one

stupid paper

maybe she shouldn’t have waited until the last moment to start writing her paper, but here she was, starting her paper at the very last moment. yes, master procrastinator hwang yeji.

 

the clock had ticked by for hours now, and she was certainly well into the early morning hours. there wasn’t much time left until she had to print off this bad boy and run off to class. thankfully, she just had the one class today and was done for the day afterwards.

 

she just needed to finish.

 

yeji could feel her willpower slowly slipping away and her stress levels quickly rising, but she knew she had to go on.

 

huh?

 

tired eyes blinked in confusion as something, or rather someone, popped up behind her laptop. yeji met narrowed eyes peeking over the top of her laptop, peering at her with both concern and annoyance. she had been met with this same gaze a few hours earlier when her girlfriend first nagged her about starting the paper as late as she did.

 

“why are you still up?” yeji mumbled as she poked lia’s forehead with her index finger.

 

lia scowled and swatted yeji’s finger away as she narrowed her eyes further.

 

“why are you still up?”

 

“almost done?” yeji smiled sheepishly while rubbing her neck.

 

“that’s what you said hours ago, yeji. you’re not looking too hot.”

 

this time it was yeji’s turn to scowl.

 

“what? i’m always hot.”

 

lia rolled her eyes and snorted in disbelief.

 

“just finish your stupid paper, hot stuff.”

 

yeji was about to retort, but her words were quickly taken from her as lia moved around her laptop and plopped down on her lap.

 

“you’re not going to the bed?” yeji asks in amusement.

 

“no because you’re not there,” lia grumbles as she puffs out her cheeks.

 

yeji chuckles quietly and repositions lia and her laptop so that the younger girl is more comfortable.

 

“okay, i won’t be long,” she whispers as she plants a kiss against lia’s head, earning her a soft hum in response.

 

when she shifts her eyes back to her laptop (with that stupid smile still on her face), she feels her stress slip away and her shoulders relax. the comforting weight on her chest and the quiet breathing below her chin brought about an unbelievable calm. sure, she was still detesting this paper and it’s very existence, but she was certainly feeling better.

 

yeji snorts softly as she feels lia’s breathing even out and her body snuggle further into her chest. it didn’t take very long for her to fall asleep, huh?

 

her assignment didn’t feel as painful as it did before, but it still took a very long time. by the time she pressed the print button in victory, it was only an hour before she had to head off to class.

 

yeji groaned in annoyance as she realized she had to get up soon and get ready for class. well, she supposes she doesn’t really have to get ready as she just needed to turn this darn paper in and be done with it. although, the most irritating part was having to leave lia.

 

yeji pouts as she rubs little circles on lia’s back, wishing she could stay longer. thankfully, the younger girl didn’t have class today, so she’d be here when yeji got back from class.

 

“i’ll be back soon,” she whispers into lia’s ear with a kiss on her head, being careful not to wake her up. it takes a lot of careful shuffling to remove herself from her hold without stirring the girl, but she manages. yeji makes sure that she’s settled down and throws a blanket over her before heading towards the bathroom to get ready.

 

before she heads out the door, yeji walks back towards the other girl and gives her one more smile and kiss against her forehead; she just couldn’t help it.

 

~~~

 

while yeji is incredibly overjoyed at the fact that that heinous paper is finally turned in, she’s also absolutely exhausted. she nearly falls flat on her face as she enters their apartment, tripping over air.

 

“welcome back,” lia laugh as she holds yeji steady with her arms around her neck and yeji wrapping her arms around lia’s waist in response.

 

“i’m sleepy,” yeji whines, dropping her head into the crook of lia’s neck.

 

“go change and go to sleep!” lia says sternly with a shake of her head.

 

“you dumb procrastinator,” lia mumbles as she clicks her tongue, earning her another whine from yeji.

 

“this is the last time!”

 

“don’t lie.”

 

despite her tiredness, yeji laughs lightly and smiles into lia’s neck.

 

“bed.”

 

without another word, she lets go of lia and instead grabs her hand, leading her into their bedroom. there was no way yeji was going to sleep by herself, no. this was a team effort.

 

before yeji can jump straight into bed, lia tugs her hand and pushes her to change first.

 

“no, you’re dirty! put on these,” she says as she holds out the clothing she had gotten out for yeji earlier knowing that the older girl would try to do exactly this.

 

“but i--”

 

now.

 

yeji pouts intensely but takes the clothing from lia’s hand. with a few swift movements (minus her getting her head stuck a little bit), she’s ready to go. yeji doesn’t waste a single moment jumping into the bed and under the covers, inhaling deeply and smiling in satisfaction. this was much better.

 

“come here!” yeji whines as she pokes her head outside the covers and reaches an arm out for lia.

 

lia giggles softly and puts her arm out, allowing yeji to grab onto her and pull her into bed and into her arms.

 

“better,” yeji mumbles happily as she buries her head into lia’s hair, inhaling the familiar scent. she can feel lia lightly drawing shapes on her stomach, head nestled into her chest. with her arm around lia’s waist, she pulls her in as closely as she can.

 

this was definitely better than that stupid, stupid paper.