Make A Wish Upon The Stars

Stress, Stars and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaewon plopped herself onto the floor as the music stopped abruptly, glaring intently onto the two incomers while wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"You've been practising for too long," Eunbi stated, passing over a bottle of cold water.

Minjoo passed Chaewon a clean, dry towel as she looked at her unnie worriedly.

"I just..." Chaewon gulped down a few mouthfuls of water before saying, "I need more practice on the point choreography."

"Why?" the leader sat down, opposite Chaewon and Minjoo took a seat beside Eunbi.

Chaewon sighed. "I don't know. It just feels like...something's missing in it."

"Maybe it's just because you've been practising too much that you're stressing yourself out, unnie," Minjoo finally spoke, taking Chaewon's right hand into hers.

She could feel how Chaewon unconsciously held onto her hand as she bit her bottom lip.

"There's only a week until our next comeback, I can't risk taking a break when my dance moves aren't good enough."

"Have you tried asking Eunbi unnie or Chaeyeon unnie about your dance moves? Maybe they could help you," Minjoo asked, glancing at Eunbi.

Eunbi shook her head, "Your dance moves are perfectly done. It's just...maybe you need to put more feelings into it? You seem a little awkward sometimes."

Their new song was about having your precious ones beside you, telling them that you love them. But Chaewon being Chaewon, she usually doesn't express much of her love towards her members, and here they are talking about expressing it publicly.

Chaewon fell silent, her fingers fidgeting nervously as she frowns.

"It's getting late, Chaewon. We should head back to our dorm," Eunbi said, checking her watch.

Chaewon shook her head. "Just give me one more hour, I'll ask one of our manager to wait for me. You guys can go back first."

"Chaewon..."

"Chaewon unnie..."

"Please?" Chaewon's desperate look made Eunbi and Minjoo to take a step back and not to push her.

Eunbi exchanged a look with Minjoo and they nodded.

"I guess we'll head back first. Take care, Chaewon, and if I don't see you back in our dorm before 9pm, you're dead."

With the declaration from Eunbi, both of them walked out of the practice room, leaving Chaewon to start the music again and practice endlessly.

 

"Chaewon unnie's been stressing herself out, unnie."

Minjoo sat in the company's cafeteria, stirring her cold mocha absentmindedly. Sitting across her were Eunbi and Hyewon, with Hyewon devouring the cakes they ordered.

"I know," Eunbi sighed, a finger massaging her temple. "I know we all want her to get some rest, but you know, she's stubborn."

"Minjoo, you don't have any schedules tomorrow morning, right?" Hyewon asked, munching her Black Forest cake.

"Y-yeah, why?" Minjoo tilted her head, confused.

"Well, maybe you could bring her on a stargazing date or something."

It took a few seconds for Minjoo to process the word "date".

"Unnie! We're not dating!" Minjoo blushed, waving both her hands to clarify.

Eunbi stole a small piece of cake from Hyewon and said, "Yeah, as if we don't know you two have a crush on each other but not doing anything about it."

"To be honest, you two just date already, will you?" Hyewon swatted Eunbi's hand for stealing her cake, earning a glare from the bunny leader.

"So, you were saying, stargazing?"

After a few moments, Minjoo spoke again.

"Mm. Good way to relieve stress," Hyewon said as she started to devour another piece of cake.

"Also a good way to confess," Eunbi nonchalantly said.

Minjoo could feel the blush creeping on her face again.

"Unnie!!"

 

The alarm on Chaewon's phone rang as the time hit 8pm.

Chaewon sighed, walking over to the audio set and turned off the music.

To be honest, she still wanted to practice, but on Eunbi's words, she didn't want to die young, too.

As she briefly showered in the bathroom down the hallway, changing into dry and comfy clothes, she opted to have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter