Where Were You in the Morning

Rain in July
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: This was based on one of Hyewon’s song recommendations, Where Were You in the Morning by Shawn Mendez. A short drabble for Eunbi’s birthday.

Hyewon rolled over to her side and attempted to embrace the girl she spent last night with but was met by cold empty space. Then, it hit her—how things just never work out for her and how she thought that maybe she had this really great connection with her. Eunbi. They’ve been hanging out for months now. Hyewon really felt as if they were vibing or something. Last night, she invited Eunbi to her place for a movie night and one thing led to another. They ended up in a tangled mess of limbs and kisses. Hyewon had a great night with Eunbi. She thought Eunbi felt the same. She thought there was something in the way Eunbi looked into her eyes as she drove her to oblivion. Maybe the lust clouded Hyewon’s judgement. Eunbi even told her she wanted to get to know her better. What was she even thinking? Maybe that’s what it all was. Eunbi only wanted her for her looks and body, like everyone else. The thought left a bitter taste in Hyewon’s tongue. How is it so easy for everyone else to leave when they already got what they wanted? Hyewon sighed. What did I do wrong? How can she easily walk away?

***

“I want pancakes tomorrow morning for breakfast,” Hyewon mused as she eyed the stack of pancakes on her TV screen. She knows that this scene was rather important to the movie, but she’s seen 500 Days of Summer countless times to care. She still can’t believe Eunbi hasn’t seen this movie.

“Do you want me to cook pancakes for you?” Eunbi asked, eyes focused on the movie and hands trying desperately to grab loose pieces of popcorn inside the bowl on Hyewon’s lap.

Hyewon turned to E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter