate what Yena gave her.

 

 

The next months were the one where there with most changes, Chaeyeon took the surgery but it took a great toll on her body, and she was taking most of the treatment needed.

 

 

She was never in pain, but looking at her state, it was pretty much painful to watch. Sakura would always be strong in front of Chaeyeon but she would be crying right after leaving Chaeyeon’s room.

 

 

Chaeyeon’s condition wasn’t getting any better, her sight was deteriorating, most of her times were spent on her bed as her body became weak. There the time came when she lost the ability to swallow food, and also her movements became restricted. Her seizures were often and they would give her a shot madazalam for her to sleep and be in peace.

 

 

Her family, her friend and Sakura would always make time for her. Chaeyeon was thankful enough as she hasn’t lost her ability to talk yet. She still has a way of thanking her loved ones, also she still has a way of telling Sakura how much she loves her.

 

 

12th month

 

 

Sakura and Chaeyeon was on Chaeyeon’s bed and were cuddling. Sakura was supporting Chaeyeon’s back and her other hand were intertwined with Chaeyeon’s. They were facing each other as they were talking about senseless things.

 

 

“I’m sorry” said Chaeyeon.

 

 

Sakura shook her head, “Baby, you don’t need to be sorry”

 

 

Chaeyeon closed her eyes, “I’m tired, I want to sleep love” she said.

 

 

Sakura understood it and a tear fell from her eyes. “I’m sorry for leaving sooner”

 

 

“Love” Chaeyeon called for Sakura.

 

 

“Hmmm?”

 

 

“Kiss me” Chaeyeon requested.

 

 

Sakura slowly went for Chaeyeon, she caressed Chaeyeon’s face as she slowly kissed her. Her lips were chapped, but it wasn’t a nuisance. Sakura kissed her and showed how much she loves her baby.

 

 

“I’ll love you, always and forever” with the sincerest voice she’ll ever have.

 

 

After Sakura said that, Chaeyeon smiled the brightest she can show, “I know” and she kissed Sakura one last time.

 

 

After she said those words, Chaeyeon’s grip loosened and a sound was heard indicating that someone from this world is gone.

 

 

March 2021, the love of her life was already in peace and not suffering.

 

 

 

A/N 

Hello! 

How was it?