the cause of my euphoria.

serene bliss

//

 

perhaps it was the peaceful sight of the cherry blossom napping away on the couch that had tempted yuri, the way sakura had her hands under her head, the way her chest rose and fell in a calming rhythm. sakura was merely sleeping, yet yuri couldn’t help but be enchanted at the pure and soothing sight. 

 

the brunette found herself wanting to share the same serenity, so she did what she always does, an action that became a habit overtime.

 

yuri leisurely approached the couch before she slowly and gently placed herself on top of the cherry blossom, sighing in content as warmth surged throughout her body, etching a blithe smile on her face. 

 

the woman under her groaned lightly at the abrupt weight, before finally dissolving in the warmth her lover provided and she became accustomed to the figure on top of her. 

 

sakura pulled her arms from under her head to secure yuri in her hold instead, eyes still closed. she felt yuri adjusting herself, tucking her head in the crook of her neck— her special spot. 

 

“did i disturb your nap?” 

 

sakura finds delight in yuri’s husky voice, she loves it for the uniqueness, the versatility and the charm it brings. yuri’s voice simply soothes her whole being that she is grateful to be welcomed by such godsend melody in the morning and the last greeting at night. 

 

yuri used to dislike how throaty she sounded, but after realising sakura found solace and joy in her voice, after hearing sakura’s endless ramblings about how euphonious and phenomenal her voice was; yuri gradually gained her confidence. 

 

to the point where yuri would sing whenever the older woman requested; usually when sakura is in bed reading books (yuri’s singing is her favourite bgm).

 

sakura’s lips drew up in a lazy smile, shaking her head lightly upon yuri’s query. then she feels careful arms making their way up to her neck, with one hand locked under her neck and the other caressing her smooth skin. 

 

sakura finds it endearing how much yuri loves to rub her thumb against her neck, and she merely smiles with relish as yuri’s gentle touch calms her. 

 

“actually, you’re making it better.” sakura truthfully claims.

 

and the on her neck pauses for a while before it continues again. she doesn’t need to open her eyes to see how flustered yuri is. 

 

their conversation stops there, a blanket of comfortable silence engulfing the both of them as they went in repose. 

 

how sakura tightens her hold on yuri’s waist and how she tangles their legs always seem to cause butterflies in her stomach. not that she minded, yuri loves them.

 

she thinks it’s crazy— a wondrous type of crazy— how much bliss sakura bestows her. she’s convinced nothing can surmount that. 

 

eventually, they dozed off locked in each other’s arms but somehow, just as they were in a state of tranquility, yuri falls off the couch.

 

a loud thud follows and sakura immediately sits up to find a whimpering yuri rolling on the floor, clutching the back of her head in pain. the cherry blossom is quick to help her up, rubbing the back of yuri’s head in hopes of soothing the pain.

 

and when sakura erupts into a fit of laughter, yuri purses her lips, wiping the tears that formed at the corners of her eyes as she feels a wave of betrayal wash over her.

 

she narrows her eyes at her lover who doesn’t seem to be affected by her threatening glares. (is it really considered a glare when yuri still looks adorable?) 

 

“i’ll have you know that my skull probably cracked open and you’re here laughing your off, huh unnie.” yuri huffs, grunting as the back of her head throbs.

 

sakura mutters a quick apology before planting a light kiss on her temple, yuri rolls her eyes. 

 

she’s lucky her kisses are magical.

 

“how’d you even fall off anyway?” sakura questions her in genuine curiosity, raising an eyebrow as she continues rubbing yuri’s head. 

 

the brunette merely shrugs, looking into sakura’s big brown eyes as she sighs shortly, feeling calmed by sakura’s gentle ministrations.

 

“i guess the couch is too narrow. time to buy a new one-“

 

“or we could just sleep on the bed, yul.”

 

“right.” yuri blinks and sakura chortles.

 

when sakura reciprocates her intent gaze, yuri kind of forgets to breathe (blame it on the beauty infront of her). there’s something about sakura’s eyes, something... captivating. whenever yuri looks into her eyes, she feels this invisible pull and she often finds herself being so immersed in those marvelous brown pools that time just seems to halt. like magic.

 

then she realises that sakura is leaning in. unconsciously, she traces her tongue across her lower lip, swallowing the invisible lump in as her eyes darted to a pair of plump lips drawing near.

 

but then she’s caught off guard when her cheeks became victim of sakura’s naughty, relentless hands.  

 

hitomi may hold the record of having the fluffiest cheeks to ever exist but nonetheless, yuri’s cheeks are sakura’s personal favourite. more often than not, sakura pokes and pulls her cheeks, constantly gushing over how soft and adorable they are. (next to gaming, sakura is a cheek freak.) 

 

it also came to the point where yuri gave in, it was useless to fight back against sakura’s hands anyway. they would come back to harrass her cheeks nevertheless.

 

“ugh! unnie, stop it! my cheeks are gonna deflate if you keep poking it!” yuri whines, slapping the daunting hands which dared touch her poor cheeks.

 

(her cheeks have just had enough.)

 

“if anything, they’re getting fluffier with the amount of times i’ve pulled them.” sakura points out, a playful smirk tugging on her lips.

 

and then came a spontaneous, playful staring contest between the two. yuri has zero problems with this game. if all she has to do is to stare into those warm brown pools, she can do it all day.

 

or so she thought.

 

out of the blue, sakura begins to lean in again. yuri knows it’s one of her tactics to win but she still finds it hard when sakura’s face is merely inches away from hers. it’s impossible.

 

“yul,” yuri unconsciously gulps when sakura’s deep voice came out, her insides clenched and there’s a tinge of pink on her cheeks.

 

the way sakura called her name stirred something inside her.

 

“yeah?” she weakly croaks out, her eyes focusing solely on sakura’s rosy lips, unable to tear her gaze away.

 

her heart is pounding wildly, her ears are flaming and her cheeks are searing as sakura drew nearer and nearer. yuri abruptly shuts her eyes in anticipation, but her lips are met with nothing.

 

there’s a pull on her neck and she could feel sakura’s lips ghosting her ear.

 

“you lose.”

 

and then yuri opens her eyes before releasing a prolonged whine as sakura promptly runs away from her, releasing the most annoying but at the same time, endearing laugh ever. disappointment takes over and yuri springs up with the determination to claim her aspirations (aka sakura’s lips), suddenly indulging in a game of tag as she chases the cherry blossom with the broadest smile on her lips.

 

“damn! unnie, you freaking tease!”

 

“curse one more time and you’re not getting your kiss!”

 

“nooo! i shall earn what is rightfully mine!”

 

 

end.