FIN

Love @ First Rock

One would not imagine such a big man like The Rock himself sitting in the passenger seat bawling his eyes out. The reason for his manly tears, so elegantly falling down his caramel toned face was not because of a heartbreak, nor a terrible misfortune. This is not a story of that kind, my readers. No, no, it is in fact because of the most beautiful moment of his life, presencing it next to the most beautiful woman he had ever gazed upon. Kang Seulgi, his wife and companion for this extraordinary journey we call life. His daughter, Goldie, so sweetly looking, skipping on over to her first day of school was the reason his tears were coming out. Look at her go! A lovely mix of their most dazzling qualities together, the tender nature of Seulgi with the determination shared by both The Rock and Seulgi, and yet a dash of style typical only to The Rock. What a gorgeous combination.

 

It all started very strangely. A man of his caliber, his size (muscles and physique sculpted by the mighty gods of artistry themselves) turns the head of many people, and he was such a suave gentleman that he had more than one girl falling for him. But he only cared for one young lady, a slim beauty from ballet classes. He had seen her one time accompanying his younger sister to class and had seen Kang Seulgi in her most beautiful form and nature. The way she gracefully moved her entire body with beautiful lines, the way she looked like a gazelle, an elegant creature that was far superior than anyone in the dance studio… All of that had gripped The Rock’s rock hard heart, not tightly but gently, coaxing him into feeling the love and admiration he never truly felt before.

 

She danced and flew with such fluid motions that the water itself was jealous and she was always so concentrated on her dance. But when she caught a glimpse of that man, that big man staring in total childlike awe, she stopped and froze. Was he feeling the same thing as she felt? Her heart too was gripped at that moment, but unlike him she felt it tighten a little. Unknown to Seulgi, who was also in awe, she smiled and let those squishy looking cheeks of her make her eye smile along with her lips. It was such a captivating smile. The Rock knew it then, he was hers. It was all it took.

 

One smile.

 

And yet, they had been too shy to speak to one another until The Rock’s very own sister set him up on a date with Seulgi. Their personalities melted so smoothly, their laughter a beautiful harmony--while hers was high, his was low--, their physical difference one true marvel of life. They had gone to the café and filled the atmosphere with lighthearted wonder, making everyone in the room feel giddy and in love as well. In love with their connection, adulating their happiness together, finding their presence together to be such a marvelous human experience. 

 

Everyone knew it then, too. They would end up together and nothing, no one, would stop them. And if they tried to, The Rock would tackle them--.

 

That was years ago. And today, they were married and with a beautiful daughter.

 

“Ah, jagiya,” Seulgi began as she rubbed the man’s thick arm. “It’s okay, why are you crying?”

 

“She looks so grown now! That’s our baby!” He said between ugly sobs, trying to dry his tears away. He had been crying for thirty minutes now. In the past no one had managed to make the almighty Rock stop crying for whatever reason. No one, not even his mother, but his mother had a grasp of what could help. The true goddess that held this power within her hand was none other than Kang Seulgi herself. It was as easy as flipping as switch. 

 

She smiled widely and the car. “I know. We’ve taken such a good care of her, right?”

 

The Rock nodded but kept sobbing.

 

“So, what about we go to have some ice cream?”

 

And that’s how The Rock stopped crying and instantly looked up like an excited man child. “Ice cream?!”

 

“Chocolate ice cream at that.”

 

“Ah, you’re awesome. Truly. Jinja juseyo.”

 

His terrible command of the korean language was just as funny as Seulgi’s command of the English Language at first. 

 

“Then, be a good boy and settle down. We’re gonna go there right now.”

 

He straightened up, wiped his tears and acted like nothing happened. His voice was steady, low and imposing. Imposing to everyone except Kang Seulgi. “I’m behaving now.”

 

“Atta boy.”

 

And that, my dear readers, is the TRUE OTP.