1

obscura

dahyun was wandering around in her dreamland until the alarm from her phone started ringing. dahyun slowly opened her eyes, and then closed it again. 

then she sighed.

she just woke up to another day. it means she had to deal with another annoying whiny spoiled model.

dahyun then opened her eyes again. she streched out her left hand, trying to reach her phone on the nightstand beside her bed, and turned off the alarm. dahyun got up, and leaned her head to the bed heardboard behind her.

her eyes wandered around her bedroom. there was nothing to see, but it's one of dahyun's habit. her bedroom is empty (of course, dahyun lives alone) as always. it's still a bit dark (because she turned off the lamp last night), with sunlight peeking through the window. 

dahyun is a photographer. and yes, she is one of the best. dahyun is known as the most skilled photographer in south korea, and of course with that title, she has been working with a lot of idols and models from around the world. all of her friends are jealous of her job, how she can meet a lot of popular people everyday. it does sound good, but it's not as good as what people thinks.

dahyun believes, every person has three sides. the first one, the side they show to people around them. second, the side they show to their closest one. third, the truely side of theirselves.

they always act really kind in front of camera. of course, it's the perks of being popular. you have to show what the world wants to see. 

but, being a photographer that works in a studio, dahyun gets to see their real sides, and unfortunately, they are the bad one..

well, dahyun admits, maybe not of them. but "most of them" are.

they get mad easily (even by simple things). they are so annoying and whiny. and dahyun always gets headache because of them.

they are really hard to cooperate with. and the worst thing is, dahyun can't get mad at them either because they are the ing models and dahyun is only their photographer here. dahyun still remembers, one of the model she has worked with (she forgot her name, she didn't want to remember wither) got really mad because her assistant accidentally put tomato sauce (which she hated the most) inside her burger, and she left the studio. dahyun and her team really had a hard time because of that. she had to convince the model, and re-arranged all of the schedule.

dahyun's phone suddenly rang, woke her from her deep thoughts. dahyun looked at her phone screen. there was an incoming call from chaeyoung, her friend slash her asisstant in the team.

"hello?"

"dahyun, you have to come here, now."

"what?"

dahyun looks at the wall clock in front her. it's still 7 am.

"it's still 7, chae. today's session will start at 9."

"i know. but they suddenly called and said they need to finish it before 1 pm because they have another schedule to attend. and it's impossible for us to finish it before 1 am if we start on 9, right?"

"so..? when do they want us to start?"

"7.45."

"are you ing kididing me?"

"i'm not. i contacted everyone. so you better get off your here. i'm on the way to the studio, see you there."

with that, chaeyoung hung up the call.

dahyun closed her eyes, and sighed.

"."

dahyun groaned.

-

when dahyun arrived, everyone was preparing, in hurry of course. seems like she was the last person chaeyoung contacted.

chaeyoung walked towards her with two bags in her hands.

"is everything ready?"

"we are almost done. everyone is so fast. i just need to set up a few things, then we are ready."

dahyun looked at her watch on her wrist.

"we still have 15 minutes before they come."

"yeah, i really thought that we wouldn't make it you know." chaeyoung laughed.

"i swear, chae. i really want to quit this job."

chaeyoung's laughed even harder.

"you know you want. you have said that a lot of times, but look, you are still here."

chaeyoung gave a light tap on dahyun's shoulder.

"aren't we used to this? i mean, we face this almost everyday."

"but still, i'm tired sometimes. i was freaking out for real when you called. anyways, who we will be working with today?"

"you don't know? i sent you the proposal three days ago. it's minatozaki sana. she is a model from japan."

minatozaki sana.

dahyun has heard a lot of times about her, but she is not really sure.

"oh, okay."

"that's all??"

dahyun frowned.

"how am i so supposed to react?"

"well, she is so popular, and... nevermind. you will find out later. i'll go first, i need to finish those before they arrived."

with that, chaeyoung left. dahyun didn't think too much about what chaeyoung has said earlier.

she heads to her work spot, and setting up her camera.

-

"they arrived."

dahyun heard one of her team member screamed. she put her camera on the table, and turned her back, looking at the entrance door. she can hear a lot of steps, and it's getting clearer. they are getting closer and closer.

dahyun finally can see a group of people entering the studio. they didn't bring so much people, only 5 including the model, dahyun guessed. dahyun is still looking for minatozaki sana- the model's name that dahyun will work with today.

dahyun finally spotted the model, and she finally understood about what chaeyoung has told her earlier.

she is ethereal.

dahyun has been in this industry for 5 years. she has worked with a lot of models and idols, but she has never met someone as beautiful as minatozaki sana. dahyun was standing a bit far from the model. but she can already feel the aura radiated from the latter.

dahyun was too focused at the model (and dahyun was sure the latter noticed about how dahyun kept staring at her, but dahyun was too in awe to think about that), she didn't even realize that they are walking closer to her direction.

they finally stopped in front of dahyun. and it was minatozaki sana that was standing in front of her. she was even more beautiful from this distance, dahyun thought.

dahyun scanned minatozaki's face. her blonde hair, her flawless skin, her hazelnut colored and sparkling eyes, her semi-crooked nose, and her full red lips.

dahyun really wanted to scream.

minatozaki sana is too much to handle.

"this is our photographer, kim dahyun."

chaeyoung's voice brought dahyun back.

"o-oh, hello. i'm kim dahyun. i'm the photographer, hope we can work well." dahyun flashed her soft smile.

"i'm minatozaki sana. nice to see you." 

dahyun swore, she just saw sana smirking at her. she felt like she wanted to melt..

"you can follow him, he will bring you to your waiting room. youngjae, please show them the waiting room."

before sana left, they made an eye contact again. and sana smirked again.

dahyun's feet felt like jelly.

"do you understand now about what i told you earlier? you are so obvious, dahyun. you gay panicked."

"shut up chaeyoung, don't tease me. and someone like her can't be gay, okay?"

"wow, dahyun. i think you have to give more effort on researching before you work with someone, okay? minatozaki sana is gay. how can you don't know about that?"

"she- WHAT?"

chayeoung rolled her eyes.

"yes, she is. go dahyun, get her."

"you are crazy, chae."

"just saying."

-

not long after the awkward -eyecontact- moment between dahyun and sana, they start the first photo session. dahyun was actually surprised at sana. she is not a whiny or annoying or whatever dahyun said about most of the models she has worked with. sana was really coorperative, and she went along really well to with everyone. she was really polite, despite her title as the number one japanese model.

yes, after chaeyoung told her about minatozaki sana's uality, dahyun did a research on internet about her. she was just scared the younger was fooling her. but chaeyoung was right about minatozaki sana's uality, which made dahyun really surprised. she learned another things too about the model, things like that she is a japanese (her name said it all actually, and the "#1 japanese model" given to her. dahyun can totally understand. minatozaki deserved that title. she was so beautiful and breathtaking. 

it was never hard for dahyun to taking photos, but today is a exception. dahyun barely could concentrate, and dahyun herself knew the reason.

it was because she was working with minatozaki sana.

and it was ing minatozaki sana she was taking photos of.

"okay, the first session has finished. we will have 15 minutes break before the second one." chaeyoung said.

sana and her assistant went back to their waiting room to have some touches on her make ups and outfits. dahyun put her camera on the table, and sit on the chair.

it's only the first session, but dahyun was really exhausted.

"what's wrong?"

chaeyoung stood beside her, and gave dahyun a confused look.

"you are not usually like this, dahyun."

chaeyoung has been working from the start with dahyun, of course the younger knew dahyun really well.

"is it because of minatozaki sama?" chaeyoung teased.

dahyun was not going to deny.

"yes, you are right. she somehow affects me. i can't really concentrate."

"are you crushing on her?"

"i'm not."

suddenly, someone that dahyun acknowlegde as myoui mina- sana's assitant approached her.

"sorry for bothering, but sana wants to meet you."

"what?"

-tbc