1st goodbye - it's okay, it's not a goodbye

goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s okay, it’s not a goodbye

“Eunji!”

Almost jumping from her seat, Jung Eunji cursed silently while holding herself to not shout back. Yoon Bomi, that famous best friend of her, was the culprit. Running to Eunji from her bedroom, she could see a worried look on her face. Being alert, Eunji immediately fixed her sitting position and moved a bit to the side, giving her friend a space to join her on the couch.

“What happened?” Eunji asked immediately. It’s a lie if she wasn’t affected by her friend’s worried frown. Yoon Bomi might do love jokes, but she was never playing prank over something serious. And that look she had right now surely was not a joking face.

Bomi pushed her tablet to Eunji before replying her friend’s question-with a question. “Do you know about this?”

Eunji looked up, still confused. And when she gazed down, she could feel a painful twitch on her chest.

BREAKING: EXO’S D.O to Enlist in Summer

She looked back at her best friend who’s still looking at her, Bomi knew she didn’t know anything.

“Ouh, Eunji…,” Yoon Bomi commented with a sad tone before pulling her into a tight hug. “Didn’t he say anything? This is…”

“Hajima, Bbom… don’t continue,” Eunji gripped her friend’s clothes tightly, trying to stop her friend to jump into weird conclusion while holding her tears to fall. She didn’t even need to read the news to know what it was about.

Eunji knew she should think rationally now, rather than questioning why her boyfriend didn’t tell her anything about this, she believed he had reason. But it’s a lie if she didn’t feel hurt now.

Breathing deeply, she opened her eyes and lift her friend’s tablet again, trying to continue reading.

…that according to multiple industry sources, D.O. will be enlisting as an active duty soldier on July 1.

“What date is it today ?” her voice trembled. July 1… what about today? She mumbled, a bit panicking.

“Today? …”

Bomi pulled her body while checking at her friend, not sure about the answer.

“May 30, okay,” yet Eunji replied her own question faster. “He’s leaving on July 1,” she muttered rather for herself.

“Active duty soldier… ” Eunji continued mumbled. “… to complete his military duties as soon as possible.”

A heavy sigh followed as she handed over the tablet back to the owner. Eunji was not sure what she had to do now, after knowing this big issue in such early morning.

He has reason. She muttered silently, knowing very well that Kyungsoo wasn’t the type to hide anything from her. Also, it’s better this way, that he would leave faster so that he could return faster too. This was better.

“But at least, you should know this from him, not from news like this,” Bomi commented, forgot that Eunji had stopped her before. “Mian,” she followed apologetically, “I just want to show you that what he’s doing is not right, I mean …”

“It’s okay,” Eunji followed, a weak smile formed on her lips. “He has reason, I believe that,” she breathed and closed her eyes again, leaning back to the couch. “It’s okay, he has reason,” said her again, this time it’s surely not replying her best friend.

***

Do Kyungsoo slammed his car door rather too strong, producing a loud sound that might surprise people if only the apartment basement wasn’t empty. He didn’t much care about it though as he walked straight to the elevator. His expression was unreadable like almost all the time.

He’s furious. Eunji might immediately know if she saw this.

He pulled his phone from his pants pocket, checking one more time if she texted him. But from all the notification that kept popping, nothing from her. Silently, he bawled his fist, trying to calm himself.

When the door dinged open, Kyungwoo was flustered to see someone familiar walking to his direction. There was no one on the hallway and he could see she was surprised too. Matching eyes with him, her expression changed immediately. Yoon Bomi was angry, Kyungsoo could tell.

“Hi,” greeted him shortly, still not sure how to call this best friend of his girlfriend. They might know each other, but it’s true that Kyungsoo rarely spent time with her friends, putting him rather in awkward situation whenever they met without Eunji.

“Is she … home?”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter