D-DAY

Proposal

Nayeon's Pov

Jeongyeon is really suspicious these days. Not only her, but the also the rest of the squad. I am not a fool to not notice her disappearances everyday. She will go out for a few hours then comeback with some sort of excuse.

Whenever Jeong's not here, two or three person are with me, trying to distract me or keep me from looking for her. They thought they succeed? Oh no, I'm just waiting for the right timing to corner these fools. I'm with Chaeyoung and Jihyo at the moment.

I noticed Chaeyoung keep glancing at her wrist watch. This is my chance..

 

"Chaeng, Mina must have been waiting for you." This kid is really whipped for that girl

"Ye- ow, I mean no, no, she have a...... uh.....(gulps) she's in the grocery, restocking our fridge, yeah, definitely in the grocery..ha ha" Chaeyoung nervously replied.

 

The gulp, this kid, really, You really are Jeong's lost sister.

 

I sighed before answering " Why dont we call it a night? You should help your girl do the grocery, I'm just gonna go look for Jeo-"

"NO!" Chaeyoung and Jihyo shouted at unison

Jihyo cleared .

"I mean, I haven't eaten anything yet, would you mind us eating first?" Jihyo replied while glaring at Chaeyoung who nodded like a child.

 

They really are hiding something from me. What is happening? My Birthday is not due until next year. What are they hiding? Did jeong do something bad? Oh no.. There are many scenarios going through my head but I don't want to conclude on that one....

 

"Hellooooooo! Earth to Nayeon unnie? Im starving. Should we order take out?" 

"Ah, uhm, yes, ah, I will just go take my phone." I stood up and went to the bedroom to take my phone. I just shrugged away the thought of Jeongyeon cheating, it already hurts her being secretive to me, I dont want to add anymore pain.

------------------------------------

Third Person Pov

It's already been exactly a month. Nayeon's not having it anymore. She woke up not having Jeongyeon by her side. She is really fustrated as today is their 7th anniversarry. She is mad and sad at the same time as her partner forgot their special day.

Jeongyeon has been neglecting her a week before. Not cuddling her like the usual, not going to their weekly date. Nayeon even caught Jeongyeon awake at 3 in the morning talking with someone. It hurted Nayeon so bad that she cried till she fell asleep.

She then did something surely Jeongyeon's would be furious about. She took the taller girl's journal. Jeongyeon somehow writes everything that is important in that brown little book. 

Nayeon flipped it in the middle, where the bookmark is, and read it.

You look so wonderful in your dress

I love your fringe hair like that

the way it falls on your shoulders the side of your neck

down your shoulders and back.

Is this.... a poem? She found it weird, since when did she became so cheesy to write a poem like this. If this is Chaeyoung were talking about, maybe this is understandable but no. It's Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon who doesn't even have a slight romantic bone in her. But what is this...... who made Jeongyeon do this?

 

Then it hit her, she concluded that Jeongyeon maybe....... have another woman.

 

"Is there another one? Is she cheating one me? Is jeong getting tired of me?" Nayeon thought.

 

A single tear ran across her cheek when her door suddenly banged open.

 

"MOMO! SERIOUSLY?" Nayeon exclaimed. She quickly wiped her tears.

"Sorry, just thought you are here, Girls night out, wanna come?" Momo replied

"You should have called!" Nayeon is really frustrated for today

 

Then suddenly a Penguin appeard with along a Squirrel (YAH! AUTHORNIM! - 2na)

I mean. Mina and Sana appeared carrying a box and a dress.

 

"What is that?" Nayeon questionly looked at the three.

"Your Outfit!" Jihyo emerged from the back of the three. "You are not skipping this Girls night out."

 

Then Nayeon noticed, the four are already dressed casually. Then, why is she the only one gonna wear a formal one?

Before she could whine, she is already getting shoved into the bathroom. 

 

"Go take a bath first! These japanese girls gonna take care of you after" Jihyo then turn he heard to the japanese direction "Then you three, are gonna take care of her after, got it?" Jihyo ordered then she walked out of the room.

 

-----------------------

 

"Seriously guys, out of 5 of us I'm the only one wearing a dress, why cant I just dress normally" Nayeon whined while drinking her whine.

 

The five were at the outdoor restaurant near the bay with a stage where in at the moment, a performer is singing.

 

"By the way, this is the first time I ate here, I never even saw these a month before, did they recently opened?" Nayeon asked.

"Yeah they just did, the first thing came to my mind is to eat here, but since today is only the day I'm free, here we are!" Momo exclaimed.

 

The four other laughed at Momo's ridiculousness. Then Nayeon suddenly remember Jeongyeon, she looked down to hide her frown and tears.

 

"Hey." She felt a hand on hers."What's wrong?" She looked up to meet Mina's concerned face.

"Do you not like the food?" Jihyo worriedly asked.

"I told you to try the food here first!" Sana then smacked Momo's arm

 

Before Momo could reply, Nayeon spoke up.

"NO! No no! It's not that, the food is great! Really great, tastes like Jeong's cooking." At the mention of her partner's name, a tear escaped from her eyes.

 

The other four panicked and ran to her side, comforting her.

"It's just that....." Nayeon sniffles "I think Jeong is getting tired of me..." she then cried, she cant hold it anymore.

The other can only look at her with *coughs* (seriously, momo is trying to hold her laugh) sympathy "I love her so much, but if she is getting tired of me, she doesn't have to cheat"

 

A snort have been escaped, then a winced after.

She was so busy letting out her emotions that she didn't notice her friends making gestures.

 

" If she..... i-if sh- she don't lo-love me anymore. I'm willing to le-" 

 

Before Nayeon could finish her sentence, everything went black. 

She could feel the presence before beside her gone. She could feel then the commotion happening.
Sounds of table being moved.
Plates, and glasses clattering, but no sounds of distressed people.

It went on for a few minutes, then she was met with silence.

 

"Wha- Jihyo... Momoo..... Sana, Mina?" She tried to feel her surrounding. "Where are yo-" 

 

Then a light suddenly lit up the stage. There she is. The person she has been longing for quite sometime now. Wearing a long sleeve, tucked in a pair of jeans, partnered with black boots. Nayeon couldn't move.

Then suddenly, everything lit up once again. 

Everything is so different, the tables and chairs are gone, the only chair left is the one she's sitting at.

Then a red carpet has been laid, connecting her and the stage.

Beside the carpet, there is a large heart, surrounded with candles and petals, on the the other side the four girls she's been with is standing in the corner with her family smiling proudly at her, each holding a single rose alongside the people she could recognise.

Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, Dahyun, and Jae is on stage, holding their own respectful instrument.

Chaeyoung's on guitar. 
Dahyun's on Keyboard.
Tzuyu's on Beatbox.
And Jae's on Bass.

Then in the middle, the love of her life stands, holding a mic.

"I'm sorry baby." Jeong started. "Can't help overhearing your conversation earlier, just to make one thing clear, I'm not getring tired of you."
She paused for a second, then smiled."Never."

She signaled the crew to start. Then a melody started playing throughout the venue. 

 https://youtu.be/cHTEGQbtP1I (Link to the song, or just search Tenerife Sea, Ed sheeran)

Then her loved ones started walking towards her, one by one, each giving her the flower. First her family.

 

A/N in this part, imagine the guitar intro playing. I imagined the intro playing a little longer before singing the first verse. And imagine the song a little bit slower, since some of the lines are sang at the same time they gave the flowers.

 

Her mother gave her a hug and handed her the rose. Same with her siblings. Her dad then, gavee her a hug first before pulling and said "The song's not starting yet but you're already bawling." Her dad then chuckled. Wiped the unnoticed tear with his thumb. "I love you so much". He kissed her forehead. "I'm proud of you." He then smiled lovingly and handed her the rose. 

The next one are her friends.

 

 

You look so wonderful in your dress

 

Jeongyeon started singing. And each lyrics were heard by heart. Nayeon looked where the voice came from and met with a loving gaze. 

 

I love your hair like that

The way it falls on the side of your neck

 

Their intense gaze at each other were interrupted when Sana approached. She hugged her and whispered "Seriously, cut it out, were in public, stop your ." She chuckled at the statement and playfully smacked Sana in the arm. "I'm proud at you both. Love you two" Sana handed her the rose before leaving.

Down your shoulders and back.

Mina then approached and hugged her tight. She pulled back and said "Let us sleep tonight please. Our bedrooms are literally next to each other. I'm telling Chae to renovate our house." Mina stated with a straight face that made the latter laugh.

"Thank you guys, you guys are the best." She was also handed a flower, but now tih a teddy holding a pillow with 'I love you' written in the middle.

We are surrounded by all of these lies.

And people who talk too much

Momo is unexpectedly bawling when she approached. She engulfed the other in a long hug. Shoved the flower with 5 balloons this time. And left, too emotional to say anything.

Now, it's Jihyo's turn, approaching while bawling. She hugged the girl tightly and said "I cant believe I'm crying" both girl the chuckled. "I love you guys so much and im grateful to you both, ever since you both saved me from those kids." She kissed nayeon's forehead, and handed her a rose. With 12 papers.

She once again looked at her partner and met again with her eyes. Despite the roses and such, she listened carefully to each words being delivered with a familliar melody. She already heard this somewhere but can't point out where and when.

You've got that kind of look in your eyes

As if no one, knows anything but us.

By hearing the last few lines, she remembered the times they got together, few people threw rumors then here and there. She cried a little harder when she remembered the things they went through to reach this far.

Should this be the last thing I see

I want you to know it's enough for me

Nayeon bawled harder, if that's even possible as she is crying nonstop ever since she saw her partner standing on stage. Her fustrations were replaced with warm feeling as she can feel how sincere the words coming from her partner

Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

Jeongyeon then took the mic of the stand and started walking towards Nayeon.

I'm so inlove

Each step taken by Jeongyeon made Nayeon feel nervous. They haven't talked in a week. How much she missed her partner. She just want to run and jump into her partner's arm, but for some reason, something is stopping her.

So in love

Jeongyeon reached to her back and pulled out another paper while looking into her partner's eyes. 

So in love

Not tearing her gaze away, she reached to her back once again. Now holding a paper and a rose in one hand.

So in love

She is now in front of Nayeon. She handed her the paper and the rose. Gave her a short, loving kiss. She then took her hand. 

Nayeon felt overwhelm at everything. By this time, she was pretty sure she will have puffy eyes tomorrow.

You look so beautiful in this light

Your silhouette over me

Nayeon bravely stared back at the coffee colored orbs staring at her. 

Jeongyeon wiped the tears on the chubby cheeks with her thumbs, and started pulling her, slowly.

The way it brings out the blue in your eyes

Is the Tenerife sea

Now, they are standing inside the heart, surrounded with candles and petals. At this point, Nayeon already stopped crying. She then left nayeon and walked backwards.

And all of the voices surrounding us here

Jeongyeon gestured to their surrounding.

They just fade out when you take a breath

She smiled at Nayeon lovingly

Just say the word and I will disappear

Into the wilderness

A man then approached, holding a coat. "Its Jeong's Dad" Nayeon thought. He then helped her daughter wear the coat and looked proudly at her daughter. They hugged a bit and the man walked back to his place earlier.

And should this be the last thing I see

Jeongyeon slowly walked towards Nayeon again

I want you to know it's enough for me

She held her hand and stared at her lovingly.

Cause all that you are is all that I ever need

Jeongyeon then started to lead Nayeon to dance

I'm so inlove

She put Nayeon's other hand on her shoulder and held the other one.

so inlove

They swayed.

so inlove

so inlove

Jeongyeon then, twirled nayeon around slowly.

Lumiere, Darling

When their eyes met again. They just stared at each other lovingly

Lumiere, Over me

Soft cries can be heard, But the two didn't care. They're drowned in each other's stares

Should this be the last thing I see

They started swaying again, while staring at each other's eyes

I want you to know it's enough for me.

Jeongyeon smiled lovingly which made Nayeon cry again.

Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

Jeongyeon wiped the tears with her thumb, then engulfed the shorter girl into a hug. Nayeon bawled at her chest and snuggled closer

So in love

They swayed once more, not breaking the hug.

so in love

so in love

so in love

The younger one then pulled from their embrace and stared lovingly at her girlfriend

You look so wonderful in your dress

I love your hair like that

She tucked her girl's hair.

in the moment I knew you, Nayeon.

She hugged the older girl once again after the song who now, remembered where she heard the song. Since Chaeyoung and Mina's bedroom are literally next to theirs, she heard the melody being played a lot of times. And the lyrics? It's the poem (she thought, but turns out, it's actually a lyrics) she read on Jeong's Journal.

She whispered "Im sorry baby, for neglecting you this month. I have to prepare for this."

Jeongyeon pulled from the hug. And gestured the girl to look at the letters. The last one, given from Jeongyeon, only have the word 'ME?'. 

She looked up confused at the taller girl, but Jeonyeon just encouraged her to read more. 

The rest of the letter are the love letters sent by Jeongyeon. Everytime they celebrate their anniversarry, Jeongyeon would write her a letter. The other letters were given as a gift for her birthday. What she didn't notice though, is the word built by the first letters of each letter. Everytime she will recieve one, the First Letter would be beautifully written in the paper, she just shrugged it, thinking it's just  one of the romantic gesture. She didn't know it will lead her to the next level of their relationship.

The 12 letters spelled:

W I L L Y O U M A R R Y

followed by the last one

ME?

When she looked back at her partner, she is already on her knee, holding a maroon box, with a blue diamond, encaged with a thin silver stripes, smiling at her.

"We were best friend at first, so we already know each other since forever. We kept teasing each other, fight with each other but at the same time, we will always be at each other's side. When these feeling grew though, something changed in our friendship, we both fought everyday for different reasons, and if not for our youngest, Jihyo there, we would never be together. We both denied at first, but eventually, a reason, the last straw, that suprisingly lead us both ended up at each other's pants." Everyone laughed including the couple at this statement.

"When we got together, I felt complete, like, you're the missing piece I'm looking for. From then on, I knew that I would love to spend the rest  of my life with you, hence, the letters." She smiled sweetly at Nayeon and said "Nayeon, baby, it would be my honor to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you be the one to dirty my home because I'm a clean freak? Will you be the one who would walk the aisle with me waiting at the end? Nayeon-ah, Will you marry me?"

Nayeon is stopping herself from crying to answer but she can't. She is too overwhelemed by everything, she can't stop her emotion. So instead, she pulled the younger girl up, and kissed her, long enough to control her overwhelming emotion.

She Nodded, "Yes jeong, yes." Everybody howled and cheered. They celebrated for the new soon to be married couple.

Nayeon then embraced the taller girl. Jeongyeon returned the hug back, then pulled out, and kissed her soon-to-be-wife, once more.

 

---------------------