How to make a heart skip a beat

How to make a heart skip a beat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo let the tears gather in his eyes. He loved Woohyun but he saw how the elders eyes would always land onto his brother. 

The side of him that was naive and curious had wanted to try his luck in winning Nam Woohyun. So Kim Myungsoo had gathered his courage and chased after Nam Woohyun. To his surprise, he had won and managed to get the elder as his boyfriend. 

Naively, he had thought he won the war when he really had just won a battle. Everything was fine when it was just Kim Myungsoo and Nam Woohyun, in fact everything was beautiful. He thought Woohyun loved him and maybe he did but it wasn’t till the second year that he saw the signs.

He saw how the elder would try to stop his eyes from wondering to his brother. He saw how empty Woohyun truly was when Sunggyu was around.

And Sunggyu was no better. He saw how his brother would secretly eye up His boyfriend when he thought no one was watching. He saw the little smiles and glances that he would send in Woohyuns way. He even knew that Woohyun was the reason why his brother would skip out on holiday meetings.

He was selfish, he knew but he loved Woohyun too much to let him slip out of his grasp. 

Wiping the tears that had spilt from his eyes, Myungsoo placed a smile on his face. 

—-

“You look amazing.” 

Woohyun looked up to see his boyfriend of two years leaning against the door frame. 

“You don’t look so bad yourself handsome.” Woohyun said with a smirk as he eyed his boyfriend up. His boyfriend was definitely one of the most attractive men alive with his kind eyes and boyish smile. 

“Ah is that so Mr. Nam?” His boyfriend said before pulling Woohyun to his chest and leaning his head into the crook of his neck.

“Mm yes, it is so Mr.Kim.” Woohyun said with a chuckle. His boyfriend was quiet adorable when he decided to be clingy.

“Is your brother coming by Myungsoo?”

“Yeah, mom wouldn’t let him miss New Years after he skipped out on Christmas.” Myungsoo said before hugging his boyfriend closer to him.

“Must be glad to see him, haven’t seen him since thanksgiving, Hmm?” Woohyun said as he rocked them back and forth.

“Mmm yeah, sure.” 

Woohyun snorts, “ You sounds so enthusiastic darling.”

Myungsoo moved his head from the crook of Woohyuns neck too look at Woohyun face before placing a gentle kiss onto the elders lips. “How can I be enthusiastic when I have to share you with everyone at the party?”

“You’re too cute Myungsoo.” Woohyun said with a grin as he watched a pout form on the youngers face.

“Humph, you’re lucky I love you. It’s the only reason why I let you call me cute.” Myungsoo said as he narrowed his eyes at the elder before stealing another kiss.

“Hmmm love you too, come on let’s go drive to your mother’s.” 

—— 

Woohyun took a sip of beer that was in his cup. He couldn’t help the frown that had appeared, he could never understand what was so good about beer. 

“What is the beer not to your liking?” A voice said with a chuckle.

“Pft, beer in general isn’t to my liking.” Woohyun said with a roll of his eyes. “How have you been Sunggyu? I haven’t seen you since thanksgiving.”

“Oh you know same old, same old. How have you been?” Sunggyu asked as sat on the chair that was next to Woohyun.

“I’ve been good, tired but you know, it’s all good. At least I have your brother.” Woohyun said with a slight grin.

“How is Myungsoo? He never calls me so I never know.” 

“He’s good. He’s...He’s Myungsoo, There’s no other way to say it. He’s still obsessed with chicken.” Woohyun said before laughter escaped his lips. “Kim Myungsoo and his love for chicken.”

“Ah but we love him anyway don’t we?” Sunggyu said. 

“Yeah we do.” Woohyun said with a grin as he observed the adoration in the elders eyes. 

“Wanna go get some drinks? We can go talk more.” Sunggyu said.

“Yeah sure”

——

He didn’t know how it happened. One moment he was leaving to get a drink, the next he saw them together. He saw how Woohyun seemed to talk enthusiastically to Sunggyu. He saw how his lovers face seemed to light up and he saw the adoration that clouded his brothers eyes. 

He knew what was going on, he knew what would happen. Woohyun would leave him for his brother, afterall, it was Sunggyu that truly held his lovers heart.

Perhaps it was the way Woohyun laughed or maybe it was how Sunggyu seemed to give all his attention to Woohyun but in that moment something had snapped within him. He felt the jealousy in him boil over with a side of searing pain. Along with it came anger. Anger that Woohyun couldn’t just love him. Anger that he wasn’t enough.

Without thought he drank the alcohol away. Sip after sip, glass after glass.

He wasn’t sure when the tall man appeared but he did. 

The tall man was named Sandal Which Myungsoo found to be odd but he was to drunk and devastated to care. He and sandal had talked for what seemed like forever.  He wasn’t sure why he did it but he couldn’t help the impulse to kiss this sandal.

The kiss had felt odd, It had felt different and  most of all, the kiss didn’t feel like Woohyun. He knew he should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter