final.

alive and well (we're still alright.)

the last time jongin and soojung saw each other, they were still in high school; young, reckless, ignorant and reeked of sweat (both of them were the captains of the baseball and the track team respectfully).

 

that was six years ago. when they were still together. yes, jongin and soojung were the it couple.

 

now though, they are going solo; dateless at their mutual friend's wedding, taemin, whose looking real good wrapped in silk white suit with a lovely, gleaming bride on his side.

 

"could you please talk to her or something? the awkwardness is killing me. i wanted to say hi to jinri."

 

aw, sehun truly has never changed; he is still the little piece of that he is, just like how jongin remembered him to be. the fact that he's now a pilot for a reputable airline is just silly for jongin but then again, the dark-haired himself currently is a lawyer at an esteemed law firm.

 

life is a funny sequence when you think of it.

 

 

"you know what? screw you. i'm going to talk to jinri, with or without you." sehun gulped down his champagne before fixing his cream-colored shirt and hair a bit.

 

jongin just chuckles lightly as he sees sehun walking towards the dessert table- where jinri and soojung are conversing right now- feigning some confidence. the younger looks some kind of adorable, which is just wrong because come on he's twenty-five years old now, the adjective; adorable shouldn't be allowed associated with him anymore.

 

sehun apparently had told the girls about his presence at the wedding- not that the girls need to know anyway from jongin's point of view- because all of them are looking at him right now.

 

the next thing he knew, jongin is having some kind of trouble breathing when a pair of hazel orbs collided with his own pair of onyx, locking him at the moment making the time around feels like it stops moving.

 

his chest then suddenly feels a lot more tighten and heavy as the owner of the beautiful hazel orbs can be seen to make her way closer to jongin's way.

 

oh oh sehun, jongin promised himself to slap the younger on the head the next he sees him after the wedding.

 

"jongin."

 

oh wow.

 

it's kind of ridiculous, how pretty his name sounded, coming from the prettiest pink lips in the room.

 

"soojung."

 

in all honestly, jongin wanted to run. but he can't, not when he can feel his legs no more.

 

soojung then takes a place next to jongin and with a glass of pink champagne on her right hand and a sprinkle of nostalgia on her eyes she smiles,

 

"how are you? it's been years since we last saw each other."

 

"six years to be exact," 

 

corrects jongin a little too fast making faint red hue, blooms into his cheeks. and to that soojung just smiles even wider.

 

"i heard you are now a lawyer," soojung sips her pink champagne little by little, "congratulations.... but i thought you've always wanted to be a dancer, no?" the chestnut-haired throw the older quizzical look.

 

"well you know life happens. the family wanted me to go the lawyer or doctor path." jongin just shrugs the answer away, answering the question with little to no problem, which makes soojung's heart sank a bit.

 

she always knew how much of a dancer jongin wanted to be. he wanted to make dancing into his living. but she also knew how much the kims are expecting from their only son. for someone whom had such a big and gleaming dream as jongin, soojung is kind of devastated that jongin is beaten by life's reality.

 

sensing how the air in soojung shifted a bit, jongin mustered an awkward laugh, "hey now, being a lawyer isn't so bad you know!" he gives the younger an assuring smile, "just because one of my dreams isn't becoming a reality, doesn't mean that my life is ending. besides, i'm on my way to find another precious dream of mine."

 

soojung couldn't help but not to smile hearing that.

 

appearance wise, jongin may have changed a lot; he is looking taller, more refined and well, more handsome now but to soojung, on a personal level, jongin is still his warm and pleasant jongin that she knows.

 

"speaking of dreams, congratulations. yours became a reality, right, designer jung soojung?" teased jongin with a gleeful tone, earning a light punch to his left shoulder by bashful soojung.

 

soojung has just recently launched her own clothing line three months ago, after a long hard work of convincing sponsors, looking for a warehouse, a place for her little boutique and actually turns her designs into actual wearable clothes.

 

it is still a small boutique with a collection less than a hundred pieces but still, it's her baby. her two years in the making baby. to say soojung is delighted and proud truly is an understatement.

 

"we've come a long way in our life huh, jung?"

 

the old nickname thrown by the tanned skin tickles soojung's heart in the way she doesn't expect. she finishes her pink champagne before turning her head, facing jongin completely.

 

"we truly have jongin. i am proud of us."

 

the air between them wasn't as awkward and stuffy before, instead, it blossomed into a rosy air, wrapping them in a funny yet endearing atmosphere.

 

"i miss you a lot, by the way."

 

the sentence rolls off the older's mouth with so much yearning and longing, it surprises both of them. but before jongin could dig a hole and hide in it, soojung's light chuckle fills the gap between them,

 

"i miss you too, jongin. a whole lot."

 

flushed cheeks, tipsy heads, and throbbing hearts are the witness of the two little reunions tonight. there is not much happening other than small catch-ups and some little of i-miss-you's but it's more than enough to mend their woeful feelings caused by the separation that happened with little explanation and compassion.

 

they were young back then, granted they're still young now. and there is still a room full of baggage that needs to be talked about between the two. but just the fact that both of them are alive, well and missing each other is enough for tonight.

 

"hey, lovebirds come here. they're taking pictures!"

 

yelled sehun out of nowhere.

 

jongin wanted to correct sehun's nickname immediately for both of them by smacking his head but the way soojung's soft hand grazing his shoulder telling them to hurry up, change his mind a bit.

 

hmm. maybe instead of smacking sehun's head as he intended to do, he will thank sehun. after all, there is always a first of everything.