prolog: 2016

The Highest Mountain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April, 2016

Jamsil Stadium, Seoul

Heechul stared with a great focus at large monitor in front of him. It displayed some animation of characters running around in a map decorated with blue and red towers. Dark patches of the fog of war indicated that the players can see what's in that area. On two opposite sides of the map, lies the nexuses, the base for each team. This game ends when one of the bases is destroyed by enemy team.  

A character of a man with guns, alongside a muscular man with a door, were facing a woman with boomerang and a girl with luminous staff who tried to defend their red tower in the middle of the map. They pushed until the red team members redacted and forced to leave the tower. Other characters, a bald man and a female clockwork came to the middle lane. Four of the members of the blue team destroyed the red tower in no time. 

"They can push the second-tier, no?" The younger man who sat next to Heechul asked. 

"Push! Push! We have wave!"

"They're doing it," Heechul commented as he listened to the voice comm of the players who were playing. 

"We got the turret! Nice!"

"Back! Back! Let's recall. Don't force fight, okay? We have no initiation."

"We need to go back and start baron. Dragging the game too long isn't good," Heechul mumbled to no one. The Baron Nashor is one of the neutral objectives contested in the game, and it granted a powerful buff to the ability of the characters. The purple giant wormlike monster had appeared since ten minutes ago. 

"Do you think it's okay to do it fifty-fifty? We're down four thousands gold," the younger man asked again, mentioning the gold deficit. Heechul grazed his lips with the back of his hand. His team was not doing really well in the early game. Now, they were down in kill score, gold, as well as tower. Those two enemy towers they'd destroyed were a slight sign of life. 

"Of course it'll be good if we could get a pick on the enemy. But if we didn't do it quickly, there's probability they'll trade for the elder." 

The Elder Dragon's buff is more powerful when the same team has slain many dragons before. This was Heechul's concern. The enemy team had taken every single dragon each time they spawned. If they took the elder, the damage they dealt would be too much. 

Now, the blue team were moving to the place of the baron and tried to sneak their way. The red team who were busy clearing waves of minions alerted and started spamming pings in the baron pit. The red team rushed their way, dropping the blue trinket, an item to clear the fog of war, and at last, they saw the blue team were hitting the baron. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter