❝ M a k e ⋅ a ⋅ W i s h ❞

G E N I E S → Seven Wishes

LOST & FOUND

"She's stuck between who she is, who she wants to be and who she should be."

 Unknown Author

"Congratulations on our hundredth twenty-fifth anniversary!" Seokjin celebrated standing at the head of the table, raising a glass of rosé wine.

His six companions looked at him seriously, without a drop of celebration inside them. A bountiful table was available with the most varied meals. Everyone's favorites, specifically. Jin had been painstaking making that commemoration worthwhile, even if the others disagreed.

"I don't understand the purpose of this dinner. Celebrate our disgrace?" Yoongi commented acidly, keeping a displeased frown but not less happy to have several lamb skewers in front of him.

"125 years together and enclosed in this house is not really cause for celebration." Namjoon agreed leaning back with an arm resting on the chair where Tae sat.

"It's not like Jin needs a reason to celebrate. He just wants to make us all sit down at the table to eat with him." Hoseok pointed with a smile and everyone agreed, knowing full well that what the older liked to do best, was eat.

"We are entering a new phase, my friends. I feel that good things will come soon." Jin commented with a smile and a thoughtful look.

"Should we make bets?" Jimin questioned with a raised eyebrow, wandering his eyes at his companions. "It would be good to resurrect old habits. We have not done this for almost 20 years." Stated.

"Tss if I remember correctly we gave up betting because with each new expectation the disappointment was a thousand times worse." Suga remembered negatively, and Jungkook lowered his head and nodded.

"We just need to learn from our mistakes and not create expectations. Let's just have fun and try to be happy for the choices made. We may not be happy but we will be fulfilling the desires of others and consequently leaving them happy." Tae pointed and everyone agreed, even if reluctantly.

"Shall we take our chances to choose the order?" Jin questioned with a half-smile and after all confirmed he made six squares of paper appear numbered 1 to 6.

He was always the last one so he did not put his number. Carefully he folded and placed the papers in his hands, shaking them to mix the squares, and then letting each member remove a piece. They all opened the folded papers at the same time, memorizing their numbers and making the papers disappear in their fingers. Some burned, some turned to dust.

"And the bets?" Jungkook questioned but before they could start betting whom of the 6 would grant the wish an overwhelming feeling petrified them by announcing that they were no longer alone.

"That was quick ..." Hobi commented smiling as he rubbed his hands and leaned back in his chair.

Jin looked back anxiously. "Good luck to us." He wished, retiring to meet the new visitor.

Seokjin walked with his hands in his pockets to the entrance of the mansion where a girl fascinated admired the grandeur of what was considered a mausoleum for his seven inhabitants. She wore dirty, torn clothes and her appearance didn't look good. She looked like a beggar in Jin's eyes and he wouldn't be surprised if she was one. Maybe she would get out of there with luck and get a wish that would completely change her life.

She turned her eyes around still admiring everything, but she was startled to meet the man staring at her. "I'm not a thief, I swear!" She said hastily, raising her hands open at the height of her trunk to prove herself harmless.

Jin smiled. "You look tired and hungry. Come, you have an immense meal waiting for you." He commented casually but the girl didn't move.

She looked at him suspiciously, alert. Seokjin sighed. He was not accustomed to the various formalities of humans and their problems with confidence.

"Sorry, we're used to getting lost people for help, often. Is that why you came here, right?" His tone was sweet, low and calm, giving her an immense tranquility.

Her head wiggled positively while he turned away and started walking. All she could do was follow him, even though she remained apprehensive. Several yards later she passed an arched doorway with french doors and went out into what looked like a garden, where a long rectangular table was arranged with six other men sitting there. Everyone turned their faces to her and that made her uneasy. Several men in one room and only one woman; she didn't need to be too smart to know that this could end up badly for her, but her belly growled loudly as she felt the scent of all those delicacies intoxicating her.

"These are Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jeongguk, Namjoon, Taehyung and I am Seokjin." The man who received her presented them all in the hourly order of their places, beginning at the right side of the table.

Jin went to sit at the top end of the table, unpretentiously, and they all returned their attention to the food completely ignoring her presence. She felt they did it on purpose, perhaps as a means of making her feel at ease and not the center of attention. None of them looked dangerous; at least she wanted to believe so.

Maybe they're part of an institution that helps homeless people. She thought. However the location of their home was very remote for that purpose.

Nervously and slowly, she approached the only free place, the opposite end of the headboard where Seokjin had sat. No one stirred or looked at her as she sat down, they were all too intent on eating. They talked to each other, commenting on the food, asking to pass dishes and bottles, keeping the at ease of people who have known each other for a long time. Eventually she relaxed and began to eat, realizing that she had not introduced herself and was now too busy filling with food.

When finally all finished eating, there was silence and the attention turned back to her. The young woman wiped with the sleeve of her coat and swallowed, waiting for someone to say something.

"How did you find us?" Jimin asked curiously.

"By chance. I was not really looking for anything but I came across this mansion."

The seven looked at each other in confusion. "You were not looking for us?" Joon asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Actually I was just lost in the woods trying to find my way back to town. I had the brilliant idea to come camping, and well ... I got lost. For a moment I thought I was going to die forgotten in this forest and it was when I was almost losing hope that I saw this house. Strange and hidden place to build a house. You do not have roads or paths nearby, how do you get from here to the city?" Now that she had begun to speak, she couldn't help it. She felt a stranger at ease to expose himself, and only realized that she had spoken too much when she finished.

"So now we're in a forest..." Tae muttered and Yoongi kicked his ankle under the table.

The girl narrowed her eyes at the scene. "Why should I be looking for you?" she asked confused but then she remembered the host's speech. "Seokjin said that you guys usually help people, are you some kind of charity?" asked glancing at the seven men.

They looked at each other, waiting for someone to speak. "Because it's what all humans do when they hear about our existence." Kook replied after everyone shrugged whether to speak the truth or not.

"Humans? You speak as if you were not human." She frowned at that speech. Realizing the seriousness of their expressions, her eyes widened. "Are you aliens?" There was a hint of irony and disbelief in her question.

"We are not from another planet but we are not terrestrial either." Jungkook answered and the girl's eyes widened even more in shock.

"Either you think this joke is funny or I must have hit my head too hard to be having this kind of hallucination." She whispered with her eyes downcast and with a hand on the back of her head, chasing some lump on her skull.

Suga leaned across the table and reached for her arm, gripping it tightly and pinching her. The girl let out an interjection of pain and stared at the man with a furious expression mixed with disbelief at what he had just done.

"You're not hallucinating and we're not joking. We are magical beings; Genies to be exact." He told bluntly, getting grunts from his six companions.

The young woman looked at everyone seriously and suddenly fell into hysterical laughter, causing the seven to stay silent and staring at her in confusion.

"Genies, huh? Oh my, this turned into the Aladdin, was it? So I have 3 desires each?" She mumbled sarcastically, really discredited from the conversation.

She didn't understood why they were playing with her; perhaps with the intention of making her relax and in a way it was working.

"In fact you only have the right to a desire related to a theme." Hoseok corrected.

"Seven genies and one wish each? Not bad." She said, folding her arms.

"Just a wish; total." Joon said, correcting her.

"Gee, you're really penny-pinchers, uh. Okay, let's say I believe you, what could you grant me?" She asked, getting into their little game.

"Beauty." Taehyung began.

"Fame." Jimin continued.

"Money." Yoongi, sated by Jimin, said.

"Love." Jungkook went on.

"Intelligence." Namjoon replied.

"Happiness." Hoseok said with a smile.

"Freedom." Seokjin finished.

"And I can only choose one of these desires?" The girl asked after a few seconds of silence, admiring the seriousness with which they carried the joke.

"We have to first show you what you will get, actually, when you choose one of us." Taehyung adverted.

"See this like we seducing you with our powers." Jimin said smirking at her.

"Like a school work presentation?" She asked wryly.

"More sophisticated but yes." Hobi replied with a roguish smile.

"Gee, you're really committed to it. Okay, okay, I'm beginning to be interested in your proposals." She gave in, still totally discredited but enjoying all that.

Maybe she was being totally reckless to enter their game. A scared little voice in her head said that she should be running away but another one, one more brave and believer, from her heart, said that they were trustable. She only prayed that none of them - or all of them - would be a psychopath and that she was falling into a trap. A deadly one.

 

BETWEEN DREAMS

"There's no use in going back to yesterday because I was a different person back then." 

▬ Lewis Caroll, Alice in Wonderland

The seven of them looked at each other and Taehyung was the first to rise, walking over to the girl and holding out his hand chivalrously to her. "I'll start." He indicated, waiting for her to lay her hand on his to guide her into the house.

The two walked down the long corridors of the mansion and up a marble staircase to the second floor, where the bedrooms were. The girl stopped her walk and, still holding Tae's hand, pulled him to a stop as well.

V looked back and smiled softly. "Each room is thematic and related to our wishes." Explained but she didn't felt confident still. "You're safe here." He assured her.

As much as she had trusting problems, the way he looked at her and spoke those words brought her a strange security. Maybe she was walking into the abyss but when there's nothing left to lose, hell makes no difference.

He entered the doors of one of the rooms, leaving it open, waiting for the guest, and disappearing inside. She walked slowly, standing hesitantly and when she finally was enough she peered into the interior, curious, seeing a room like any other; refined, in creams tones and carved wooden furniture.

However as soon as she stepped inside, her body was pulled into the center by an invisible force, the door closed and everything went pitch black. A spotlight illuminated where she was now standing and in front of her appeared a large full-body mirror, with flowery carving in the silver-painted iron frameIf that was a trick, it's pretty convincingOr maybe they were really magical genies. She thought.

The woman looked at the mirror and saw before her eyes her reflection transfigured. The thick, heavy and old clothes turned into a beautiful and delicate sky blue dress, belted, with a heart neckline and a slightly round skirt. Her body gained more curvilinear forms in the right places and lost volume in other ones, and her physiognomy lengthened. Her face lost the heavy expressions with stained skin and the dark circles under her cloudy eyes, that gained glow and more vivid tones, getting a more even and smooth skin with no moles, marks or scars. Her lashes became longer and fuller and her lips thicker. Her hair became bulky with a beautiful body and healthy, shiny strands.

She studied herself protractedly. The one in front of her wasn't her...but it was exactly her; with less imperfections and standardized; elegant and slender. There was no doubt that in the eyes of the majority she was, now, dazzling, attractive. However her identity was lost.

Out of nowhere, the figure of Taehyung appeared behind her in the reflection. "I didn't even have to change much. You are naturally pretty." He mumbled hoarsely close to her ear, placing his hands on her shoulders.

The young woman shivered at the touch and closeness of the man and stared at V through the mirror reflection. He was truly handsome, breathtaking; a true hearts-robbing prince. The dream of any girl.

"With your beauty you can achieve everything. Fame, love, money even..." He added at her lost and dazzled gaze on him.

"That's not me." She murmured, turning her gaze to her own image, frowning in sadness.

"But it can be. You just need to want it."

"Beauty isn't eternal." She answered firmly.

"Nothing is eternal but make the most of it as much as you want and you'll have the world at your feet. Beauty opens doors." No words would be truer but she knew that beauty brought more misery than happiness. At least for her.

Not always she was like that, a piece of human rag, unpleasant to look at. One day she was close to what her reflection showed she could be; and nothing about being beautiful and attractive was beneficial enough to make up for the suffering she went through.

"I don't want to be pretty." She denied vehemently.

"Think about it. If you refuse you will no longer entitled to this desire." Tae warned, patiently.

"This is not for me." decreed, hurrying out of the room and finding Jimin waiting for her.

The man was leaning against the opposite wall with his foot resting on it and his hands in his pockets. "My turn." He hummed, holding out his hand to her.

The girl looked back and bit her lip, then looked at herself realizing she had lost the look that the mirror had shown her. Had she made the right decision? She was too young when she had beauty, she was innocent, naive. Now she knew what to expect and how to fight.

Taehyung's last words resounded in her mind and she hesitated. "If I leave the room without accepting or declining the desire, can't I change my mind later?" Asked wanting to clarify all the rules.

Now that she was sure they were telling the truth, she didn't want to risk ruining her chances.

"The offer just keeps standing until you step into another room with another genie. The moment you agree to move on, you lose your previous desire and you can't get it back." Jimin clarified calmly.

"So if I don't come in with you now, can I still choose the previous wish?" She asked wanting to know all the rules and consequences her choices and decisions would imply.

"Yes." Tae confirmed as he emerged from his bedroom.

The girl hesitated looking from one to the other and pondering. That decision seemed more difficult than it was but in the end she decided she preferred not to risk being beautiful again. Her hand reached for Jimin's and the two entered his room. Again, as soon as she stepped inside, the gorgeous red room turned into something else. Everything went dark and slowly in front of her small flashes began firing in her direction, becoming more numerous and more persistent.

"Look here!"

"What's like being the newest sensation of the moment?"

"Pose here, please."

"What's the secret of your success?"

"Smile."

The space was a chaos of different voices and silhouettes coming from the backside of a partition and of the consecutive flashes.

"Your ascension will be in all tabloids of the world, your work will be the most requested. Everything you ever dreamed will come true. All people will mirror themselves in the exemple of your success, you will be an inspiration and this will attract power and lots of money, accordingly. Everything you've ever wanted is a foot away from your reach. You just have to say yes to me." Jimin said with a seductive smile, hard to resist.

"Fame is suffocating. I don't want to feel any more distressed than I already feel." She denied retreating to the exit and watching that fantasy fade and make space for a normal bedroom.

Outside the room she leaned on her knees and took a deep breath. She knew she had to think straight before making any decision but only that small preview of what her life would turn, left her in a state of impending panic.

"Come if you decide so." Suga announced boringly, rolling his eyes to her state and entering his room a few doors after Jimin's.

The woman narrowed her eyes at the ornery mood of the genie and wondered if she could jump out his wish only for peeve. She tried to remember what his desire was. She remembered that there was still love, intelligence and money left, and that the latter, freedom, belonged to Seokjin but didn't recorded what Yoongi's wish was. Any one of the three were more irresistible than the first two and she didn't want to risk losing an important wish.

Suddenly she blinked and tilted her head, weirdly feeling that she was missing a desire. They were seven guys and she counted so far only six wishes. "Maybe the one I'm missing is Yoongi's." Thought out load, trying her best to remember.

In silence she rewinded the memory of their presentation, their names and their wishes. When she finally remembered that was happiness that was missing, even though she couldn't remember to whom it belonged, she took a long laugh realizing that it could never be Yoongi's wish. Or could it?

 

RUSH RUSH

"It's not what is on the outside but what it is on the inside that counts." 

▬ Aladdin

With a deep breath she walked to the room where he had entered. From outside she looked at the empty room with dark blue walls. Her frown creased and she stared at the genie sitting on a golden chair at the center. He smirked and said. "I need all the space to fulfill your wish." Beckoned her to enter.

As soon as she did so, the room was filled with the most varied treasures. A pirate would feel in paradise there. Mountains of stacked gold bars, various jewels with the most diverse precious gems filled chests, and there were wads of bills rolled and scattered around the room.

"Think of all the money in the world and you shall have. Anything you want to buy will be yours. No limits." Suga presented his proposal and although he wasn't as appealing or seductive as Tae and Jimin were, his desire was definitely hard to resiste.

The woman's mind traveled to everything she could do if she were rich. She always thought money was the source for solving all problems but she wasn't that naive to think that it wouldn't also be the source of other problems. This was an almost impossible decision but a necessary one.

Should she refuse love and happiness? Or intelligence? And what means to have freedom? Would it be too ambitious to want more than money? Money wouldn't fill her life with love and happiness. Are those feelings more important than all the money in the world?

Yoongi looked at her impatiently and sighed loudly, gradually making her burn in anger. Impulsively she left the room. She could not bear to keep looking at that arrogant genie.

"Don't resent Suga. He looks like a grumpy, annoying person but deep down he has a soft side. He's just worried and discredited." Jungkook commented and she turned to see him standing a few feet away, across the hall.

"With what?"

"With us."

"Because...?" She asked curiously, frowning.

"Remember Aladdin's story?" replied rhetorical, displaying a mysterious smile before returning to his room.

She did remember but couldn't understand where he was getting. Aladdin had three wishes, unlike her. He wanted to be a rich prince to marry Jasmine. Was that Kook's tip for her? That she should accept Suga's desire? Frustrated for not comprehending what he was referring to, she walked behind him and entered the room, widening her eyes when she realized what she had just did.

"Oh great." snorted ironic and angry with herself. Now she didn't need to choose anymore.

Preferring to forget her mistake, she decided to only focus on what was ahead. Her heart missed a beat as she entered the room in shades of pink. Several petals were scattered around the room, and the porch doors were open. Outside a round table was set with a white tablecloth, two plates covered with aluminum domes, and a red candle burned in the center. An emotive smile widened in her face as Jungkook emerged from the porch with a bunch of red roses, which he smelled before he looked up at her and smiled in the most passionate way possible.

Her heart raced. That sensation was so precious to her, an incurable romantic. She has always wanted an overwhelming love; intense, deep and eternal. A true love capable of making your life seem like a sea of roses. So whenever she fell in love, her expectations exceeded the limits of normalicy and she always ended up with her face, her heart and her confidence in herself broken.

"Love hurts." She denied Jungkook an opportunity to present his wish properly.

With a few strides she found herself in the hall again. She was being reckless and wasting wishes for nothing. Soon she regretted refusing Yoongi's wish right away. At least with money, she could have anything she wanted. She could travel, buy things she always wanted, meet new places, new people...

"Stupid stupid stupid!" She cursed herself, banging her hands in her head, as she released the air heavily.

Now she only had three more wishes ahead. Freedom, happiness and intelligence. At that moment she really needed intelligence to make a decision and in response to her thought Namjoon emerged and pointed to the interior of his room. Without hesitation she made her way to the room, which was nothing more than a large library.

Her eyes widened in fascination and Joon came up beside her, carrying a large encyclopedia and wearing round glasses that fit perfectly on his face.

"How wonderful would it be to have the knowledge of the universe in your head? You could be a genius, the new great name for the history, of science, medicine, astrology, literature, physics... whatever you want to know, anything you want to have. Intelligence will bring you the best opportunities, the best ideas, will give you fame, money and the world at your feet." Joon presented his proposal and in fact that kind of power seemed tempting.

She could find cures for diseases; invent new technologies, save people, countries, the world! Her name would be printed forever in history. She could change everyone's life... except hers. Intelligence could be overwhelming, lonely and too much for her to bear.

She knew how crushing it could be to a genius to have so many thoughts and ideas guarded, to want to bring everything to life and die without being able to complete half of the projects. It would be agonizing.

"Damn it, why can I only find fault in all desires that are proposed to me?" shouted angry with herself, digging her fingers through her tangled hair.

"None of these decisions are easy, don't demand too much of yourself." He advised putting a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down.

"Right now I needed some intelligence to make decisions with my head, not my heart." She whimpered looking at Namjoon with a frustrated, defeatist look.

He only pressed his lips together in a clear gesture of powerlessness towards helping her. None of them could decide for her and she just had to weigh the pros and cons of every desire. No matter how seductive this desire was, it was not idealistic. She had the same agonizing feeling that fame brought and she hated that sensation. Defeated, she headed for the outside and let herself slip to the floor.

 

LAST CHOICE, LAST CHANCE

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." 

▬ Jean de la Fontaine

"What's good in all the other desires if you can't fully enjoy them?" Hoseok inquired as he crouched beside her with a big, contagious smile.

She lifted her sad face, gave a small smile and nodded. She couldn't be dazzled by futile or fleeting things if they would only bring suffering. Happiness would surely be her final decision.

Hobi reached out for her and she promptly laid her hand on his open palm and stood up with his help. The two of them entered his yellow room where he showed his wish with amusement. All the time she spent with him she didn't stop laughing, enjoying his fun company with the lightness she needed so badly. Of them all, J-Hope was the genie with whom she spent most time.

"Happiness means success, love, financial stability and a full life. Happiness every day, at all times, in all situations." He presented with a huge, unwavering smile that made her day brighter, yet those last words made her frown and he became serious.

For someone who has spent all her life in suffering, happiness seemed an utopia. She knew how to self-sabotage whenever she bordered on something similar to that. The decision to accept that wish would be the wrong one. It was precisely because she had suffered so much that she knew how important those hard feelings could be at certain times. They meant down-to-earth mind, empathy, kindness, learning. Constant and eternal happiness was illusory.

Defeated, she left the room with the full consciousness that she would leave without anything. She didn't yet understood what freedom meant and was surprised when she found all the genies waiting for her in the hall.

"You are the first in many decades to refuse the six wishes." Seokjin announced perplexed and with a bright complexion.

The others were brighter too but a little apprehensive also and she felt that something important was about to happen. Was freedom that good as a wish?

"Sorry for being rude to some of you. You may be thinking I'm too ambitious, right?" She whimpered apologetic in frustration.

"There's no need for apologies." Namjoon said seriously.

"At least not from you to us." Jimin proceded in a murmur.

"It might be the other way around." V whispered back at his friend but she didn't listen to their private conversation.

"Oh well, I still have my last wish. Whatever freedom is. It's all or nothing now." She shrugged, walking toward Jin.

"Do not disappoint us." Yoongi commented as she walked by him, making her stop and look at him surprised.

He talked with a different tone from what he presented her previously. He was not defensive, arrogant or ironic. He seemed pleading and somewhat hopeful. This left her completely speechless and unresponsive and somewhat empathetic toward him.

Suddenly Jungkook's words sounded in her mind. "He's just worried. Remember Aladdin's story?" She felt that it meant something important and suddenly found herself rewinding the story in her head. His second wish was wasted when he was drowning and asked the Genie to save him... or was Jungkook referring to the romance, the sacrifices, the originality that Jasmine wanted Aladdin to maintain? None of that made sense anymore and she couldn't really guess what the young genie meant.

Jin then caught her attention and invited her into his room. Still aerial she sitted in the chair he offered and drinked the sweet and warm tea he served her. "The last wish is not yours." The genie spoke in an apprehensive, fearful tone, analyzing her carefully. "It's ours." added and her eyes widened.

She almost spilled the tea over herself as she finally decoded Kook's words that been tormenting her until now.

"Freedom ... your freedom!" She concluded by remembering Aladdin's last wish. Free the Genie from the magic lamp. Jin nodded briefly as her face blanked, perplexed. Suddenly a thought came into her mind. "You said I was the first in many decades to refuse the six wishes. This means that someone previously reached you." Affirmed trying to make sense to her mind. Seokjin nodded and she proceeded. "And that person didn't release you." She went on and he spread his arms toward the mansion in a clear gesture of clarification to her rhetoric question.

"Take the time you need to decide. I understand that it might seem unfair to loose six wishes, and that what was to be your last one turned out to be a trap... Don't make a rash decision." He requested in an almost imploring manner.

Before she could say anything, Seokjin withdrew, leaving her alone in the bedroom. He seemed to have misread her astonished expression but she didn't complain for the time alone. She was bad at making decisions, hasty, impulsive. She had lost everything but she never had anything anyways, so she hadn't really lost nothing. While they... they were there imprisoned for eternity, granting wishes, hoping that someday someone might grant their greatest desire.

Would they spend their lives locked up in that mansion? How many decades have they been there?

Suga's aggression came to her head in a flash and at that moment she understood his reaction. He could be the most unfriendly one at a first glance but he was also the most transparent one. After so many illusions and delusions, he wouldn't allow himself to believe again and she identified herself alarmingly with it. The glow of hope and sadness in his gaze in the hallway, moments before, vibrated in her mind and a certainty settled on her chest. She could leave there without nothing but she wouldn't be able to leave without giving something.

 

END OF THE ROAD

"In the end she became more than she expected. She became the jorney and, like all jorneys, she did not end, she simply just changed directions and kept going." 

▬ R.M. Drake

In a leap she stood up and walked steadily out of the room, through the long corridor, down the curving staircase and followed the sound of the genies' voices. They were all gathered in a art's room, not really looking hopeful that she would make a favorable decision for them. They were so accustomed to disappointment that they expected nothing of her.

"I made my decision." She announced and Jin turned his face to her, followed by everyone else. "I accept." The seven looked at each other in confusion, disbelieved. "I accept the last wish. I grant your freedom." Clarified and the expressions of ecstasy and emotion took the faces of everyone, who embraced one and other commemoratively.

"Are you sure of that decision? Are you fully aware of the meaning of this desire?" Yoongi insisted on confirming, breathing so heavily that his chest swelled every breath.

"Does it mean you will not grant anyone any more wishes and that you can finally get out of this macabre mansion?" She asked rhetoricly and they nodded with tears of happiness shining in their eyes.

"Thank you." Hobi murmured in a faint voice of emotion, pulling her into a tight but quick hug and then letting her go and following his group out of that mansion.

The sense of accomplishment hited her and a small smile of relief grew in the corner of her lips. She saw them leave, hugged, free, and her gaze wandered the mansion. Would it cease to exist as soon as they left? It wouldn't be a bad idea to stay here. She thought but then Taehyung glanced over his shoulder and stopped walking.

"Are you coming?" Asked and she shrugged realizing that the house would probably disappear.

She walked behind him and out the door but instead of the forest where she got lost, the outside featured a common road in the middle of a suburban village. Her gaze turned back and the mansion was still there. There she understood what V meant by "Now we are in a forest." The house changes places. It appeared to her not by chance but when she needed it the most. She could had it all. Her shoulders hunched resigned. She would just have to move on.

"You know, we're genies." Jimin started and she turned to face them.

"We were obliged to grant wishes." Jungkook continued.

"Now we're free." Hobi smiled thankful.

"But that does not relieve us of our powers." Tae pointed out.

"We can no longer grant desires." Joon alerted.

"Not exactly." Yoongi smiled for the first time, making a stack of bills appear in his hands.

"Do you want to continue this journey with us?" Jin invited her, reaching his hand for her.

The girl's eyes widened perplexed and filled with tears. An emotional smile opened as her hand touched Jin's. After all, she hadn't lost anything, she had won everything.

THE END