1/1

Vows: To Love and To Cherish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


a/n: Rosekook wedding au! With a twist :p i haven't written a oneshot for a long time so forgive me for being rusty hahah! 

               

——————————

"And do you Park a Chaeyoung take this man as your lawfully wedded husband..again?" 

The crowd erupts in laughter as they watched the bride and groom who also shared a good chuckle at the priest's remark, hands tightening on each other as they looked into the eyes of their life partner with a hint of assurance and of course a lot of love.

"Hmm, should I?" Chaeyoung wished she had a camera to take a photo of her soon to be husband's reaction, the way his brows tied themselves together as his eyes open wide in shock, gripping on her hands tighter as the look of worry flashed in his handsome features. 

This made her laugh, it was her wedding after all she had every right to enjoy it and if teasing her man wasn't part of it then why get married right? But she decides to stop joking when he sees genuine worry in his face and with a single nod, she finally lets out the words almost the entire crowd has been waiting for her to say.

"I do."  Leaving her red rosy lips smoothly, she smiles widely at her partner as he did the same, relived that she hadn't change her mind in the last minute, a sudden surge of electricity causing every inch of body hair to tingle in her when he instantly pulls her body close to his as the priest finally says. "And so with the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife."

"You may now kiss the bride."

And as if it would be the couple's first,  the crowd goes wild when Jeon Jungkook pulls Jeon a Chaeyoung close to him and dip his head to attach his lips to hers, locking the promise of forever, again.

——————————

"So this time it's forever?" With a hand locking her boyfriend's arm close to her, Lisa raises a brow at her best friend who was holding on to the glass of champagne as she waits for her husband to finish talking to his friends. "Yah, Park Chaeyoung!"

She doesn't know how many times she had laughed today, but once again she did so, just sharing her genuine happiness to almost everyone she meets. "Hopefully." She smiles.

"What do you mean hopefully?" Lisa unlocks Bambam from her grasp and pulls the bride close to her without any of the guests noticing.

"You are not gonna ugly cry on me after he divorced you, then beg me to give him a second chance, and then come here to be your maid of honor for your second wedding with that man and tell me that your gonna break up again." She glares. 

"Everyone deserves a second chance, Lisa." The bride still remains rooted with her smile as she puts a hand over her best friend who she will always be thankful for since she was the very person who stayed with her through everything.

Lisa pouts. "Fine. But second is the only thing I'll agree on. If he breaks your heart for the third time I will make sure to wipe him out of your misery and the entire world." 

"Is everything okay here." Speaking of the devil, the lovely groom comes and encircles his arm over his wife's waist, giving a soft kiss on her forehead before nodding to Lisa's presence, gulping a lump in his throat when the other girl gives him a glare before walking away to find her own boyfriend.

"She still hates me huh?" Jungkook hid his face in the back of her head, taking in her sweet fruity shampoo as his hand intertwines their fingers. 

Chaeyoung notes her husband's disappointment, and caresses the back of his hands, assuring him. "Lisa, will come along Jungkook, she just needs more time but eventually she will come along."

"Just like me." She chuckles and this time he presses a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm sorry." He whispers, tightening his hold on her waist, the number of guests disappearing as to them only their partners existed and it was the only thing that and should matter.

"I already forgave you though." She smiles. "From the very time that knocked on my door, deep down I knew that you had been slowly forgiven, I could never get mad at you for too long."

"But—"

"But nothing Jungkook. Everything's okay now and I want you to stop thinking of what happened before. What's done is done, let's just be grateful that somehow fate wrote our stories the way it was and we now still are together. To me, that's what matters. I forgave you and by now you should forgive yourself too okay?" She turns and cups his face, kissing the tip of his nose before turning her back once again.

"Now come on big baby, we still have to slice the cake." She pulls him with her, and he simply allows her because that was one thing he knew he never allowed her before. One of the things he banned her to do because he was too prideful. Not wanting to be judged by the people around him making him blind and in the end almost losing the greatest gift life has ever given him.

And maybe if he never learned to take down that same pride, he still would've been alone by now, never knowing what he lost. He probably would be alone in their shared home blaming everything on her despite it was his mistake or partially he had a fault in it too. 

Looking around the venue he locks his gaze with his best friend who showed him to thumbs up and smiling widely. Jungkook returns it and thinks that he owes that man a lot, because if it weren't for  Jimin then maybe he would never have woken up from his own fantasy. He'd be stuck and not move on, he probably would not have found her, everything could have just been left broken between them.

But Jimin was there to give him the wake up despite it not being the softest one, Jungkook is still in debt to his friend. And so before he could turn away, he mouths a small thank you, before turning to look at his beautiful bride smiling at the group of performers singing them a happy love song as a gift.

Jungkook felt something warm in his chest as he holds his wife close, the feeling of being content and complete filling him as the night falls and the guests slowly start to leave in the end leaving the bride and the groom on their own. 

But neither complained because that's exactly where they wanted to be in life, happy, content, and together with the person they cherish and love forever.

——————————

Chaeyoung stares at her reflection in the glass sliding door, her bare petite body blurred by the water from the shower as she takes one more gulp before taking her own bathrobe to wrap around her figure.

Like most weddings,  tonight would be the night and despite how long she tormented about how everything is going to be alright and how everything was different now. There was still a part of her that was hesitant, and no matter how much she told the voice in her head how different everything will be this time, it still wasn't enough.

Deep breaths Chae.

She slips out of the bathroom, but not out of the bathroom just yet. Instead, she stared at the woman who stared back at her in the bathroom mirror who was looking just as worried and cautious as her, asking her the same questions she herself could never find a heart to answer.

Am I really ready? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter