Best of Enemies

Love your Enemy [ONE SHOT]

 

Literature Class:
Yamaa- sensei forgot to returned the books he borrowed from the library yesterday. So he asks Shida to return it since she was seated in the front.

Yamaa-sensei: Shida-san, will you please return this set of books to the library. Yamada-kun (looking at yamada's direction), kindly help Shida-san in returning the books.

Yamada: Me? Why me? Just ask Kanata-kun to help her!

Shida just give Yamada a sharp look.

Shida: It's okay sensei, I'll just ask somebody to help me(she said this while looking sharply to yamada)

Yamapi: Iie... I want Yamada-kun to help you(he is aware about the tension between Yamada and Shida)

Yamada & Shida: Demo--(they said it at the same time and stare sharply at each other)

yamapi: Go... or else i'll give you a minus in your next quiz.

Yamada & Shida: EH???!!!

Yamada: I understand...(after he said this he immediately stood-up and pick up the books in the teacher's table, and he got out of the room... leaving Shida behind)

Shida: That STUPID Moron!!(she said angrily, then pick-up the books and followed Yamada to the library...)

 

As they walked towards to the library, they didn't dare to talk to each other. While they were walking, Shida didn't notice that she missed a single step while going downstairs. She lost her balance causing her to fell down on Yamada that was on her front. Yamada turned back his head to see what Shida was doing. But to his surprise he saw her falling towards him. And in a split second... they both fell down on stiars... and shida was on top of him!!. Instead of the hard floor... she felt Yamada's soft body onto her. She quickly lift her head to see if she was dreaming or not... but of course she's not...They both stared at each others eyes. Their faces was only an inch apart from each other. She suddenly stood-up, pick-up the books scattered on the floor, then leave Yamada behind. Yamada also stood-up, pick up the books and ran after Shida.

Yamada: Oi.. Matte~

but shida just snobbed him.

 

yamada: Chotto Matte~!( he grabbed Shida's arms to stopped her.)
 

Shida: Nande?(while looking sharply to him)
 

Yamada: D-Daijoubu?(Yamada asked calmly)
 

Shida: Don't worry... I'm still alive.Why? Are you afraid to lose me?hah! you should be thankful if I'm die right now... am i right?(sarcastically)
 

Yamada:(irritated) I'm not that kind of person!! i'm just worried about you!and you should be thankful that i help you! 
 

Shida: I didn't ask you to help me!
Yamada: But if i'm not there, you already have broken bones in your body.

Shida just stare Yamada sharply.

Shida: I'll never forgive you from the sin you've done to me before! If you think I will forgive you from saving me in this incident... well you're wrong. (She look sharply to Yamada, but he can see the pain in her eyes.)

And Shida left yamada behind.

 

Yamada was thinking back the past. Why they end up in being rivals...

*Flashback*
4 years ago...
1 week before Valentines Day

yamada and his friends were playing a truth or dare game... and Yamada was the it.

Touya: Okay... your dare is ...(thinking) ah! you will court Shida for 4 days. if she says yes to you... we will keep your secret from our class... that you have a crush on Yae-san. If you failed... sorry but your secrets will be no longer a secret anymore,.(w/a devilish smile)

yamada: Eh?but--

 

Touya: It's just a dare
 

Yamada: and after that... what will I do?
 

Kazuma: Break-up her... and for excitement.. on Valentines Day!
 

Yamada: Heh?! I can't do that--
 

Kazuma: You can do it... remember.. your secret...
 

Yamada: (sighed)I understand...

Shida ,of course, was surprised when Yamada confessed to her. She was so happy because she also have a crush on him. And on the 4th day she also confessed to him. But poor thing ...she didn't know that was just a game Yamada and his friends plotted for her. And when the Valentines Day came... she accidentally overheard his conversation with kazuma about her while she was looking for him at the park. She felt that she was betrayed by her best friend. That's why she put a war between them. 

*end of Flashback*

After Class:

Yamada was going to ask something to Shida, but he saw her with Kanat-kun(Kanata-kun is Shida's boyfriend) that's why he went home with a ssad face.

Yamada;(talking to his mind) Why would i be sad? he already have a boyfriend.. and i'm still going to ask her if she will be free on valentines Day? and why the hell i'm asking her to go out?

Yamada's mother: Ryo-chan?

Yamada:(still talking to his own self) of course she will not go out with me... the one who betrayed her... but I can't understand my feelings...

Yamada's Mother: Ryo-chan?(louder than before)

Yamada:(still talking to himself) Maybe I have a--

Yamada's Mother: Ryo chan!!(almost screamed)

Yamada: Huh?! (seems surprised)

Yamada's Mother: What are you thinking about? I've already called your name THRICE and you didn't even bother to answer back. Is there any problem?

Yamada: Nande mo nai... I'll just go to my room to rest.

Valentines Day:

Shida was so excited because she have date with Kanata-kun today. She wears the dress that she bought yesterday just for their "date". When the right time came, she immediately go to their meeting place.

Meanwhile... since he has no date today... Yamada decided to take a walk with his dog Kuu. he was about to take a turn when he saw a familiar person waiting at the entrance of a movie house.

 

Yamada: Kanata-kun?!
 

Minutes later he saw an unfamiliar girl approaching Kanata- kun. The girl kissed Kanata on his lips as she saw him. He was surprised that it is not Shida who were with Kanata-kun. And in an instant he carried his dog and he started to find Shida. He searched all the possible places that a couple would go during valentines day. A few minutes later, rain started to drop from the sky. Good thing he brought his umbrella with him. He went to the park to see if she was there... and he's right. Shida was sitting on a bench... soaking wet in the rain.He walked towards her. Shida felt that the rain stopped dropping upon her. Then she saw someone standing in front of her. She was surprised when she saw Yamada standing in front of her... panting.

Yamada: AT last I found you... (he smiled)

 

Shida:(she stand up) What are you doing here?

Instead of answering her question, yamada surprisingly hugged her.

 

Shida: Ch-Chotto Matte? What are you doing?(surprised)

When he didn't answer her question, she starts punching his chest to get rid of herself in his arms.

 

Yamada:(he releases Shida and starts talking) I'm glad your safe.(smiling)
 

Shida: huh?! Wait-- you're acting weird today? What happened? Don't tell me you're going to confess to me again and made me--

She didn't continue her sentence because Yamada kissed her on her lips just before she finished her sentence. She was so shocked that she slapped him on his face.

Yamada: What the--

 

Shida: Why did you hugged me? and even kissed me? is this also a part of your stupid games?
 

Yamada: No it's not--
 

Shida: well i'll warn you... if you dare to do that to me again--
 

Yamada: I- I LOve You(he said softly to her)
 

Shida: h-huh?!
 

Yamada; I love you.
 

Shida: You can't fool me with those words again...
 

Yamada: It's true... No stupid games this time. When you started to avoid me, I felt terribly hurt.. especially when you started to compete with me.
 

While Yamada was talking, Shida felt her tears rolled down upon her cheeks. In herself... she already forgive him since they were in jr. high. But her pride told her to not forgive him.
 

Shida: BAKA!! You went all through this just to tell me that... at least just call me in my cellphone.
 

Yamada: well i think you wouldn't answer if ---

Yamada was interrupted by his dog. They both laughed at each other. Then they went home happily... For Shida... it is the best Valentines Day ever happened to her!!!

*The End*


hope you like it...^-^
 

Happy Valentines Day Minna!!!