final.

high hopes.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Based loosely on this poem (  https://www.facebook.com/miCaffeinated.writer/posts/2354717018109848?__tn__=K-R ) and Love, Rosie.
Excuse my bad grammar and every critical error I made. English is definitely not my first language. 

 

Jongin stands up from his seat, ignoring the 'no, . Sit down back, SOS' look from Jongdae. The shorter man's lips was set into a straight line, hands crossing over his chest; clearly wasn't expecting Jongin's spontaneous decisions to stand, after the bride's best friend ended her speech with so-much insights of the bride's old memories before the marriage. But you know what, life is all about taking chances, and risks. And Jongin had literally threw all of his chances and his so-called risk taking decisions out of the windows for the sake of his insecurities and pride.

 

Now, he was losing every bits of his happiness. There was no particular person to be blame but him. So, clearing his throat, as he anxiously looked around if people already sparing their attention solely on him in the room, Jongin adjusted his weight onto his other feet.

 

"Hi." Jongin started off, lamely. He wasn't planning on to be memorable, in the first place. It was out of whim, figured that if he didn't let this out, Jongin won't be able to live this out peacefully. And like people said, in order for you to fully let go, you need to confront those obstacles face front. So to speak, Jongin was going to take this chance, to be honest with himself. For once.

 

Jongdae might not be agreeing with him at the moment, but who cares?

 

Gathering enough eyes on him, Jongin continued with a light chuckles, "I'm Jongin, for those who wish to know my name but was afraid to approach me; I already cut the root of your problem tonight."

 

The sounds of the laughter that resonated through the room eased a tiny fraction of his nervousness of messing his impromptu speech that night. But the show had to go on. "And I'm the groom's best friend."

 

Jongin searched through the crowd for a familiar sight. His smile bloomed softly when Sehun bid him with an equal bright one, who was leaning comfortably against the white linen covered chair behind him  — top two of his buttons were opened, probably making an airway for the night breeze to fan off the sweats from the dancing he did earlier. Jongin raised his eyebrows, teasingly smile. "You know, we have been friends since we were in diapers."

 

 

Jongdae couldn't help it but snorted, and Sehun gave him a dirty look.

 

 

"And you've been my best friend ever since. Even though you did all those nasty stuff behind my back. Like the time you wipe your booger in my hair when we were seven. You thought I won't noticed them, did you?" Jongin's tone was carefree, reminiscing all of those memories back. And that fact garnered enough laughter from the audiences. Even Sehun's mother couldn't hold in the laughter this time. Because she knew. She was there, after all. "Your mom sided with you, sadly." Jongin added, and Mrs.Oh waved her hands forward, an action to dismiss that fact, "Shush you."

 

 

Jongin dryly laughed.

 

"Haha, but that wasn't the point." He shook his head. "Because I know you think my 8th birthday party was lame. I meant, who would want a bear birthday party and the guests need to wear brown because bear is brown, right? I overheard your mom apologizing to my mom in the kitchen, saying that you were late that day because of that. But I guess, you were right. I should have make a cowboy theme instead. And forced my dad to build a fake horse."

 

Jongin laughed as Sehun's now wife to be slapped the man's biceps, hands over to stifle in the laughter. "Never thought your husband to be that mean when he was a child, aren't you?"

 

"I said sorry too." Sehun hollered, when everyone kind of getting absorbed in Jongin's idea to make them think that Jongin was a victim for being Sehun's best friend. It was all the truth though, Jongin wouldn't dare to feign any of those precious memories. It was true, maybe it did hurt him back then. He sulked for a week, until Sehun came to his bedroom door with a chocolate cookies and cried because he missed Jongin.

 

Jongin playfully rolled his eyes, putting his hands up in defeat. "Alright, he said sorry. Cried in front of my bedroom door, begging me to forgive him. And we did reconcile after that. I'll never be able to get mad at him forever. He's my best friend."

 

in a round of air, blinking away the sudden urge to cry, Jongin whisked it away with a short laughter from his own part — it's completely out of his control. "We went through puberty years together. We were the same height before. But Sehun was a bit lankier than me. And paler. Jongdae called him, Milk boy when I introduced Sehun to Jongdae. Then, Sehun decided on that day on that he hate Jongdae without giving him a chance for a friendship. It was sure lot to make them be civil with each other. But they did, eventually. Now, all three of us were inseparable."

 

 

Jongin purposely used the past tense to describe their friendship. It just how things have gone down to, for these couple months. Years, actually. If Jongdae actually noticed that, that ma surely know how to fake it. Sehun's face glimmered down too, at the sudden realization that Jongin's speech was getting somber. Guilty, perhaps. But Jongin was quick to turn over the tables. He won't be selfish enough to ruin a day with the sad story. It would serve as another time.

 

 

"Going back to the memories lane sure was great. We had all sort of memories. Crazy bat one to the most test memories I could never forget but today is Sehun's wedding day. We're not going on crying session. And I wish, sincerely from the deepest part of my heart that Sooyoung would be another part of Sehun's life forever. That Sehun won't smooch his boogie on Sooyoung's hair and start learning how to cook because he could only cooked rice." Jongin shrugged, "Out of the three of us, only Sehun could cook a perfect, good rice without putting excessive amount of water or burnt the rice because there were not enough water."

 

 

It was the truth though. Jongin smiled, at the silly images that appears at the corner of his eyes, when Jongdae whined that their rice that they cooked during one of their camping trip were burnt.

 

 

"Life is funny isn’t it? Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, just when you finally begin to plan something, get excited about something, and feel like you know what direction you’re heading in, the paths change, the signs change, the wind blows the other way, north is suddenly south, and east is west, and you’re lost. It is so easy to lose your way, to lose direction. And that’s with following all the signposts. I know that we have our own lives now. But we will always be best friend, you know. Be it the man in front of me right now have change drastically," Jongin stopped, choking on the growing slumps that stuck on his throat — coughing to avert the sudden halt in his speech. "You and Jongdae will always be part of my life. And we wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter