final

little softie

five moments in ahn yujin's life where she just really wants to give kang hyewon the tightest of hugs and pepper her with the nicest of kisses because of the things the older girl did for her and one time where she pays back a gift of her own.

-

i.

ahn yujin had been friends with kim minjoo for god knows how long already, they've been with each other since practically their birth; their moms used to tease them how they're both attached to the hips since the day they were born. 

now now, they still had their differences even if they're practically like siblings. kim minjoo was the school fairy in their middle school with a fanbase consisting of equal portion of both boys and girls, that's minjoo's power; ahn yujin isn't that far behind in popularity but her friends are considerably smaller than that of minjoo's - maybe because she's always causing ruckus wherever her footsteps lead her, yujin didn't seem to mind the unbalanced attention towards the both of them.

but that was in middle school, high school however is an entirely different place for them. the first day they stepped inside the entrance, everyone seemingly turned their attention to minjoo. it wasn't long 'till she was already being swarmed by her new fans in the school, next thing yujin knows is that she's already standling alone and looking far away to minjoo's new circle of friends. 

she didn't mean to feel a little hollow after the scene because all her life, minjoo's already more famous than her but yujin still couldn't feel a little blue at the thought. suddenly, a tap on her shoulders had her reeling back in reality. she spins around and sees a stunningly beautiful raven-haired woman that can rival minjoo's own if she tried. the girl's beauty is a bit of scary but all thoughts about it went down the drain when the girl flashed a charming smile at ahn yujin.

"you look new around here, do you want to be friends?" the girl asks her in a nice way.

yujin feels her cheeks burning in fire as her gaze lingers at the girl's face at each passing second. she dumbly nods at her and the said girl smiles wider.

"i'm kang hyewon." she holds out her hand.

"a-ahn yuj-j-jin. " yujin stutters in embarassment but takes the hand regardless.

to say yujin's day seemingly turned around is an understatement.

-

ii. 

ahn yujin closes her notebook and bumps her head in frustration after the bell signalling their morning break rings. she had just spent two torturous hours in a chemistry class and just now, she felt her last brain cells disintegrate into nothingness. she looks up to call minjoo but to her surprise, the pink-haired girl is already walking ahead with her new friends which of course, doesn't include ahn yujin.

she scowls at the thought of it but she shakes it off her head. it's normal yudaeng, it's perfectly normal. you should just find new friends to hang out with. scurrying off, yujin finds herself in the cafeteria. it was bustling with students left and right yet yujin feels like she's all alone; at least those students have their friends with them, her supposedly best friend ditched her for some new strangers. the tall girl makes her way into the counter when a slick arm entangles itself into her own. she looks at her side and sees hyewon grinning at her widely.

"let's eat c'mon." the older girl announces.

yujin looks towards hyewon and sees her looking back, the taller girl also looks back and sees two girls with a pout etched on their faces who oddly looked like twins. clearing , yujin asks the girl.

"why'd you leave your friends hyewon-unnie?" 

hyewon is looking at the menu with furrowed eyebrows when she replies, "they can manage. besides, you look like you need company." her eyes never looking away at the list of food.

ahn yujin later learns that hyewon is an academic god when she asks for help in her impossibly hard chemistry class, her teacher pales in comparison when the raven-haired girl taught her the subject, something about her way of teaching her things made it much more simpler than before. the bell rings again and the stand up to leave but before that, hyewon inserts a piece of paper in yujin's pocket; the girl makes a phone gesture at her ear and yujin's never been thankful to any supernatural entity above the sky. maybe i found a new friend here.

-

iii.

ahn yujin's condition made her look like a zombie that recently rose from its grave, her hair is disheveled and her eyes are all red from all the crying that she did these past few weeks, her nose is as red, a product of her sniffing non-stop due to her problems. she feels tears forming again when her mind wandered back at her failing friendship with the most important person in ahn yujin's life aka. kim minjoo. 

seven months have passed since their start of classes and also in those seven months did kim minjoo drift away from yujin like a log floating in a running river. yujin sniffs and wonders where did she go wrong. she just wanted kim minjoo to go back to her and be her best friend again. her phone rings but she pays it no attention since the caller's i.d. isn't minjoo, it vibrates a couple more times before staying silent. 

"yujin! there's someone looking for you!" her mom calls out from the living room. 

yujin sniffs loudly again before wiping her tears angrily. she contemplated for a bit on what to reply and her mind just had to do it,

"if it isn't minjoo-unnie then tell them to go away!" she yells, yujin didn't mean to sound rude but the way things are going south right now, she can't help but feel a little bitter towards the world.

the door clicks and there stood the person that yujin could always count on. without thinking, she tackles hyewon in a tight, bear hug. suddenly, the dried up tears came washing again and all the sadness came bursting again and she breaks down in front of the person that never forgot her when the closest friend she had did.

"h-hyewon unnie..." yujin chokes in between sobs, her tear stricken face never leaving the older girl's chest.

despite all the mess that yujin is currently, hyewon still gently her hair and cooed comforting words in her ears; not minding the wreck in her clothes. 

"c'mon kiddo, it's not the end of the world yet." hyewon smiles at her. 

yujin's cries eventually died out and she woke up feeling a pair of arms wrapped securely around her. finally, days didn't seem to be so bad anymore. she'd have to repay back the older girl someday.

-

iv.

school days suddenly became shorter and busier as the date nears the graduation, well not for yujin but for hyewon actually. the puppy is currently walking with her older friend as they approach the gates of the university. the soft blowing of wind makes the atmosphere around them a bit chilly with a comforting aura within it. just then, yujin stood frozen in her tracks when she sees a pink-haired girl standing a couple meters away from her, a small smile written on her face but her body counteracts it nonetheless. 

hyewon looks at minjoo carefully before beckoning yujin to walk to where the girl is standing still. sweat forms in yujin's hands and on her forehead, she didn't know what she would say or do when she's face to face with her best friend again. she takes a step forward, right and another one on her left; then yujin finally runs at the older girl as minjoo does the same.

there's never been much better for a graduation gift (but yujin's not yet graduating) than to reconcile with your bestfriend. seven grief ridden months have passed by yet it all seemed to vanish the moment yujin felt minjoo's arms wrap around her; they spent the night catching up with the last seven months they were without each other.

yujin later learns that minjoo has a biggest crush on the school's radish fairy, kim chaewon; to say that the younger girl almost spat out her food in shock is pushing it a bit too far. once they stand up from the table to go home, yujin checks her phone and sees a barrage of message that succeeded in making her smile.

kwangbae: grats!

kwangbae: enjoy your time with the campus crush.

kwangbae: it was little hard getting to talk to her

kwangbae: but yeah. hope i made u smile :))

 

yeah, kang hyewon is an angel sent from heaven and no one could tell her otherwise.

-

v.

ahn yujin groans at the ray of sunlight beaming down her face, effectively waking her up for the first day of school. times like these made her feel two tumes more lethargic and she swears she'd be more than happy to disappear for a bit but her mom would always come barging in her room armed with words that makes yujin's head tick more often than not.

as she finishes up her bacon sandwich and milk (which she insists that she doesn't need because she's a grown up now), yujin slings her backpack on one side of her shoulder and walks to the nearby bus stop. she puts on her earphones to ease down her irritation at being forced to wake up at seven in the morning; however, before she could even signal the bus to stop, a loud honk of a car scared the living daylight out of her.

her brows connected and she was ready to give the smug a piece of her mind when the black tinted windows suddenly rolled down, revealing the perfect side view of a raven-haired beauty that yujin knows too much. yujin's mouth turned into a grin, revealing her pearly white teeth.

"hey puppy, missed me?" hyewon teases her.

yujin hops in the shotgun seat and blasts a playlist of red velvet in the stereo. she bounces her head to the beat while enjoying the ever moving buildings in the scenery, the said buildings morphed into small houses which indicates that they were in a neighbourhood. suddenly, the music cuts off and the car stops too.

the back door opens and a tall girl enters the back seat with a cute pout in her face. yujin bites down a gasp and she has a little hard time breathing -must be the air. the girl looked like a model for heaven's sake but she also looked like she was around yujin's age. the pout present in her face made yujin gidly on the inside and she forces herself to tear her eyes away from her and to the view outside.

"hyewon-unnieee~ i thought i'll be riding shotgun today?" the girl whines that enters yujin's ears like honey.

"maybe some other time wonnie, i have a friend here you see?" 

yujin flinches at the attention turned towards her and she cranes her neck slowly to face the beautiful girl at the back.

"h-hi i'm ahn yu-yujin." she turns beet red at her painfully awkward introduction.

the other girl forms a circle in before introducing herself as well, "hi! i'm wonyoung!" 

but she notices that wonyoung's eyes darted after she says her name, yujin looks at hyewon in hopes of getting an answer. the oldest girl just continues driving to get to the school faster. after they got there, hyewon called yujin.

"that's my cousin wonyoung, she's a year lower than you." hyewon says as a matter-of-fact.

"yeah well she looks like she hates me or something. look at her!" 

they both look at wonyoung who was fidgeting in her school sleeves.

hyewon just smiles at this and whispers into yujin's ears.

"yeah, well imagine if you just spent the last school year gushing over a certain girl and then the next year, your said crush magically appears beside your cousin."

the statement made yujin blush furiously and made her look at the ground as butterflies threatened to get out of her stomach. she must've saved a universe in her past life to get an abnormally beautiful girl to like her.

"take care of her." the older girl orders her and yujin nods; but before yujin could step away, hyewon caught her jacket and made her stand still.

"oh by the way, she easily gets lost so you might as well hold her hand." 

yujin shrugs at that but she can't deny the fuzzy feeling inside her body as she walks towards the anxious girl and slips her hand onto hers.

"c'mon wonyoung, let's get going." the older girl whispers which earned a genuine smile from the the other girl.

"don't forget to tell me when you're already dating!" 

yeah, yujin wants to give hyewon the tightest of hugs and pepper her with the nicest of kisses. 

"unnie, don't listen to my cousin please." wonyoung begs her. yujin shakes her head at that and flashes her a charming smile.

"you're cute, you know that?" 

yujin's definitely giving back something to hyewon when they meet.

-

.

.

vi.

a bright idea turned yujin's eyes into a sinister one when minjoo told her that she'll be fetching her cousin from japan that sunday and asking her whether she knows someone who can teach her cousin a thing or two about chemistry and physics.

"oh yeah unnie... i know someone who can tutor sakura-chan.

-

"err, are you sure this is a bright idea?" wonyoung asks her as they duck behind bushes to spy on her cousin. 

"relax bunny~ we're just helping out your cousin. 

wonyoung huffs at the reply but still continued with their plan. soon after, hyewon finally arrives at the cafe where minjoo's cousin is currently at. yujin fishes out her phone to record the entire scene.

an hour and a half later, a bee unknowingly flew by wonyoung's face which startled her and made her flail wildly, yujin also sees it and sends her into panic and they both run out the bushes, earning attention from the people dining inside and of course, hyewon's attention.

"yujin?"

"sakura-chan!"

"what mischief are you up to again?"

hyewon turns to look at the japanese and the younger girl when a piercing scream rocked their ears.

"hyewon-unnie!" wonyoung runs up to them, inhaling heavily.

"wonyoungie?" 

"unnie! i saw a bee and it startled me!" she complains suddenly. 

hyewon's eyes widened at that but she looks at the young girls with confusion written in her face, "woah, why are you both even here?"

yujin became instantly alarmed at that and she was about to come up with an excuse but wonyoung beat her to it.

"yujin-unnie thinks that spying on you is good because you like minjoo-unnie's cousin!" the youngest blurts out.

"you like me kangchan?!" sakura's eyes were as wide as saucers. 

the second oldest girl blushes at the question but shrugs regardless. she glares at the two before telling them,

"you little s..."

they ran off in a distance, leaving both hyewon and sakura; the atmosphere thickens quickly but sakura snakes her arms around hyewon's neck thus freezing the korean girl completely. 

"damn... it took you four study sessions to confess?" sakura breathes in her face. hyewon was about to explain but she was cut off by a pair of soft lips that captured . those ing brats.

-

yujin and wonyoung was looking at the make out session from afar with blushes on their face. the longer they stared, the more it became awkward until they couldn't take it anymore. though being caught wasn't part of their plan, yujin still deems it as a success.

"wow! they're really getting aren't they won-" 

lips crash down yujin's own and her words die out in silence, seemingly imitating the older duo, yujin finds herself wrapping her arms on wonyoung's waist while the other girl's arms were on her nape.

the plan definitely was a success.

yeah, she finally repayed hyewon-unnie.

-

fin.

 

AN: hello so basically their relationship here is like platonic because hyewon is like an older sister to yujin and yeah and also because i like annyeongz too much to be giving yujin away to our kwangbae.